The new campaign against Dank

Remove this Banner Ad

Appears to be a new campaign against Dank now who, in my opinion, has been largely left out of it and the focus has been on James Hird instead.

Essendon drugs saga: How Stephen Dank ran the controversial supplement program

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pplement-program/story-fni5f6kv-1227281669383

The man they call “Danksy” stored hexarelin and other potions in this fridge, which he left unlocked in his disorderly office deep inside Bombers’ HQ.

The office doubled as a makeshift medical centre — it was here that Dank allegedly injected supplements into Essendon players and staff, including the club’s AFL legend coach James Hird.

Dank was not a qualified doctor. He wasn’t a pharmacist. He wasn’t even an accredited sports scientist, although he’d had years of experience working at professional sporting clubs.

That article (from today) combined with the Neil Mitchell Interview (also today) makes think this is a new PR tactic to make the players appear to be as innocent or as ignorant as possible.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/afl-boss...ssendon-supplements-saga-20150327-1m940b.html
Neil: You believe the players were ignorant?

Mr McLachlan: Yes I certainly do.

I always thought that being over critical of Dank during the investigation was fraught with danger as I think that he could cause big issues if he felt aggrieved by the AFL or Essendon so it will be interesting to see what surfaces over the next week.

I'll also point out that everyones favourite pro-essendon twitterer, Cerberus, said this would happen earlier in the week:

Cerberus @tretestecane · Mar 25
Mark my words, come next Tuesday the AFL is going to have you believe that Dank did everything, including shooting JFK.

Looks like his premonition is correct in this instance.

About time! Release the hounds!

Him testifying under oath could lead to ASADA pursuing additional charges as they still have a 5 year time frame left.

The professional bagwheeler to EFC's lawyers, cereberus, followed up with this tweet a few hours ago saying... so if the OP wants to take him as a reliable source (I don't)...

I think he is reliable in everything but his optimism.

When he has something factual he tends to be right.

Imo. If there was insufficient evidence and that had been the verdict... we would know by now.

Appears to be a new campaign against Dank now who, in my opinion, has been largely left out of it and the focus has been on James Hird instead.

Essendon drugs saga: How Stephen Dank ran the controversial supplement program

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pplement-program/story-fni5f6kv-1227281669383

That article (from today) combined with the Neil Mitchell Interview (also today) makes think this is a new PR tactic to make the players appear to be as innocent or as ignorant as possible.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/afl-boss...ssendon-supplements-saga-20150327-1m940b.html

I always thought that being over critical of Dank during the investigation was fraught with danger as I think that he could cause big issues if he felt aggrieved by the AFL or Essendon so it will be interesting to see what surfaces over the next week.

I'll also point out that everyones favourite pro-essendon twitterer, Cerberus, said this would happen earlier in the week:

Looks like his premonition is correct in this instance.

Ol' Danky hey.

Claims he knows exactly what the players took, but for two years has refused to meet them and tell them.

It's funny though, nobody here seems to have a moral issue with him. Really can't work it out.

Ol' Danky hey.

Claims he knows exactly what the players took, but for two years has refused to meet them and tell them.

It's funny though, nobody here seems to have a moral issue with him. Really can't work it out.

WTF? He is as crooked as they come but he did not hire himself did he. Hird created the enviroment that saw the need for Dank and actively pushed/supported the program. Dank is gone and will never get near another sporting club, the problem for most people is that the other main offender, James Albert Hird is still involved and until he goes the stench remains.

The blokes office is a shambles, and he looks like he stepped off a used car lot. Yet we are lead to believe Mr Dank fooled the entire club, who were merely innocent pawns in his MLM supplement distribution scheme.

Sucker born every minute. What a pathetic organisation.

Yes Albert and other members of the coaching staff, a club official, Doc Reid, all saw this shambolic set up and did what?

Its comical the s**t they are trying to get away with. They are all guilty of being involved in the program, Dank was just cog in the machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the matter of Hird, it seems he either he knew what Dank was (allegedly) up to, or he didn't. Neither of them are a very good look for Hird, IMO.

Willful blindness or plausible deniability?

The players know the drug code and that it was their responsibility. If they took something banned, they are screwed. Some of this crap might be convenient for the AFL's profit margins, but WADA won't have a bar of it.

Correct because team officials could arrange to dope players, keep said players in dark and keep no records and use the Essendon precedent to get them off.

WADA cannot allow that so they will have to come over the top if they get off or at the very least change the code to state that no records = auto 2 year ban.

The players know the drug code and that it was their responsibility. If they took something banned, they are screwed. Some of this crap might be convenient for the AFL's profit margins, but WADA won't have a bar of it.

They still need the evidence to prove it. It will be a very interesting result if Dank is found guilty of administering banned drugs to Essendon players, but the tribunal doesn't find enough evidence to ban the players.

They still need the evidence to prove it. It will be a very interesting result if Dank is found guilty of administering banned drugs to Essendon players, but the tribunal doesn't find enough evidence to ban the players.

That'll merely trigger a WADA appeal to CAS.

It's not only about the unethical piece of slime Stephen Dank - the man who thought giving growth promotants to Jon Mannah was appropriate - but about the people who hired him and enabled him.

Oh, whats that. It's a series of SMS messages between Stephen Dank and James Hird. I wonder what they were discussing, apart from the details of who got what drug.

Never ever ever forget Dank was Hird's creature at Essendon.

I find it interesting that "they've" given this story to Carly Crawford, so that it seems more neutral.

Still, they're pinning the tail on Dank, and almost running the "rogue" defense once more, despite the conflicting evidence that everyone stood by and let him do as he pleased, including jabbing players and staff in his office.

So brave. So rogue.

I find it interesting that "they've" given this story to Carly Crawford, so that it seems more neutral.

Still, they're pinning the tail on Dank, and almost running the "rogue" defense once more, despite the conflicting evidence that everyone stood by and let him do as he pleased, including jabbing players and staff in his office.

So brave. So rogue.

yeah, the rogue campaign stopped back in '13 I think.

The only reason I think it has come back is because, I think, there will be a guilty finding and they are trying to pre-emptively manage the fall out. (this is of course my opinion)

Last edited:
Ol' Danky hey.

Don't be too hasty in saying no one has a moral issue with him. I want him bankrupted, put into stocks at fed square so everyone (foamer and koolaider alike get to throw rotten fruit at him). Disgrace to science and medicine for actions in particular nrl (warfarin in contact sport dumbass lucky no one had a significant intracranial bleed) and afl.

Don't be too hasty in saying no one has a moral issue with him. I want him bankrupted, put into stocks at fed square so everyone (foamer and koolaider alike get to throw rotten fruit at him). Disgrace to science and medicine for actions in particular nrl (warfarin in contact sport dumbass lucky no one had a significant intracranial bleed) and afl.

I forgot about the ******* warfarin.

Warfarin. In a collision sport.

yeah, the rogue campaign stopped, a back in '13 I think.

The only reason I think it has come back is because, I think, there will be a guilty finding and they are trying to pre-emptively manage the fall out. (this is of course my opinion)

Not just the fall out. 'Rogue', 'duped', 'ignorant' etc (it may be true) goes towards backdating and relief regards length of ban does it not. Minimising the the fall out but also minimising the length of ban.

Whether they know of a guilty finding or it is a 'just in case' is a guess at present, but I am leaning towards the former as a result of the latest PR.

P.S. I find Gil's comments inappropriate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back