Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week, more than any other, has reinforced to me what a lot of us already know - the old Port Adelaide is back. The club that doesn't give a * about anyone or anything else so long as it strengthens the club and reinforces the ideals to which it holds dear. And that is to be the best, not just locally, but nationally.

Some people call the new membership ad a 'misstep'. I call it a declaration of war. Not against Adelaide, but for the public consciousness. For too long, we've been conditioned to be almost apologetic for being a Port Adelaide supporter by the media. I remember in 2008, after going to the first home game against Geelong and wearing my Port Adelaide gear proudly, going to the Highway afterward and some random pleb girl asking me if I was ashamed of wearing those colours. Ashamed, for supporting my club when it needed me the most.

Fast forward to 2015, and the same sort of attitude is being displayed. Only this time, the same chains that weighed us down - people reveling in the fact we were no good, enjoying their so called dominion over us in this state - are now attempting to hold us back. "Stick with the local manufacturer!"...who just happens to be a major sponsor of Adelaide and therefore would never dream of increasing its sponsorship spend with us. Or the other local manufacturer...who doesn't have the same national iconic vision as we do and whose myopia prevents them from seeing past the South Australian border.

What they are really saying is "Stick with the status quo of Port Adelaide being the second class corporate citizen to the 'Team for all South Australians'."

What they are really saying is "Don't make us liars and prove that Port Adelaide is not only a viable alternative...but the better alternative."

The old Port Adelaide swagger is back off field. As long as the players remain committed and loyal to the Port Adelaide ethos on field - as encapsulated by the Creed - everything that was old will be new again. All it requires is a premiership this year...a premiership that is well within our reach...and the cycle will be complete.

In Biblical times, the jubilee was a time when all debts were forgiven and slaves and prisoners were freed. Well, 2015 is the silver jubilee of the sin that was 1990, where we were denied our rightful place at the table of the best football league in the country. It is only fitting that this is the year we break free of the shackles of the SANFL and South Australia and stand proud.

I started listening this morning (for my sins) but he an "Kimbo" are trowelling on the horse s**t even more than usual and poor old Rooch sounds heartily sick of it. I think I'll go and defrost the the dunny floor instead.

I gave it 5 minutes and heard their classic set up caller. 'I don't barrack for Port or the crows ...' - at which point you know he's going to shitpot Port - 'but is everyone else sick of David Koch on Sunrise giving every guest a Port guernsey and scarf wah wah wah'.

Gra-gra, Kimbo and Rooch begrudgingly defended Koch saying that if you have the advantage use it, the guy went on to say James Brayshaw doesn't give everyone on the Footy Show a North scarf (not sure how that would go down with current non-North players anyway).

The giveaway was when Rooch or Kimbo asked the guy if he has a problem with Cornes talking up the crows all the time. No apparently that was fine and he didn't really notice it, besides Cornes is a South Australian and the crows etc. But that Koch ... apparently it's different when he as a South Australian promotes a South Australian team. At which point Cornesy couldn't stand by any longer and chimed in with 'But where's he live'

I just find it funny now. Then back to Tex Walker and Dangerfield.

It's no wonder so many big businesses have a small or non-existent footprint in SA resulting in a brain-drain of our talented professionals leaving for other states while we end up with Anne ******* Moran and John Olsen. What an insular shithole.

Yes, there were reasons why Berri left Berri

A 'North Melbourne' supporter complaining that Kochie gives guests on Sunrise Port Adelaide merchandise.

Says James Brayshaw doesn't give guests North Melbourne merchandise on The Footy Show.

Is asked if Graham Cornes being pro-crow annoys him, says 'no, because we are South Australians'.

You hear a fair bit of that sort of confused **** from Mt Gambier residents.

A 'North Melbourne' supporter complaining that Kochie gives guests on Sunrise Port Adelaide merchandise.
Says James Brayshaw doesn't give guests North Melbourne merchandise on The Footy Show.
Is asked if Graham Cornes being pro-crow annoys him, says 'no, because we are South Australians'.
Well Cornes was born 1948 in Melbourne lol

If anyone hasnt seen it. here is 9's story:

Hadn't seen it, just the banner headline with Bryan Dickless saying Port had turned its back on Balfours. I'm a bit disappointed that at least 1 of the people they interviewed on the street I recognised as a Port supporter. Loved the old ladies solution of getting 3 more sponsors.

Sure, 3 sponsors who are prepared to put a total of $500,000 into Port and are based in South Australia will just put their hands in their pockets for Kochie and his glowing smile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave it 5 minutes and heard their classic set up caller. 'I don't barrack for Port or the crows ...' - at which point you know he's going to shitpot Port - 'but is everyone else sick of David Koch on Sunrise giving every guest a Port guernsey and scarf wah wah wah'.

Gra-gra, Kimbo and Rooch begrudgingly defended Koch saying that if you have the advantage use it, the guy went on to say James Brayshaw doesn't give everyone on the Footy Show a North scarf (not sure how that would go down with current non-North players anyway).

The giveaway was when Rooch or Kimbo asked the guy if he has a problem with Cornes talking up the crows all the time. No apparently that was fine and he didn't really notice it, besides Cornes is a South Australian and the crows etc. But that Koch ... apparently it's different when he as a South Australian promotes a South Australian team. At which point Cornesy couldn't stand by any longer and chimed in with 'But where's he live'

I just find it funny now. Then back to Tex Walker and Dangerfield.

See that wasnt my reaction. My first one when he mentioned Brayshaw was that Brayshaw is a second banana - always has been and always will be and not in the same league as both Eddie and Koch - both intellectually and power wise when it comes to the media game and using every opportunity to push his club. I was talking to Tredders at the season launch when on the big screen came up the video of Kochie giving Jamie Oliver a cap and scarf. I turn to Tredders and said he has no shame and takes every opportunity to promote our club. He shook his head and said Nope. Then one of us cant remember who said - Its great isnt it - and we both laughed.

I felt so sorry for the poor fool that I missed the whole he could be a dodgey crowie bullshitting with a north front. If he was, then as KT would say - I Love it!

This week, more than any other, has reinforced to me what a lot of us already know - the old Port Adelaide is back. The club that doesn't give a **** about anyone or anything else so long as it strengthens the club and reinforces the ideals to which it holds dear. And that is to be the best, not just locally, but nationally.

Some people call the new membership ad a 'misstep'. I call it a declaration of war. Not against Adelaide, but for the public consciousness. For too long, we've been conditioned to be almost apologetic for being a Port Adelaide supporter by the media. I remember in 2008, after going to the first home game against Geelong and wearing my Port Adelaide gear proudly, going to the Highway afterward and some random pleb girl asking me if I was ashamed of wearing those colours. Ashamed, for supporting my club when it needed me the most.

Fast forward to 2015, and the same sort of attitude is being displayed. Only this time, the same chains that weighed us down - people reveling in the fact we were no good, enjoying their so called dominion over us in this state - are now attempting to hold us back. "Stick with the local manufacturer!"...who just happens to be a major sponsor of Adelaide and therefore would never dream of increasing its sponsorship spend with us. Or the other local manufacturer...who doesn't have the same national iconic vision as we do and whose myopia prevents them from seeing past the South Australian border.

What they are really saying is "Stick with the status quo of Port Adelaide being the second class corporate citizen to the 'Team for all South Australians'."

What they are really saying is "Don't make us liars and prove that Port Adelaide is not only a viable alternative...but the better alternative."

Spot on mate. It's a carefully timed and deliberate move.

Lets just ignore the fact that SA GREAT companies, Balfours and Villis, told us to basically **** off, so we went to their competitors..!

Such pathetic narrow minded bullshit, is why companies dont invest in this state!
That's the point, they can't control us with poverty if we go over the border.

It's like an abusive boyfriend trying to contain his beautiful misses from seeing friends because he is a possessive, insecure and self absorbed woman basher who is in denial of the fact he offers nothing as a man - clinging dearly onto the last shreds of his influence over her as she leaves him for success, progress and intelligence.

#SA #5AA #malcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back