2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill - did some exciting things, some good marks, and kicked some good goals. 8/10

This the tragedy of Hill - we all know he has good skills and he's capable of doing impressive things on the park. The only trouble he does that in about one game out of six. A deeply frustrating player to have in your side.

I'm happy for Lucas to rack up the numbers in the WAFL all season, as long as he's not playing for West Coast.

This the tragedy of Hill - we all know he has good skills and he's capable of doing impressive things on the park. The only trouble he does that in about one game out of six. A deeply frustrating player to have in your side.

That's true. He was good today though. One mark and goal was pretty incredible, and he put in effort all day.

So guessing by the stats, Fmac played purely as a ruck? Any of our players used as a KPP?
Played mainly up forward until mid 3rd when Johnson went off.

Brophy is not a league player, gave up 4.1 in the last simply due to bad positioning.

Duggan outstanding, easily BOG. Dawsons post game speech and praise of him was very similar to what Micale said to Judd in 2003. Not saying he will be as good as Judd but he is already too good for WAFL. Always has time no matter how tight the situation.

Dawsons post game speech and praise of him was very similar to what Micale said to Judd in 2003. Not saying he will be as good as Judd but he is already too good for WAFL. Always has time no matter how tight the situation.
I'm torn between wanting him to be the sub now or to build up match fitness in the WAFL and debut later. Exciting to hear.

Very early stages, but our 2014 draft is very promising.

I'm happy for Lucas to rack up the numbers in the WAFL all season, as long as he's not playing for West Coast.
Yeah he just lacks hurt factor with his kicking and pace for an outside player. Rosa does too tbh, but Lucas moreso.

Anyway as it is I don't see why anyone needs to be upgraded, let's wait until someone is really demanding it.

Brown offers so much more than EMac right now . eMac better watch out ! Typical backwards logic from you .

Err.. what? I think you're trying to be facetious, but you're doing such a poor job at it i don't even know.

Lucas, right now offers more to the team than Newman, Powell and Maggines does. I can say that slower if you like?

Lucas........ right now..... offers..... more

And it's a bit rich to be shitting on his kicking when you've been such a fangirl in the Priddis thread all these years. Obviously kicking is only important for Kane, not Matt. Thanks for clearing that up.
Kane is a soft player who plays on the outside of contests . His kicking should be much better than it is for that position . You not seeing the difference between the roles that priddis and Lucas play doesn't surprise me and makes you look like a fool to expect the same

Err.. what? I think you're trying to be facetious, but you're doing such a poor job at it i don't even know.

Lucas, right now offers more to the team than Newman, Powell and Maggines does. I can say that slower if you like?

He doesn't though.

Getting better stats doesn't mean he offers more to the team. Surely someone who bags Priddis every waking moment would know this.

Kane is a soft player who plays on the outside of contests . His kicking should be much better than it is for that position . You not seeing the difference between the roles that priddis and Lucas play doesn't surprise me and makes you look like a fool to expect the same

Okay let me just stop you there a second, if we're pointing out stupid and everything...

So because Matt plays on the inside, he has a free pass for his kicking? The times last year where he got the ball in acres of space and either butchered it completely or wasted it ineffectively have escaped you? If you honestly think i'm only referring to Priddis's favourite blind snap kick clearance, and not the other 10 kicks he has a game not in a contested situation, i think you need a lie down.

The only thing Lucas offers more than our other rookies is a clean bill of health and experience !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played mainly up forward until mid 3rd when Johnson went off.

Brophy is not a league player, gave up 4.1 in the last simply due to bad positioning.

Duggan outstanding, easily BOG. Dawsons post game speech and praise of him was very similar to what Micale said to Judd in 2003. Not saying he will be as good as Judd but he is already too good for WAFL. Always has time no matter how tight the situation.

Great to hear about Duggan thought he started to get a feel for league footy in the last quarter last week .Would love to see him debut against WB ..
I think the more exposure at league level for Brophy is great way to fast track him and occasionally he may be taken to town .Last week I thought he was ok and held his own .

Okay let me just stop you there a second, if we're pointing out stupid and everything...

So because Matt plays on the inside, he has a free pass for his kicking? The times last year where he got the ball in acres of space and either butchered it completely or wasted it ineffectively have escaped you? If you honestly think i'm only referring to Priddis's favourite blind snap kick clearance, and not the other 10 kicks he has a game not in a contested situation, i think you need a lie down.
This is not the priddis thread so I will focus on Lucas .
What apart from being soft and s**t disposal does Lucas offer to our team ?

He doesn't though.

Getting better stats doesn't mean he offers more to the team. Surely someone who bags Priddis every waking moment would know this.

OMFG how does he not?

Newman - Been in prison, played next to no football in 18 months, flashed in and out of both WAFL games
Powell - Dominated WAFL reserves, yet to play a single WAFL league game.
Magginnes - Injured throughout the pre season, yet to play in 2015
Lucas - Several years in the AFL system, not injured, best for EP last week and solid again this week.

Which one of the 4 would offer the most if they were in the round 1 side vs the bulldogs?

This is not the priddis thread so I will focus on Lucas .
What apart from being soft and s**t disposal does Lucas offer to our team ?

Pace, experience, outside run, fitness, ability to find the football? The only one of our rookies who even looks close to having an impact at AFL level.

Sub him for round 1, his disposal won't be an issue in the limited amount of game time he'd get.

Powell trouncing him in the WAFL reserves, Newman injured yet again, Maginnes also injured and is yet to play in 2015

You're right, much better output from those player compared to Lucas's BOG last week and solid game again today.

Output? Quantitively he does fine, the quality of what they do isn't all that flash.

In the end some players have more talent than others. Lucas and Colledge for that matter need not 25-30 disposals a game at this level but 30-40. Because they simply don't hurt you enough.

They don't stop moving and are always making themselves available, but in terms of opening up the play, kicking clutch goals, taking big marks and busting packs. They leave a lot to be desired.

Newman was playing better than everyone bar Duggan early in the match. His injury is a set back for the Eagles, while the form of Lucas is no boon.

Powell shouldn't have been playing ressies, but fate has its way. A similar thing happened to McGovern when Sinclair was mistakenly elevated above him back in 2013. There is a class differential between the likes of Powell and Lucas, one that will be fully realised in time.

Apples and oranges anyway, Lucas is what he is. There isn't anything to really talk about, he's playing to his expected output and it's consistent with his form elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Pace, experience, outside run, fitness, ability to find the football? The only one of our rookies who even looks close to having an impact at AFL level.

Sub him for round 1, his disposal won't be an issue in the limited amount of game time he'd get.

So he's best 22?

OMFG how does he not?

Newman - Been in prison, played next to no football in 18 months, flashed in and out of both WAFL games
Powell - Dominated WAFL reserves, yet to play a single WAFL league game.
Magginnes - Injured throughout the pre season, yet to play in 2015
Lucas - Several years in the AFL system, not injured, best for EP last week and solid again this week.

Which one of the 4 would offer the most if they were in the round 1 side vs the bulldogs?

Newman and probably Powell.

We know what Lucas can do. Run all day, avoid contests and miss targets...we don't need that in our side.

We lack smalls up front and Newman has traits we seriously lack in the forward 50 and has already demonstrated that in his 2 WAFL games this year.

Powell could essentially allow McGovern to go forward. Could see him playing a similar role to an Andrew Mackie as a 3rd/4th all that can kick goals.

To the team as a whole i feel these 2 players would offer a hell of a lot more than Lucas.

So he's best 22?

Probably not. Wouldn't mind giving him a crack as the sub, but that's it. I just think he's clearly the best prepared of our rookies right now, and playing reasonable football in the WAFL. Certainly nothing to scoff at. If there was an obvious candidate for promotion, it's him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back