2015; Player X or Player Y or Player Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judd vs Sammy Mitchell

Just want a nice price rise over the first few weeks - then upgrade to super premo.

I'd go Mitchell, I still remember Judd running on a couple of years ago pulling his hammy in 3 minutes and destroying his season.

Dayne Beams and B Goodes

vs

Gaz and a defence rookie

Tipping Beams to go 115 and Goodes 85

Gaz to go 130 and a rookie to go 70

Thoughts?

Dayne Beams and B Goodes

vs

Gaz and a defence rookie

Tipping Beams to go 115 and Goodes 85

Gaz to go 130 and a rookie to go 70

Thoughts?

I'd probably say Gaz & Rookie coz the 130 gives you C/VC every week, but given the uncertainty around Ablett I'd be leaning towards Beams & Goodes. Would be pretty shattering to start with Gaz and see him subbed off at half time, I guess equally as shattering to start without him and watch him score 140 in R1.

Murphy v Dangerfield

I'd go Murphy. Danger was played a fair bit forward, he did score well though but the Crows might play him out of position pending his departure. Similar to the Hawks and Buddy in 2013, they might become less reliant. Could be completely off though and he smashes out a 120 ave.

brett goodes & dane swan
vs
tom langdon & marcus bontempelli
reasons??

Goodes and Swan

I'd go Murphy. Danger was played a fair bit forward, he did score well though but the Crows might play him out of position pending his departure. Similar to the Hawks and Buddy in 2013, they might become less reliant. Could be completely off though and he smashes out a 120 ave.

Goodes and Swan
Danger will play more midfield with Crouch injured and rest up fwd in between.

Dangerfield>Murphy

I'd go Mitchell, I still remember Judd running on a couple of years ago pulling his hammy in 3 minutes and destroying his season.
That was last season. He did play 11 games when he came back from that injury so his season wasn't entirely destroyed.

Not sure if I've asked this one yet but anyway,

M Johnson v H Taylor
Both good options imo. I like MJ better though. Think he can get back to the mid-high 90s avg again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibbard and $123k def rookie (probably Hambling)
vs
KK (or a cheaper defender) and Goodes.

I've had Hibbard in since SC opened and not sure to start with him or upgrade later (due to having no games apart from inter-clubs). Also, with Goodes being upgraded off the rookie list, I think he's too good to miss out on.

Hibbard and $123k def rookie (probably Hambling)
vs
KK (or a cheaper defender) and Goodes.

I've had Hibbard in since SC opened and not sure to start with him or upgrade later (due to having no games apart from inter-clubs). Also, with Goodes being upgraded off the rookie list, I think he's too good to miss out on.
I think you've answered your own question there.

Hibberd was a lock from the start for me also but only come out now for reasons you mentioned above. Hope he's rusty and drops price for upgrade later on. Watchlist.

Murphy v Dangerfield

Danger, Murphy coming back from a slight injury isn't as attractive.

brett goodes & dane swan
vs
tom langdon & marcus bontempelli
reasons??

Goodes and Swan.

Fallen premo and a cheap mid priced mature aged player trump 2 quality second year players every time in my book.

That was last season. He did play 11 games when he came back from that injury so his season wasn't entirely destroyed.

s**t, I thought it was a while ago, nevertheless, watching that put me off Judd for good, I dont care how well he is travelling, hammy's will never be the same.

I see all the new drive by posters are popping in a week out getting their easy quick fix for help. You'll never hear from them again either.

Completely ignore other posts to help or give input.

Reminds of those at school who study & do the hard yards only for lazy shitheads to ask for the answers in the exam room.

Do your fn research and participate in this forum....otherwise fook off as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed Kadog that needs to be said in rate my team thread.the mods should put something up the top of thd srceen or something.
What about those of us that sporadically post with zero consistency? Really into it for a year then nothing for a year then all out again the next etc etc??

I know what you mean though, all you need to do is a tiny tiny little bit of research and you'r pretty much good to go into the season proper with a team (while not spectacular) still not too shabby. You just need to know the following:

1. Are they going to play?
2. Can I fit them in my salary cap?
3. Do they provide me value of some description (cash? points? flexibility/cover? etc)

That's seriously as hard as it gets if you want it to... Every year there are those"rate my teams" that are obviously cut/paste versions of 'the normal' and will be fine to get you through a season. POD is huge IMO in how well your going to go and how much "fun" you're going to get out of the game. You can come on here and get as much good oil on players that will be in everyones team, no problems. It's the POD's you pick that really make your team or break your team IMO. You won't really tend to get those uniques on BF or anywhere else in my experience.

Anyway... Random rant is over now.

Enjoy the team building over the next week all. Good luck.

Beams v Parker v Lewis
Which one?
Parker (obviously biased). Really becoming a leader at the club and I'd suspect they'll want to throw Heeny and Titch more forward for their first handful of games thus pushing Parks more midfield. I suppose we'll see, but a solid reliable scorer none-the-less and seemingly only getting better. I always forget how young he is and how much upside he probably still has. Incredible player both in the 'real world' but also SC scoring wise IMO. Upward trajectory from my POV.

Interesting to see how Beams and Lewis both go this year though.

Beams was already starting to stand in Swannys spot points/role wise at the pies and provided he doesn't have to share too much with Rocky or Redden I think he'll be a gun. At this point though it's a bit of an unknown. Riskier than Parker and Lewis IMO but could be well worth it if his NAB cup form/role is anything to go by. Risk/reward on this one big time.

Lewis is a gun but has some pretty handy teammates floating around him that he's going to have to share his point with. Hodge and Mitchell don't seem to be slowing down as fast as most had expected. Then again, I rate his game from a SC perspective. The gameplan the Hawks use could be altered as opposition focus more attention to them after their recent success. Like the Cats, opposition will circle that game in their diaries and have more specific tactics and plans for them than other teams IMO. This could mean less kicking = less points.

Parker (obviously biased). Really becoming a leader at the club and I'd suspect they'll want to throw Heeny and Titch more forward for their first handful of games thus pushing Parks more midfield. I suppose we'll see, but a solid reliable scorer none-the-less and seemingly only getting better. I always forget how young he is and how much upside he probably still has. Incredible player both in the 'real world' but also SC scoring wise IMO. Upward trajectory from my POV.

You reckon it could be better starting off with Parker rather than JPK?

Buddy and Clancee. Buddy's a proven performer, not convinced on Clancee but could work.

I'm bullish on Clancee, he has proven he can score very well in both 2012 and 2013. If he can string together a 5-6 game run of solid scores like he has done numerous times in the past then that will be enough to make decent money for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back