Live bands on your bucket list that you are still yet to experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
I'm sure we all have those bands that for one reason or another have not been able to experience live despite having an utmost admiration of their music.

Three bands to start off with for me

1. Sigur Ros- They have toured down here several times, yet for every occasion I have had other commitments preventing me from experiencing their beautifully ethereal music live. Hopefully next time they will schedule a show that doesn't conflict with exams or familial matters.

2. Bolt Thrower- The best Death Metal band on the planet, yet haven't toured down under since the mid 90's. Sporadically schedule shows nowadays, having not released an album since 2006. Not holding my breath for another tour down under but there is hope as long as they remain active.

3. Slowdive- Shoegaze band recently reunited after a twenty year hiatus. Have held some hope for a tour since that reunion early last year, but hasn't yet come to fruition.

Radiohead, A Tribe Called Quest, Royal Blood, Drenge and My Bloody Valentine.

I restricted my list to bands I still have a slight chance in seeing. Best wishes in regards to your dreams of seeing Nirvana and Hendrix however.

Los Lobos - Amazing musicians, great singers, incredibly eclectic styles.
Sturgill Simpson - The best of the new country artists to come out in recent years
Dave Alvin - He is playing over East this year, but not coming to West Coast Blues and Roots !!! Loved his work ever since The Blasters and his solo stuff is incredible. I would have considered flying over to see him, but already booked enough flights for Footy, holidays, soccer and out of money.

I'm hoping that emperor will tour (I've seen immortal before, but I'm hoping they'll tour again too), and melechesh is another band I wanna see. I was at absu last year, but I was absolutely hammered, so I'm not sure if it counts. Not holding my breath for dark throne though.

I never got to see Nirvana, and I wish that I'd had the chance to go to death (did they ever tour Australia?), but sadly I'll never be able to see either now.

emperor would be a huge one for me. same boat as bolt thrower though, doing intermittent tours but not travelling close to our shores.

Seen plenty of great concerts over the years and seen nearly everybody I've wanted to see, some a few times over. The ones that spring to mind...

Oasis - never saw them live while they were together but if they reform I'll have to. Have however seen Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Beady Eye after the Gallaghers went their separate ways.

Megadeth - Was all pumped to go to Soundwave 2014 to see them play but they pulled out.

Paul Kelly - the amount of times this man has done a show and I've not gone....

Looking at those three....I guess I have a pretty diverse taste in music. :D

Metallica. Far from their peak, and my tastes have moved on a fair bit, but I still enjoy most of their stuff (including their 90s albums) and it would be cool to see them at least once.
Would've loved to see Cog before they broke up too. Really love their stuff

More active bands I'd love to see:
Deftones; Baroness; Mastodon; Dillinger Escape Plan. If I wasn't so poor and could afford Soundwave tickets over the last couple of years a lot of mine would've been knocked off. Oh well, haha.

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, but I'll probably have to travel to the U.S. for that since I'm the only fan in Australia.

David Gilmour - unlikely, but at least I saw Pink Floyd once

Robert Plant - some chance of this I hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Radiohead, A Tribe Called Quest, Royal Blood, Drenge and My Bloody Valentine.

My Bloody Valentine only toured a little while ago.

I saw them at The Enmore in Sydney.

Very good.

I'd love to see quite a few bands live. To name a few.

-GY!BE.
-Fugazi.
-SWANS.
-Phillip Glass.
-James Rhodes.

I'm sure we all have those bands that for one reason or another have not been able to experience live despite having an utmost admiration of their music.

Three bands to start off with for me

1. Sigur Ros- They have toured down here several times, yet for every occasion I have had other commitments preventing me from experiencing their beautifully ethereal music live. Hopefully next time they will schedule a show that doesn't conflict with exams or familial matters.

2. Bolt Thrower- The best Death Metal band on the planet, yet haven't toured down under since the mid 90's. Sporadically schedule shows nowadays, having not released an album since 2006. Not holding my breath for another tour down under but there is hope as long as they remain active.

3. Slowdive- Shoegaze band recently reunited after a twenty year hiatus. Have held some hope for a tour since that reunion early last year, but hasn't yet come to fruition.

Think you'll be seeing Bolt Thrower this year.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back