Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
ClickHandler.ashx

Our new sponsor has been an AFL corporate partner for years. Apparently they cancelled their contract with the AFL two years before it was due to run out and obviously reckon we are a better deal - smaller, but better bang for their bucks.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Great news, all aboard.

I thought it was going to be Vegemite, given KT's comments last night about Round 2 and the assistance to Foodbank, but when I saw the post by The Smaller Warrior with 4H 20M to go, it was clear. Should have read the whole thread before making comments.

Stryke

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The TV ad does not fill me with confidence that we aren't going to completely **** up NGI/NTUA this year.

WRT to NTUA : Thinking about it, it's done in the last minute before the siren, so I don't see what we could do to mess it up, unless we completely re-do it. I can't see it being changed at all.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
WRT to NTUA : Thinking about it, it's done in the last minute before the siren, so I don't see what we could do to mess it up, unless we completely re-do it. I can't see it being changed at all.

Geez I hope your right. Please Port don't go messing with NTUA

I dunno kochie has been saying ntua will be even bigger this year which worrkes me.

I have been assured that NTUA wont be changed - just some small tweaks to some aspects around it ie the build up to that one minute will be better. I think the bigger and better in 2015 talk is about from game 1, having 50,000 people singing it and all the scarves added since the end of the season, for all our 11 home games, not just the last 4 or 5 in 2014 as the crowd took time to get into it and learn the words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been assured that NTUA wont be changed - just some small tweaks to some aspects around it ie the build up to that one minute will be better. I think the bigger and better in 2015 talk is about from game 1, having 50,000 people singing it and all the scarves added since the end of the season, for all our 11 home games, not just the last 4 or 5 in 2014 as the crowd took time to get into it and learn the words.

And by 'small changes' he means JD Fortune will run through his own dedicated banner labelled 'ELEGANTLY TASTED - FOUR'N'TWENTY' before mounting the fist float to sing a medley of Chunky Custard songs.

And by 'small changes' he means JD Fortune will run through his own dedicated banner labelled 'ELEGANTLY TASTED - FOUR'N'TWENTY' before mounting the fist float to sing a medley of Chunky Custard songs.
Nope! you gotta stop being a slash the wrist type of guy tribey.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
I think we only need to do one thing with NTUA, quieten down the INXS bit over the PA just a bit so that the supporters are the main part of the noise. It had to be mainly INXS in 2014 when people were getting used to it but the more it is just a crowd sound the better. We may even in the future get to a point where the only original bit is the 8-note intro.

Nope! you gotta stop being a slash the wrist type of guy tribey.
He's channelling Screaming Lord Sutch.

From last night

KT talks about our offield partnerships a few examples of how Port does it a bit differently

Our partnerships are underpinned by 3 things - Knowledge, Care and Trust and mentions

* ISC and Richmond finals jumper turned over in 3 days to and from Fiji
* Energy Australia and funding Aboriginal Academy and sending them to Alice Springs this year
* Santos and Aboriginal education programs and a bureaucrat from the Prime Minister's office helping us
* Chairmen's club members raising money for the meusem
* Italian club supporters raising monies to refit our facilities and change rooms
* Mates at UniSA building with us Post Grad sports science education programs
* Volunteer Asian advisory board in China who are setting us up with contact after contact
to give us a foothold in South China region - you will hear a lot more about that getting traction
* Friends from SA government - built AO
* Rivergum, Lang Walker and other partners- last year built a house for great mates at Foodbank
* Foodbank said they are short of Vegemite. At Sydney game we are doing a Vegemite run
and collect a world record.

"These things dont happen unless you are engaged with each other."

That's what we've got going on as a group. "I'm saying to you know, if ever
we're not acting like that, I want you to whack us. Give me a call and tell
me 'cause we know if we can get into that space great things can happen."

KT then introduces us to Chris Hartley - President of the Childhood Cancer Association
and says this year the PAFC will put our arm around them to help them raise funds for important work
they are doing and the club is coming to us fans later in the year for our support. These guys
are largely unfounded by the government but doing incredible work.

Chris talks a bit about his association and the talks about Travis boak is an ambassador for Childhood Cancer Association
for 4 yaers. Every two weeks Boaky goes into ward and spends time with kids and the families. talks about that experience

In 2014 - 63 kids in SA diagnosed with cancer, 7 relapsed and 9 tragically lost their lives

Have a listen to what Chris' son has had to go thru the first time and then a couple of years later when he relapsed
As Chris said its not a marathon, but an ultra ultra marathon.

Last edited:

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...lion-this-season/story-fndv8s6g-1227281613725
Port Adelaide’s corporate backing to rise to record $13 million this season
PORT Adelaide president David Koch’s profile is paying off in millions of dollars at Alberton - and the major benefactor is Power coach Ken Hinkley.

The Power this season will attract a record $13 million in corporate backing - more than double the $5.5 million in 2013 when the Sydney-based Koch started using his television exposure and contacts in the Australian corporate world to change Port Adelaide’s reputation as a “basket case”.
The spin-off of becoming a “corporate darling” is more funds to underwrite Hinkley’s football program. The Power ranked 15th among 18 clubs for football department spend in 2012, Hinkley’s first season. This rose to 12th last year - and will be the sixth-best budget this season.
More ....
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...lion-this-season/story-fndv8s6g-1227281613725
upload_2015-3-27_20-55-24.png

Port Adelaide president David Koch with Paddy Ryder and Chad Wingard after a new sponsorship deal was announced with FourN’ Twenty pies

from the story smithy7 linked.

Another significant sponsorship will be announced next week in the lead-up to the Power’s season-opening AFL clash with Fremantle in Perth.

and for Lockhart Road

“Both did not share our vision,” Koch said. “We are a national brand in a national league as a club based in SA. Four n Twenty shares our vision. We have to get over the narrow focus in SA.”

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas told The Advertiser his club would become “creative” in seeking new sponsorship deals.

“We are going to move beyond the traditional sources of corporate sponsorship to become more creative,” he said. “China is one of those new avenues.”

The Power is hoping to play a pre-season game and perhaps a premiership match in China within the next three seasons.

Great meeting Bomber and Kat too. I hope they had a good time lovely in real life like on bigfooty. Both taller that I thought ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back