No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So for all those conspiracy theorists that think we let Geelong get the utensil so we'd get the utensil for Paddy and a first rounder at years end...they just signed him to 2017

Western bulldogs signed Ryan Griffen to a new contract last year too.

Well unless the utensil has a season where after each match the coach berates him in front of the group for not performing, to the point that the utensil demands to be traded to us then the comparison is unjust

The point is contracted players get traded all the time. Remember Bernie Vince?

So you are suggesting they signed him up for another year just to trade him at years end?

Seriously?

I'm saying if we are in a position to trade with them at the end of the season, if PD nominates them and we match their offer. utensil isn't off the table.

There is no way Geelong will let us get our hands on their utensil

Dangerfield is worth 2 first round picks, he's a top 5 player in the AFL and in the prime of his career. They will only have one first round pick to give, last year's first pick makes up for it.

If Paddy Ryder is worth a 1st and a 2nd, Patty is worth 2 firsts, If Dane Beams is worth a 1st and 2nd, Patty is worth 2 firsts. If Tom Scully is worth 2 firsts, Danger certainly is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield is worth 2 first round picks, he's a top 5 player in the AFL and in the prime of his career. They will only have one first round pick to give, last year's first pick makes up for it.

If Paddy Ryder is worth a 1st and a 2nd, Patty is worth 2 firsts, If Dane Beams is worth a 1st and 2nd, Patty is worth 2 firsts. If Tom Scully is worth 2 firsts, Danger certainly is.

He is but he is a Free Agent.

We may be able to wangle something better by matching the offer but if we start to think we'll wangle something approaching fair compo then we have got our hands on our proverbial Nakias. It'll be a game of bluff for Geelong, will Adelaide risk losing Danger for nothing? I think Geelong would enter those negotiations thinking Adelaide couldn't...and they'd be right.

If you think people on this board have gone nuts over whether we should have gone utensil or Fulcrum, wait til the guy picked where our compo pick would have been gets picked

I think his not knowing is inconceivable.
I'd say there's a very good chance this isn't a decision he feels he needs to make yet. He would have an idea of what he wants to do, but whether it has firmed as a decision, or merely remained as is, we cannot know. Or is it inconceivable that we don't know what he has decided? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back