Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I reckon the Balfours Chocolate Donut is probably the only decent product Balfours has ever made.

Their pies are bland. Their Footy Pie is probably the worst thing i've ever eaten. Its just full of unchewable cartilage.

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hell, I love a bats#it boring Balfour's pastie every now and then.

There's something about plain potato, carrot and pastry that makes my tastebuds breakdance.

Electric boogaloo, bitches!

giphy.gif

I'll gladly eat any God-forsaken gristle and gravy plop encrusted in cardboard pastry but I draw the line at commercially made pasties. That shiz needs to be home made with lamb mince, parsnips and turnip.

Balfours has never made anything good ever.

I'm quite smitten with their Bee Sting; honey, almond, custard and yeasty dough.

Looverlee.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
so today we learnt we develop murderers and have shunned - alienated most the state by turning our back and pissing all over local companies who were knocking down the walls deserate to throw money at the club. im surprised they didnt find a tenuous port adelaide link to the chap who deicided to ease the plane into the mountain

I'll gladly eat any God-forsaken gristle and gravy plop encrusted in cardboard pastry but I draw the line at commercially made pasties. That shiz needs to be home made with lamb mince, parsnips and turnip.

The great De Souza pasties dont have mince but I reckon its the pastry that make's it. I think Grandpa De Souza was Greek so I reckon it is more a filo pastry style that they use that is their secret over of the cardboard style pastry some use.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A bee sting isnt a bee sting unless its bought at a little bakery in truro IMO
That bakery still going .. The Angling Club Members called in there on our way home after fishing on the Murray River. We gave them an order for about 40 members in the morning. Then after we had the Pies, Pasties etc we had a drink in the pub lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no greater donut but Kipling at Port Wakefield. All their stuff is awesome. I'm crashing before I break my 4 month sugar hiatus and binge

A bee sting isnt a bee sting unless its bought at a little bakery in truro IMO

True. There's a bakery in Nurioopta that does a good one. Their hot cross buns are pretty good too.

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Pie Face thanks. The baked in house ones are a million time better than the ones they're flogging at the On The Runs' at the moment though.

Didn't they go out of business a few months ago?

Didn't they go out of business a few months ago?

Greedy owners with a nasty coke habit who tried to get too big, too fast. I think they got a rescue investor that quelled their influence so they've stayed alive for now.

There is no greater donut but Kipling at Port Wakefield. All their stuff is awesome. I'm crashing before I break my 4 month sugar hiatus and binge

Good call. We often stop there to/from adelaide

True. There's a bakery in Nurioopta that does a good one. Their hot cross buns are pretty good too.

Linke's Bakery. And it's pronounced Bienenstich if you want to fit in with the locals.

xflamedancer

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
P.A. Magpies, Man U.
Obviously channel 9 forgot to mention how PAFC also secured sponsorship from the RAA.

It's s**t like this that makes me glad I ****ed off out of there in 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back