2015 Mighty Cats festival and Season launch

Remove this Banner Ad

Season launch tonight at the cattery.

Anyone planning on attending?

Also will be a market/festival type family event on the grounds of Kardinia Park from 3pn till 9pm

Matty Scarlett to be inducted as a legend in the Hall of Fame and just as exciting for me is that it will be done by Garry Hocking making a rare return to the club.

There program for the offical stuff as follows

6pm - Season launch begins
6:25pm - Team jumper presentation
6.50pm - Joel Selwood's address
6:55pm - Scarlett's legend induction
7:15pm - Brian Cook's address
7:20pm - Chris Scott's address

Season launch tonight at the cattery.

Anyone planning on attending?

Also will be a market/festival type family event on the grounds of Kardinia Park from 3pn till 9pm

Matty Scarlett to be inducted as a legend in the Hall of Fame and just as exciting for me is that it will be done by Garry Hocking making a rare return to the club.

There program for the offical stuff as follows

6pm - Season launch begins
6:25pm - Team jumper presentation
6.50pm - Joel Selwood's address
6:55pm - Scarlett's legend induction
7:15pm - Brian Cook's address
7:20pm - Chris Scott's address

you seem to have missed Tom Hawkins contract announcement at 7:30… :D

Go Catters

you seem to have missed Tom Hawkins contract announcement at 7:30… :D

Go Catters
7.30 is the event close apparently.... BUT notice Cook and Selwood only have 5 mins for their address...

There seems a spare 5 mins at the end!

Haha,really?
What's the story,not impressed?
We just went to the outside bit..I have a 3 year old, there was a jumping castle. The old clowns from the show and nothing else of interest. Food trucks apparently... 4 of them, and no where to sit and eat. And just basically crappy market stalls.
good idea, poor execution

Really it is on. No advice from the club to me and anyway why on earth would they hold it at night at that time in Geelong. Some of us work and don't live in Geelong. Just one more poor decision by the club about contacting with members and supporters

Really it is on. No advice from the club to me and anyway why on earth would they hold it at night at that time in Geelong. Some of us work and don't live in Geelong. Just one more poor decision by the club about contacting with members and supporters
As I said before... good idea, poor execution I think.

Looks pretty lame from the photos I've seen so far... but the sponsors get a great night it also looks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really sure about the whole red carpet walk out onto the ground to get your jumper. Bit lame. At least they tried to bring it to us common folk I guess.

Wait,so it's okay to hold it in Melbourne for years on weeknight and screw Geelong residents ?
As for no advice from the club,how many more emails do you want from the club about it ?
There's a big ad on the front page of the club website and has been stories all week about it and in previous weeks.

Next time something is on at the club perhaps they can get someone to come around to your house each night in the weeks leading up to it so you know about it and don't forget.

Wait,so it's okay to hold it in Melbourne for years on weeknight and screw Geelong residents ?
As for no advice from the club,how many more emails do you want from the club about it ?
There's a big ad on the front page of the club website and has been stories all week about it and in previous weeks.

Next time something is on at the club perhaps they can get someone to come around to your house each night in the weeks leading up to it so you know about it and don't forget.

Well maybe they haven't learnt?
He has a point. Saturday makes way more sense.

I don't think the later start to the year helped to be honest... if it was a month earlier and the weather was better it would have been better I think.
As I said it was a good idea just need to tweak some things... if you advertise it as having family fun activities.. have a handball comp or target, have players involved, face painting for the kids etc

Except it's the start of school holidays so people might be away.Anyway ATSAM couldn't get there on a saturday as they must live in a cocoon.
Come on. 1% would be on holidays.

99% of people who work in Melbourne.........would not be home.

Come on. 1% would be on holidays.

99% of people who work in Melbourne.........would not be home.

I live 5 minutes away and it didn't appeal to me at all. Why not have a practice game and have it afterwards ..i don't know..but "That" appeal to me not. Paying to seeing jumpers given out. Do they think I have bottomless pockets. Preamble,Preamble....bring on the game.

Last edited:
I live 5 minutes away and it didn't appeal to me at all. Why not have a practice game and have it afterwards ..i don't know..but "That" appeal to me not. Paying to seeing jumpers given out. Do they thing I have bottomless pockets. Preamble,Preamble....bring on the game.
Couldn't your kids get their jumpers signed etc?
Could they have a kick on the ground?

Kids miss out on too much of that.
I thought that was what it was about.

Couldn't your kids get their jumpers signed etc?
Could they have a kick on the ground?

Kids miss out on too much of that.
I thought that was what it was about.
At tonights thing.... nah

They had a market thing outside the ground... aimed at families apparently but with no where to sit and eat, and nothing really for the kids to do...
And inside they had people sitting in the grandstand watching a presentation on a stage on the ground.

Big Fozza would have had a completely different experience with the sponsors as from the looks of the players instagrams there was a function in the captains room in the premiership stand

It sounds like they should have done the whole lot outside.
I wonder what the crowd was inside?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back