GFL Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see there's some other sensible blokes on here. This forum isn't about talking up your own team or rubbishing other clubs, but I can't tolerate these keyboard warriors like footyman who continually make disparaging comments about rival clubs.

Anyway let's get back to the footy chat for which this forum was intended...
But you talk up St Marys with your mate Urgot, and disparage Newcomb in your response to Leo the Lion? Hypocrite.

That's it.. no more talk about money.. we get the picture and keep the Ammos talk to the BFL forum please.
So any more results from today???

Greenvale beat South Barwon.

Joeys??
StMarys lost by 2 goals to Sandhurst
Grovedale??
Colac smashed Ballarat by 80 points

grovedale beat wendouree by 100 plus

grovedale beat wendouree by 100 plus

That's a big win Vampire well done...Colac isn't looking to good with all the injuries in the Addy today?

It'll be good to compare your score with St Josephs who plays them this week.
If someone can let us know that is...they've been quiet on here.

Last edited:
West Saints beat Heidelberg.

Bell Park beat St Albans by 4 points. 66 to 62.

Why? They create an environment and culture where wealthy sponsors want to be involved. The sponsors would get networking anc branding opportunities as well as putting there hard earned cash to something they are passionate about. The GFL this year looks as even as its ever been so i dont see anything wrong with the way its operating, as one team increases there profesionalism the others lift it to allow them to compete. Why should the strong clubs be held back just so the strugglers dont feel left behind.
OK. But I wonder if it will eventually be a case of being the "only gay in the village"? No point smirking as your brother clubs slide into history. And....
Is it just a matter of holding back strong clubs? I guess that, for the sake of the whole competition, the governing bodies have a responsibility to keep things relatively equal. The AFL does this via a range of schemes. Strong clubs will prevail, but "weaker" clubs usually have circumstances of demographics, distance, inherited poor facilities, etc., that will keep them in the lower rung. It is possible to assist them to be as good as they can, but I don't accept the arrogance of some traditionally strong clubs that they just work harder or smarter. Sometimes circumstances give them a natural advantage.
ALL clubs deserve to survive and sometimes their neighbours have to help out. Works elsewhere.

West Saints beat Heidelberg.

Bell Park beat St Albans by 4 points. 66 to 62.

St Josephs beat Lake Wendouree by more than 140 points....Paul Carson is back.
Get your act together boys because Joeys are the real deal.No individuals here,just a highly skilled well drilled team.
If you have lazy forwards with no defensive pressure they will smash you..

Marys were getting flogged by Aberfeldie at half time 9 goals 3 to 6 points.With Mark Blake watching on as waterboy & 4 players out due to playing for the Metro team.

Keep the scores coming through boys..

Last edited:
St Josephs beat Lake Wendouree by more than 140 points....Paul Carson is back.
Get your act together boys because Joeys are the real deal.No individuals here,just a highly skilled well drilled team.
If you have lazy forwards with no defensive pressure they will smash you..

Marys were getting flogged by Aberfeldie at half time 9 goals 3 to 6 points.With Mark Blake watching on as waterboy & 4 players out due to playing for the Metro team.

Keep the scores coming through boys..
St Mary's looked very poor on Saturday. Didn't register their first goal til early in the 3rd quarter and McPhee appeared to come off shortly afterwards with what looked like a hamstring. Aberfeldie looked stronger than previous years (Brock McLean one of the best) but SM would be far from satisfied with their final hit-out.

St Mary's looked very poor on Saturday. Didn't register their first goal til early in the 3rd quarter and McPhee appeared to come off shortly afterwards with what looked like a hamstring. Aberfeldie looked stronger than previous years (Brock McLean one of the best) but SM would be far from satisfied with their final hit-out.

Abers would have had half a dozen out in the interleague game, besides McLean who were some of the better players? Did Luke Blackwell play and how did he look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CrownBets lastest odds...l guess some money has been put up.

Newtown & Chilwell 4.60
St. Joseph's 4.80
Bell Park 5.00
Leopold 5.00
St. Mary's 6.00
Colac 10.00
South Barwon 10.00
Grovedale 16.00
St. Albans 34.00
Geelong West St. Peters 51.00
North Shore 101.00
Lara 151.00

Word from KP is that McPhee barely trains with the group and twinged him hammy/calf on Saturday.

Why do 200 people check this website everyday for comments but don't comment themselves.

Please give us something.
Its because some people on this forum want to bag what others say, so the 200 people you are taking about probably don't want that. Some people on this forum only want to hear their own opinions, and don't like it when everyone else doesn't agree with them. They don't understand the meaning of FORUM.
Just my opinion.

Big money for Grovedale today...backed in from $16 to $7...Vampire???

Newtown & Chilwell 4.60
St. Joseph's 4.80
Bell Park 5.00
Leopold 5.00
St. Mary's 6.00
Grovedale 7.00
Colac 10.00
South Barwon 10.00
St. Albans 34.00
North Shore 101.00
Lara 151.00

Last edited:
How come the indigenous boys aren't named in West side on internet?? Are they only flying in for a handful of games?? The Addys back page spread sounded like they were ready to go for round 1. Anyway my tip for tomorrow is Colac by 6 goals. Colac team looks a bit light on compared to last years team and they have a few injuries. Probably lucky they drew West round 1. Disappointed the game in Colac and no game in Geelong tomorrow in any league. Reckon AFL Barwon are missing the boat not having games

How come the indigenous boys aren't named in West side on internet?? Are they only flying in for a handful of games?? The Addys back page spread sounded like they were ready to go for round 1. Anyway my tip for tomorrow is Colac by 6 goals. Colac team looks a bit light on compared to last years team and they have a few injuries. Probably lucky they drew West round 1. Disappointed the game in Colac and no game in Geelong tomorrow in any league. Reckon AFL Barwon are missing the boat not having games
Probably more a case of alternating the fixture so Colac has the opportunity to take advantage of the CDFL crowd as their season starts the following weekend.

Big money for Grovedale today...backed in from $16 to $7...Vampire???

Newtown & Chilwell 4.60
St. Joseph's 4.80
Bell Park 5.00
Leopold 5.00
St. Mary's 6.00
Grovedale 7.00
Colac 10.00
South Barwon 10.00
St. Albans 34.00
North Shore 101.00
Lara 151.00

Obviously some people are confident, as i said a few weeks ago i think they have covered there losses and added more class plus an extra ruckman so they will be better but most clubs will be. I think St Joeys are the team, surprising colac are those odds only lost 3 good players which i think they can cover

Remove this Banner Ad

Back