2015 V8 Supercars

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Penske didn't want Pye going to Tekno, so they gave him a drive for the rest of the year and Marcos has to agree with it?
Penske needs another car, for Pye to stay and for Ambrose to have a reference.
p67LKaN.gif

V8s won't exist in 2017, IMO thats almost certain. I mean there might be a v8 on the grid but it'll be joined by turbo 4s etc
I think a few manufacturers are still going with V8s though. I'm pretty sure Holden said a few weeks back that they'll be using a V8. Lexus have said that if they do join (which seems likely) they will be using a V8. Nissan and Volvo will probably change to V6s and Turbo Fours.

Very good interview with MA in regards to his decision.

Basically it all boiled down to tyre and testing restrictions not allowing him the time in the car to get the most out of it. Said he had no feel for the car and wasn't sure how he managed to stick it in the shootout.

It was also a decision based on the fact that if he couldn't get the feel of the car then providing feedback to help improve it would be difficult. Put to bed the rumours of a US return as well and also if he had his time again he would have returned differently, perhaps some other racing like Dev Series.

Very good interview with MA in regards to his decision.

Basically it all boiled down to tyre and testing restrictions not allowing him the time in the car to get the most out of it. Said he had no feel for the car and wasn't sure how he managed to stick it in the shootout.

It was also a decision based on the fact that if he couldn't get the feel of the car then providing feedback to help improve it would be difficult. Put to bed the rumours of a US return as well and also if he had his time again he would have returned differently, perhaps some other racing like Dev Series.

Hahaha thats a laugh.

Did he eloborate on his future in the sport?

Why is it a laugh ?? He openly admitted to underestimating the task at hand and the only possible way I can see him getting more miles is to do that.

Said he will be back at some stage and will do the bulk of the co-driver sessions in future rounds. As for a full time return, if the strong rumours of DJR returning to a 2 car team next year are true then thats when we will see him, no earlier. But he made no concrete plans at least in the interview

He did say he was shocked at how he did on the Clipsal Sunday and that he couldn't provide any real feedback for the engineers on how to improve the car.

His decision is more based around the team rather than himself also. The team want to get up to speed as quick as possible and he felt that he was holding back the process.

For mine I can't quite understand the trouble people are having understanding it all. Its about getting a guy in the car who knows them well and can develop it further, while Ambrose steps out and gets to grips with the car at his own pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even drunk drivers stay on the road more than Lowndes did in P2.He had about 7 or 8 spins or run off track incidents.
Must be shitting himself with SVG joining next year.

Instead of drunk, maybe he was inspired by the local football club stories this week and was on ice...

So DJR had to move the steering wheel back 10cm to accommodate Pyes driving position. MA had the Nascar 'Grandma driving position'

James Courtney VERY lucky to not be penalised

Would love to see Will get revenge.What bullshit Holdsworth gets pinged and JC doesn't.Yes Mostert made contact with JC,but it was after JC had already started spinning Will.

BTW does anyone else get the feeling Will & JC don't like each other ? ;)

BTW does anyone else get the feeling Will & JC don't like each other ? ;)

so i guess this is what it sounds like.....when FLOGS collide...........

WD00g.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back