BFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravel Dash

Draftee
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Rhys mcnay to Hepburn chasing the $$ will only be a couple rounds in until they realise he is a spud
cat....will hate the mud and turn back to his attempted modelling career 3 games in, addition by subtraction for the Marsh with this.

What are the odds that Horbury would be released no drama's if he wanted to go to City? No need to answer that question, we all know the answer to that.

Old man Sutton thinks he will play the two games against us this year. Good luck to him (sincerely), probably the only good bloke at that joke of a club. They will try to go to the Riddell league at the end of the year again and good riddance to them.

Misheard on the Edwards boys down at Mac's and I apologise for that. Keep an eye on young Jakey Buttegieg this year though, should step up and be a handful if he can keep his head screwed on.

Up the Bloods

Gravel Dash

Draftee
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone in the comp heard of anything from the Sunbury mob. Awfully quiet from that lot up the road.

Last I heard a month ago was Horwood still pushing buttons and Elliot could be trying to undermine him.

footyman

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Interesting some of the news in the Courier this week - Walters likely to have a shoulder operation which is a big loss for East Point. Tuminello could be a good in for Lake Wendouree who have recruited very well.

But the story about the VFL players qualifying for finals is the most interesting. If a player plays more than 10 games of VFL then they are not eligible for finals. Of course North City and Sunbury have blown up as those two are probably impacted the most by it.

I like the rule, the competition shouldn't be compromised at finals time. If a player has been good enough to play 2/3 of the season in the VFL then they shouldn't be coming back to play local finals. Those clubs can bleed all the want about it not being fair, but sticking your players on the bench for half a 2s game to qualify for local finals isn't really in the spirit of fair competition either.

BLACKHALL

Debutant
Jan 17, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any word on teams at the bottom of ladder last year as far as recruiting or chances of moving up off the bottom, Sebastopoll, Melton Sth, Melton and even Baccus

Gemini17

Debutant
Oct 9, 2006
Melton
AFL Club
Essendon
Any word on teams at the bottom of ladder last year as far as recruiting or chances of moving up off the bottom, Sebastopoll, Melton Sth, Melton and even Baccus

Melton South confirmed Chris Tarrant playing 1st game vs Melton on April 18 at Melton Recreation Reserve.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why don't Melton South play some Sat twilight or night games. Surely it would bring the crowds in. Back in the day I remember they had good lights as had a night comp for $$ in the pre season.

hank2

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2009
in a house
AFL Club
Richmond
North City had a good hitout against the Northern Blues development side yesterday.
Can you give us a little more than that? Result, eye-catching players...?

As we are nearing round 1, anyone want to kick us off with some tips?
I'll go with:
Ballarat vs LAKE W. by 20
DARLEY vs Sunbury by 50
REDAN vs East Point by 40
Sebastopol vs MARSH by 70
Melton South vs MELTON BY 60

ravenxau

Debutant
Jun 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs - Ballarat Swans
I was at the Redan v East-Point game......EP actually looked quite good, they may be a chance to play finals this season if they can reproduce that effort on a regular basis

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Good to see Wendouree up and about with a win over a strong Redan side.
North City, solid winners this arvo.
Anyone have info on any of the other matches?

Gemini17

Debutant
Oct 9, 2006
Melton
AFL Club
Essendon
Matthew 'Zippy' Collins set to break Melton South Football Club games record tomorrow against Sebastopol, playing game number 371.

South are pulling out some big guns with Mathew Sutton, David Antonowicz and Adam Leggett pulling on the boots. Looks a bit like a Super Rules side!

Zippy's list of achievements include:
33 Senior Games
2 George King Medals
2 Jim Gull Medals
3 Club Reserve B&F's

Well done mate and best of luck.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Good game out down at Darley yesterday,
Lyons is a gun and was v good for the home side & Micallef probably the difference between the sides.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gday all, what's happened to the league web site as it still has the round 4 teams on the main page. Actually like the idea of posting clubs sides on the web site but it needs to be updated or removed.

What else is happening in the BFL boys??

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Gday all, what's happened to the league web site as it still has the round 4 teams on the main page. Actually like the idea of posting clubs sides on the web site but it needs to be updated or removed.

What else is happening in the BFL boys??
Not sure what's gone on there but when I had a look a moment ago it had the appropriate rounds sides displayed, it's generally updated on a thursday night (for future reference).

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure what's gone on there but when I had a look a moment ago it had the appropriate rounds sides displayed, it's generally updated on a thursday night (for future reference).

Gday BlueJet, I just checked at it still has the rd4 sides displayed on the main page when you go to the web site...

edflinsider

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Good game out down at Darley yesterday,
Lyons is a gun and was v good for the home side & Micallef probably the difference between the sides.

G'day Bluejet, agree Lyons is a jet was shattered he left after being so good with us last year..

Obi fella

Cancelled
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
image.jpg

Bflfollower22

Draftee
Jul 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
North city looking the goods at this stage, with the amount darley are spending a year you'd think they'd be more of a threat.. Can't write off redan though. Lakers lack experience

merrigan

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Redan
North city looking the goods at this stage, with the amount darley are spending a year you'd think they'd be more of a threat.. Can't write off redan though. Lakers lack experience

If Darley were being drip fed by a vfl club they might not have to spend so much I guess. Not many country clubs have that luxury though do they? No. Just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back