List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They weren't forced to trade him...

No just tried to make good out of bad. Thought Boyd would go , they wanted Griffen etc... , get a pick... hey we maybe able to use that in another trade....

I wonder if some in SA will be wondering if they should have traded Danger last year. Would we have traded for him I wonder? Instead of swapping our R1 picks , what if they had both and we had Danger. If they go really well , they may look back and say 14 was OK.

To me its just being proactive , a bit like we were with Varcoe , as he was 12 months from FA. If player want to rule the roost , the cannot complain when clubs start to get aggressive as well.

They weren't forced to trade him...
I didn't say they were.

I've heard clubs suggest that drafted players (1 st round) should be locked into at least 3 year contracts.
Lets say you're 18, you're from WA and GWS draft you.
A year later they flick you to Vic.

It's not right.
Change uni etc. A 19 year old GF maybe that you're forcing to move twice.

If Boyd could not have been approached, he wouldn't have moved.

The model is not stable.

They got Griffin and a pick for him so I think when they took the offer he got into account maybe they thought it better to deal than wait till he was uncontracted

Plus Bulldogs paying $1 million dollars of his wage in total of which around 600k of it is payed next year.

dazbroncos , just went had a look at your favourite thread over in Crowland. This whole match the offer thing is really stuck in some of their psyche. Even some saying stuff like Danger wouldn't do the dirty on the club and go into the PSD. I wonder if these are the same people who would say there should be no compo at all?

If Crows did match , I doubt they will be getting a huge lift in the comp pick. Why would go from planning to give nothing to trading multiple players to get him. Personally Id think the club would have to tell Danger that they were being too difficult to deal with and if we have to trade that much to get him it would affect how much we can pay. Id say that would make Danger play a harder game as well. Sign for two years in Adelaide ( and who knows what the comp will be like then ) or drop into the PSD with a huge amount on his head.

Personally , if Crows have a poor year , there is little chance of them matching. Bottom 6 for instance. The higher they finish the less value they would see in taking the comp. Not saying they don't take it but P16 would seem feather light to anyone at Adelaide.

My other half just informed me that Dangerfield spoke on 5AA today, they asked him and his response was along the lines that he genuinely hasn't made a decision, that he is a bit annoyed at all the speculation about it all.

I said to her.... Gaz said the exact same things....

Didn't go down well

My other half just informed me that Dangerfield spoke on 5AA today, they asked him and his response was along the lines that he genuinely hasn't made a decision, that he is a bit annoyed at all the speculation about it all.

Didn't go down well
Your bottom half can talk back? That explains why you sometimes talk out of your arse. ;);)

Your bottom half can talk back? That explains why you sometimes talk out of your arse. ;);)
I am a man of many talents

and you just make sure you are saving some cash in case The rabbi and I are getting taken for a night out

I am a man of many talents

and you just make sure you are saving some cash in case The rabbi and I are getting taken for a night out
I'm safe. If the impossible eventuates, I'll get you to pick me up on the way to the pub... you're the designated driver.;)

I'm safe. If the impossible eventuates, I'll get you to pick me up on the way to the pub... you're the designated driver.;)
I'll get a designated driver don't you worry about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll get a designated driver don't you worry about that
I was referring to you driving me mad all night asking for another beer.

Didn't go down well

That may have been a replay , pretty sure they went into meltdown over that interview midweek

Didn't go down well
Here's the aforementioned interview

Didn't go down well

What is her opinion on matching Willo ? Let him go or play hardball.

I was referring to you driving me mad all night asking for another beer.
I'm not going to ask

I'm simply going to ring a small bell and expect one appears

What is her opinion on matching Willo ? Let him go or play hardball.
I just asked.... and she doesn't want to talk about it

Long story short Danger is her favourite player so she doesn't want to consider him going

I just asked.... and she doesn't want to talk about it

Long story short Danger is her favourite player so she doesn't want to consider him going

What was her vibe when we were going thru the Ablett thing? I can sympathize but hardly should be news they have been talking about it since his last contract

Last edited:
Turbocat. See what I mean about them!
They are I the almost cult like mindset that we will pay whatever they want to get PD. They are almost oblivious to the fact as a FA he cost us nothing other than SC. That makes it worth it.

Start forcing picks and players and salary cap and it changes the position for us. They don't get that.

I understand they want value but they refuse to understand that the system is not built around it. And it's been going that way since GAJ.

And the reality is that in a trade situation they can get 4 #1 picks offered but if the player doesn't want to go it don't matter.

It almost seems like that would rather match offer to force a trade and then keep him, all pissed off, than take the FA comp and move on. o_O

Go Catters

They need to wake up and realise they are a feeder club. It's just who they are...
(I'm half serious)

They need to wake up and realise they are a feeder club. It's just who they are...
(I'm half serious)
At the moment they are. A good mate of mine who is a massive Adelaide fan was extremely frustrated that they took Lever over Durdin. He's had a gut full of players pissing off and reckons that it would be better to take a slightly less talented SA player than a Vic/interstater. In his opinion though, regardless of where Durdin and Lever came from, he preferred Durdin anyway. He's also of the opinion that Danger is gone, but is still hopeful that he does a "Boaky" and stays.

SA is such a richly talented football state, along with WA and has punched above its weight against the Vics for many, many years. It's why Adelaide fans get so frustrated, the Crows should be a powerhouse of the comp and in their eyes, EVERY talented SA free agent should be banging the door down wanting to get back home to play for them. Time and again they miss out on luring players, while Port land big fish and keep their interstate players, too.

If Danger leaves and Aish goes to Port... Richmond fans will appear tame in comparison to the reaction that of Adelaide's supporters. In a perverse kind of way, I'd love to see that happen.:D

At the moment they are. A good mate of mine who is a massive Adelaide fan was extremely frustrated that they took Lever over Durdin. He's had a gut full of players pissing off and reckons that it would be better to take a slightly less talented SA player than a Vic/interstater. In his opinion though, regardless of where Durdin and Lever came from, he preferred Durdin anyway. He's also of the opinion that Danger is gone, but is still hopeful that he does a "Boaky" and stays.

SA is such a richly talented football state, along with WA and has punched above its weight against the Vics for many, many years. It's why Adelaide fans get so frustrated, the Crows should be a powerhouse of the comp and in their eyes, EVERY talented SA free agent should be banging the door down wanting to get back home to play for them. Time and again they miss out on luring players, while Port land big fish and keep their interstate players, too.

If Danger leaves and Aish goes to Port... Richmond fans will appear tame in comparison to the reaction that of Adelaide's supporters. In a perverse kind of way, I'd love to see that happen.:D

I do wonder if the preoccupation with bast available gos to almost silly length. Laver and Durdin is a good example. Ironically Danger was taken under similar circumstances wasn't he.
Does the Aish family have an attachment to the Crows...or it a defacto link thru the SANFL club played for?

True but Mots ain't a free agent so we would get something good for him as well as Danger.
Far rather keep Mots and use the money we would spend on Dangerfield in other ways - most notably development.

If the Crows improve this year as I expect they will I wouldn't discount Dangerfield staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back