2015 Pre-Season (All news, press conferences, training reports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night's Round Table was probably a fair assessment, with one caveat: if, if one of the KPF's has a breakout year, unlikely as a JB only comes along once in a blue moon, then we might improve significantly.

Gotta confess that after the last time we had good form in the NAB cup, round 1 is making me nervous.

Theres no reason that we shouldn't improve this year, like many others have said bottom 4 will be a deep disappointment... just outside the 8 is sort of where I think we'll land. The thing that even great recruitment like ours can't change quickly is mindset. And that is something that can almost be a self fulfilling prophecy.

We're still a very young team... and our season will depend greatly on the "vibe" of the team I think. If we get off to a good start and string together some wins then we're in for a pretty reasonable season. Lose some of the "winnable" early games and suddenly its easier for the whole team to lose it's mojo for longer periods.

Leppas challenge really, along with Rocky and the leadership group, combined with the experience of D.Beams and probably Christensen is to level out the group. Reduce the euphoria of unexpected wins and taper the misery of unexpected losses.

As a whole it seems our skills are improving, our fitness and game plan with it. Just have a feeling our success and ladder position this year seems more up to our headspace and mental maturity than any other aspect.

Gotta confess that after the last time we had good form in the NAB cup, round 1 is making me nervous.

Theres no reason that we shouldn't improve this year, like many others have said bottom 4 will be a deep disappointment... just outside the 8 is sort of where I think we'll land. The thing that even great recruitment like ours can't change quickly is mindset. And that is something that can almost be a self fulfilling prophecy.

We're still a very young team... and our season will depend greatly on the "vibe" of the team I think. If we get off to a good start and string together some wins then we're in for a pretty reasonable season. Lose some of the "winnable" early games and suddenly its easier for the whole team to lose it's mojo for longer periods.

Leppas challenge really, along with Rocky and the leadership group, combined with the experience of D.Beams and probably Christensen is to level out the group. Reduce the euphoria of unexpected wins and taper the misery of unexpected losses.

As a whole it seems our skills are improving, our fitness and game plan with it. Just have a feeling our success and ladder position this year seems more up to our headspace and mental maturity than any other aspect.

Quality post mate.

On the plus side, we just played in a downpour while the Pies played indoors.

But I agree with TheBrownDog - it would really suck if we missed out on a big crowd because of the weather, the one time we get a marquee season opener.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#RoofTheGabba
scott-1.gif

The way the Gabba drains a little drizzle will make SFA difference.

Bugger, now you've got me started. 2 Frees last week for contact below the knees; one for,one against the Lions both involving Rischitelli IIRC.
Without bias, the first, against Bewick, should have been paid the other way for kicking in danger. Yes he dived at the ball, but was on the ground, at the ball before Rischitelli (or whichever Suns player) came in and kicked it. ie The Suns made contact with Bewick which was avoidable, not the other way 'round.
The second was when Aish was already swinging his right leg back to kick, Rischitelli crashes into his left. (correct decision).

I'm afraid that as our team develops, the umpiring will not. I think it is what it is (rightly or wrongly, I acknowledge it's a tough gig) and the frustration will continue ad infinitum. We can only hope it becomes more balanced during critical parts of the game, instead of giving us cheapies to square up when it's too late.

Bugger, now you've got me started. 2 Frees last week for contact below the knees; one for,one against the Lions both involving Rischitelli IIRC.
Without bias, the first, against Bewick, should have been paid the other way for kicking in danger. Yes he dived at the ball, but was on the ground, at the ball before Rischitelli (or whichever Suns player) came in and kicked it. ie The Suns made contact with Bewick which was avoidable, not the other way 'round.
The second was when Aish was already swinging his right leg back to kick, Rischitelli crashes into his left. (correct decision).

I'm afraid that as our team develops, the umpiring will not. I think it is what it is (rightly or wrongly, I acknowledge it's a tough gig) and the frustration will continue ad infinitum. We can only hope it becomes more balanced during critical parts of the game, instead of giving us cheapies to square up when it's too late.

What about the 50m penalty to Gorringe for nothing? Without the 50 he probably would've missed and we would've won the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back