Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Get crap sponsors (MyATM, Soaring Securities) we get canned. Get good sponsors (Four 'N Twenty) we get canned. South Australia can go **** itself.
Can only needs 3 *

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll gladly eat any God-forsaken gristle and gravy plop encrusted in cardboard pastry but I draw the line at commercially made pasties. That shiz needs to be home made with lamb mince, parsnips and turnip.
This. :thumbsu:

Concussion

Helmet
Mar 18, 2013
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenorchy Magpies
Some interesting facts for those that don't know:

Under the current Code, a meat pie must contain a minimum of 25% "meat flesh". Meat flesh includes the skeletal muscle of any slaughtered animal as well as any attached animal rind, fat, connective tissue, nerve, blood and blood vessels. While pretty poor eating, the code still allows this kind of gristle to be labelled as meat.
The meat in your "meat pie" doesn't have to be beef. Muscle meat from buffalo, camel, cattle, deer, goat, hare, pig, poultry or sheep can be used to manufacture meat pies, and the type of animal doesn't need to be specified on the label.

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Under the current Code, a meat pie must contain a minimum of 25% "meat flesh". Meat flesh includes the skeletal muscle of any slaughtered animal as well as any attached animal rind, fat, connective tissue, nerve, blood and blood vessels. While pretty poor eating, the code still allows this kind of gristle to be labelled as meat.
The meat in your "meat pie" doesn't have to be beef. Muscle meat from buffalo, camel, cattle, deer, goat, hare, pig, poultry or sheep can be used to manufacture meat pies, and the type of animal doesn't need to be specified on the label.
And I worry about the food on street stalls in Thailand. Ant eggs are very underrated BTW if anyone every gets the opportunity to try them. The preparation makes them very spicy but better eating than most mentioned so far.

Did noone hear graham cornes yesterday criticizing the hinkley resigning and then criticizing the China trip where they said they decided to sign him

Was going on about how "port lost millions yet the first thing I want to know is who paid for this junket to China"

Even saying he rang KT to ask but hasn't had his call returned. Wtf would you ask KT who paid for a trip to China 6 months ago? Insipid senile old * how about you read your own ******* paper published stories about how each board member paid their own way and the trip was a roaring success financially now and for the future

True. There's a bakery in Nurioopta that does a good one. Their hot cross buns are pretty good too.

That would be Linkes. They do a pretty good sausage roll and I'm a fan of their pie range as well.
They can't be too bad, a stoner recently got arrested for breaking in - cops found him after the alarms tripped sitting down having a pig out.

Concussion

Helmet
Mar 18, 2013
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenorchy Magpies
Did noone hear graham cornes yesterday criticizing the hinkley resigning and then criticizing the China trip where they said they decided to sign him

Was going on about how "port lost millions yet the first thing I want to know is who paid for this junket to China"

Even saying he rang KT to ask but hasn't had his call returned. Wtf would you ask KT who paid for a trip to China 6 months ago? Insipid senile old **** how about you read your own ******* paper published stories about how each board member paid their own way and the trip was a roaring success financially now and for the future

I think most of us just tune out as this bloke is irrelevant these days.

Valentino

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2014
Beside myself
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
VR46 and SSC Napoli

I tried a Balfours pie once and rang them to tell them they should put a warning on the label to the effect of
"WARNING, this product may contain traces of meat"

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
XBYqcENZAy_v6dh_9kZJ0acVsRv_ZfNmRRxnYVXeJh9aF2hEo0uS781WPiKDbczjSeXlCD0aAPAC1ZNuF31YqV15ziUWd63TqxHFgvqXVtt7k2VfItjGlQPfk8ENMNHri970mPys=w200-h198-nc

Pssst
Hahndorf

Interestingly Hahn translates from German as 'utensil' while dorf is 'village'

So Hahndorf should make great chicken pies.

#amiright #malcom

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Even saying he rang KT to ask but hasn't had his call returned. Wtf would you ask KT who paid for a trip to China 6 months ago? Insipid senile old **** how about you read your own ******* paper published stories about how each board member paid their own way and the trip was a roaring success financially now and for the future

Bitter old campaigner. Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He absolutely would have known they paid their own way. Just a deflection away from the good news story for PAFC. He will be corrected at some stage but don't expect to hear it. Has been his modus operandi for 30+ years, put the bile out there regardless of accuracy and it will be lapped up by the haters.

We'd get panned locally if we secured a mill a year from an AnneWills-piefloater conglomerate.

F@ck it, we're in such a dominant position now in every sense that this pettiness just makes me laugh and reminds of the bitterness and regret these old faffs have to live with on a daily basis. You had one chance, you had one chance guys, you had your foot on our neck but you blew it.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
so today we learnt we develop murderers and have shunned - alienated most the state by turning our back and pissing all over local companies who were knocking down the walls deserate to throw money at the club. im surprised they didnt find a tenuous port adelaide link to the chap who deicided to ease the plane into the mountain
We plummet as one

We'd get panned locally if we secured a mill a year from an AnneWills-piefloater conglomerate.

F@ck it, we're in such a dominant position now in every sense that this pettiness just makes me laugh and reminds of the bitterness and regret these old faffs have to live with on a daily basis. You had one chance, you had your foot on our neck but you blew it guys.
We would get canned if we don't win the grand final by more, because of inaccurate kicking.

Aug 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The thing that annoyed me the most about the narrow-mindedness from the people interviewed on channel 9 last night was firstly the lady who thinks instead of getting a Vic sponsor we could've got 2-3 other minor local sponsors instead, she clearly has no idea how hard it is to attract corporate backing in an 18 team comp.

The other would be the bloke who said 'we should keep jobs in SA' does he realise that sponsorship doesn't mean we're employing the people who work for said company? Channel 9 really struggle to create a story when the best shot at creating a 'serious' piece resembles a Sam Newman-esque street talk.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Where was this sense of outrage when the South Australian corporate world abandoned an SA football icon, the Port Adelaide Football Club, during its time of desperate need several years ago? Where was Balfours, Villi's and the rest of them then? They wouldn't come near us? Where was the outrage that this SA sporting icon could die? Where was the rallying cry to corporate SA to jump on board and put their sponsorship dollars into the ailing PAFC?
Again, South Australia can go * itself.

Last edited:

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
KG is going on and on about this on triple m this morning.. stuff em all.

Last time I checked Camry's aren't made in SA anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back