Anyone has a partner, who is a POWA SUPPORTER??

Remove this Banner Ad

TrainRoo32

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVERPOOOL
How does it affect the relationship? Actually dated a power girl for a while it was sweet until 2013 AFL season.

i couldn't do it. once had a fling with a girl who I really liked until she said she was a powa supporter. If I meet someone and they tell me they are a power supporter as opposed to other teams, I instantly think less of them until i'm proven wrong, which is about 30% of the time.

My wife is even worse than me she is still passionately ant-Port and passionately pro-AFC whereas I am now moderately anti-Port and moderately pro-Crow.

Ports biggest liability is it's supporterbase. How can they not turn you off the club.

My in-laws are bandwagoners, the old man in particular. They went to more games last year than in the previous 7 years ive known them. However like most of their fans they were always there every week.......

Lucky for me the missus has quite an ambivalence towards sport, id much rather that than following in her familys footsteps.

On the list of features I looked for in a partner during my single days, their footy club allegiance would rank somewhere in the 100s. Non-issue.

I personally think it is more important to have a partner who understands your love of the game/club.

Club she supports is irrelevant, but if she was the kind of chick who arranges a wedding on Grand Final day, or makes you go to a Christening instead of watching the Crows play it would not last long.

I personally think it is more important to have a partner who understands your love of the game/club.

Club she supports is irrelevant, but if she was the kind of chick who arranges a wedding on Grand Final day, or makes you go to a Christening instead of watching the Crows play it would not last long.

Amen to that :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been to three of these events on GF day. Everybody now knows to not even think about inviting me to anything during the football season.

Yes and I'm marrying her in 6 weeks. I go to Power games and support the opposition which annoys her. She would never bring up football if the crows lost a showdown though :) I like to think I'm slowly bringing her around she loves the crows boys on twitter and is far more interested in them (outside footy) than the power guys.

Kids won't have a choice!

Yep, wife is a PAP and her family. They're the quietest Port supporters I've ever met, and they are most definitely not bandwagoners. Unlike most of their feral mates they actually preferred AAMI to AO (they live round the corner and could rock up 5 minutes before the game started and sit in the same spot every game in the members).

My wife is even worse than me she is still passionately ant-Port and passionately pro-AFC whereas I am now moderately anti-Port and moderately pro-Crow.

If I meet someone and they tell me they are a power supporter as opposed to other teams, I instantly think less of them until i'm proven wrong

Would hate to see severe.

Ports biggest liability is it's supporterbase. How can they not turn you off the club.

Yet all you have done for the past 3 years is tell us how good they are :rolleyes:

I never dated a Port girl..... Married to someone who has no interest in footy, but understands that i need to watch a lot of it :)

Both my kids are Crows supporters. Especially my oldest (youngest is a girl and doesn't really have an interest, but does have a guernsey). He just wants to be like Dad, which is thankful, because living over here i would fear he'd support the Eagles and i'd have to kick him out of home! :p (he's 6)

But he loves the Crows!!!

My previous girlfriend was a Crows supporter but wasn't very interested in football. She would even get exasperated when I talked about it. My current girlfriend is a Power supporter, but she's from Spain and doesn't follow (or understand) Aussie rules, so it's OK :p

I've had my share of Port-supporting chicks, even went as far as dating a few.

Warning - if you go to their games and Port are losing, she WILL be scouring your facial expressions for any remote hint of happiness. Stay strong, don't blow your cover too early. Wait until the game is beyond doubt, and the fat lady from Ethelton is singing (you won't have to look hard). That's when you can smile and tell her what a fantastic time you had tonight, let's do this again soon!

One of the real advantages of being with a Port chick is that it makes showdowns a whole lot easier to deal with. Win, lose or draw you'll still be annihilating Port that night.

My wife is a Port supporter and it's not even an issue. As Stabby alluded to, it's very low on the list of things to look for in a partner. She loved them even when they were crap so isn't a bandwagoner either. Thankfully, she's passionate without having the incessant need to get stuck into my club which is an unfortunate consequence for many Port supporters who have that kind of love for their team. Most Port supporters are fine, my best mate included so I'm used to being around them anyway haha (he's a BF poster too so might read this so hi buddy!:p). The only Port supporters I have zero time for are the morons who constantly berate us for not being 200 years old or for the circumstances within which we were formed or for not being supporters of a "real club" i.e. pretty much any that refer to us as "plastic" or a "franchise":rolleyes:.

My missus claims to be. But I think that's just to annoy me.
My mum claims to be a port supporter but just a failed an attempt to annoy me. I don't take her seriously as she wouldn't even know their captain or any players as not a fan of footy.

She just does it because the rest of out family like footy & follow the crows.

2nd marriage to someone that was the former sister-in-law to a famous retired Magpie. :eek: We still see that family on a regular basis as we have shared grandkids. I make a point of wearing Crows' gear to annoy them. :D
Luckily my wife doesn't follow footy.

i couldn't do it. once had a fling with a girl who I really liked until she said she was a powa supporter. If I meet someone and they tell me they are a power supporter as opposed to other teams, I instantly think less of them until i'm proven wrong, which is about 30% of the time.
I think that says more about you then port supporters tbh.

Football is a game. And relationships shouldn't be based on a football club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back