Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIth no Vandenberg, Newton is looking a safe bet.
Just for the excersise, what do you think Newtons JS and score range might be? Is he actually ready for AFL in and under?
THankyou Gys!
Newton's JS is high, but Vandenberg is likely to be promoted this week with Petracca being placed on the LTI yesterday. LTI replacement rookies can be elevated at any point during the season (so rookie deadlines don't matter).

He got 141 against a bunch of VFL players in Essendon jumpers. I suspect this is why he's become flavoursome.

That is the 'one NAB game' I was referring to

No... he became "flavoursome" by scoring 109, 110, and 141 over the pre-season. 1 score isn't enough to warrant a selection. 3 scores, being in Melbourne's leadership group, and playing further up the ground IS enough to warrant it.

Scabs... Staples...
Why the desperate need to label posters?

Stupid is Stupid... post count plays no part.
Post count is irrelevant. Quality is.

Im not going to get baited into an argument here but I will say...I'll back ANYONE here who contributes in banter and gives great advice over the drive by once a year, validate my team, see you next year type poster, everyday of the week.

Those types of posters are scabs. Fact. No labels.

What are your thoughts on the teams posted before yours? All opinions are valid :)

Vandenberg won't be playing.
I guess the only thing I've considered as being outside of what I've read so far from other people's writing is Patty Ryder as the FWD/RUCK option - I'm wondering why this hasn't been used much before as it would seem to offer good value and bring depth to the ruck that could be useful should there be injuries or byes. I don't know whether the player has to line up as a ruckman to see SC points awarded so I'm guessing should that be the case there might be less value in having him in there.

Aside from that, it seems like the best way to proceed is a 'super premo + punting on the rookies to use as cashcows' tactic (with no midpricers) as the way to go - am I far off the mark?

Finito (pending rookies)

SUPERCOACH_FINAL_TEAM.png

Post count is irrelevant. Quality is.

Im not going to get baited into an argument here but I will say...I'll back ANYONE here who contributes in banter and gives great advice over the drive by once a year, validate my team, see you next year type poster, everyday of the week.

Those types of posters are scabs. Fact. No labels.
Absobloodylutely.

I'm new so haven't had a comment history to speak of, sorry guys! I am just getting into Supercoach and looking for feedback on my team.

View attachment 119485

At worst your d4 should be goodes as a minimum.
to be fair he should be d5.
look for some mids you think will breakout priced in the 500-590k region and trade rocky or Pendles down to them

I guess the only thing I've considered as being outside of what I've read so far from other people's writing is Patty Ryder as the FWD/RUCK option - I'm wondering why this hasn't been used much before as it would seem to offer good value and bring depth to the ruck that could be useful should there be injuries or byes. I don't know whether the player has to line up as a ruckman to see SC points awarded so I'm guessing should that be the case there might be less value in having him in there.

Aside from that, it seems like the best way to proceed is a 'super premo + punting on the rookies to use as cashcows' tactic (with no midpricers) as the way to go - am I far off the mark?

The concept of having Ruck/fwd cover has had many posts in the ruck thread on it.
Ryder lycett tbc
ryder having not played a game with lobbe and priced so high is biggest risk of the 3
tbc having a history of spud scores, no preseason games but priced at 300k is somewhat better than Ryder as an option
lycett has been waiting for 55 years for grandpa cox to retire
Has good stats from 2014 in games where WC only played 2 rucks.
Questions
1) why do you want r/f cover
2) which of the 3 above do you like
3) at their price do you see them scoring as well as an equivalent or with 7 points av.
eg ryder v bartel/buddy/goddard
eg lycett v Bontempelli

Getting really settled on this. Few risks ascosiated with some of the 'premo' rookies, like Cam McCarthy, Newton, Vanders, Sheed, Cripps etc.
Backline conundrum finally got to me and I went all out for the best expecting them to drop a little bit. Really worried Simpson may get dropped at end of year ONLY to blood the young guys when they are out of finals contention.
Ruck set up? Yeah, I know. Ballsy and dumb in equal measures. But thats just me! :drunk:
If anyone has any thoughts on the individual players, previous injuries, poor preseasons etc please alert me.
Thankyou in advance for your time.
upload_2015-3-29_7-50-36.png
Rookies subject to team sheets.:straining:

View attachment 119531
Rookies subject to team sheets.:straining:
There is no valid reason to have $620k on your ruck bench. If one of your rucks gets injured, use a trade instead. We get 30 trades, and each year we all use some of them to replace injured players. That is what they are for.

$620k is equivalent to 115 points per game. If you had this value onfield, your team would score many more points each week instead.

The concept of having Ruck/fwd cover has had many posts in the ruck thread on it.
Ryder lycett tbc
ryder having not played a game with lobbe and priced so high is biggest risk of the 3
tbc having a history of spud scores, no preseason games but priced at 300k is somewhat better than Ryder as an option
lycett has been waiting for 55 years for grandpa cox to retire
Has good stats from 2014 in games where WC only played 2 rucks.
Questions
1) why do you want r/f cover
2) which of the 3 above do you like
3) at their price do you see them scoring as well as an equivalent or with 7 points av.
eg ryder v bartel/buddy/goddard
eg lycett v Bontempelli
Nailed it.

Also asada issue. I fully expect essendon players from 2012 to not play

There is no valid reason to have $620k on your ruck bench. If one of your rucks gets injured, use a trade instead. We get 30 trades, and each year we all use some of them to replace injured players. That is what they are for.

$620k is equivalent to 115 points per game. If you had this value onfield, your team would score many more points each week instead.
This has been gone over time and time again with this poster.... let him go for it

There are heaps of great cashcow options in the forwards so this strategy makes sense IMO. My team takes it one step further in fact.

Things could change when the teams are named, but at this stage it looks like the most money is going to be made in the forward line from Clark, Hogan, Salem, Lonie, Lambert, Karnezis, Daniel, etc.

So yeah I like your team but I hope your rucks fail miserably - along with everyone else's :p
You won't get much scoring power out of any of those, Salem I expect to average 80 and Clark low 70s but the most you can expect out of any of the rest is consistent 20s or 30s

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won't get much scoring power out of any of those, Salem I expect to average 80 and Clark low 70s but the most you can expect out of any of the rest is consistent 20s or 30s

o_O

20 and 30s are vest material. Unless you expect them all to get the vest all year then i think that's very low. Would at least be 50 - 60 avg. The thing is though it doesn't matter what they average over the year. It matters when you cash them in

Comments?

My specific question is should I downgrade 1 of my backs to, say, Higgins so I have enough cash to take Gabblett.....
Or is Pendles, Rocky and Fyfe better with a more solid backline? A changing of the SC guard so to speak?

Sorry in advance for the massive screen shots for pc users.

uploadfromtaptalk1427578510785.png
uploadfromtaptalk1427578393773.png

I'd also take Adcock over Lumumba.

I may be biased as a Pies supporter but I am really surprised by the love for H. It was one NAB game. He has a long history behind him of being largely fantasy irrelevant. He has moved to a club that will lose more games and provide him with fewer quality allies to get the ball to him.

In that price range, I had Adcock for a while but I've settled on Bob Murphy. Expect the Dogs to win more games and lose by smaller margins, hope he relishes the responsibility of captaincy and takes it up a notch. I think he's the kind of guy who could do that.

My team is a Top Secret (well okay Murphy is in it, I'll also reveal Swan, Hogan and Clark ;) but it's good to see what others are thinking.

Is it okay to comment on others' teams without posting my own?

reckon the d's will finish higher than the pies this year.
one club on the rise.
one club 12months out from sacking buckley and pleading with mick for return......

Comments?

My specific question is should I downgrade 1 of my backs to, say, Higgins so I have enough cash to take Gabblett.....
Or is Pendles, Rocky and Fyfe better with a more solid backline? A changing of the SC guard so to speak?

Sorry in advance for the massive screen shots for pc users.

View attachment 119534
View attachment 119533
How much cash do you have left over? I would downgrade rocky to beams and depending on how much cash that leaves you with you then have the option of trading Fyfe, pendles or beams to Ablett if he performs at the level he has in recent years.

I think beams and rocky with score similar.

I like your back line structure as it is

How much cash do you have left over? I would downgrade rocky to beams and depending on how much cash that leaves you with you then have the option of trading Fyfe, pendles or beams to Ablett if he performs at the level he has in recent years.

I think beams and rocky with score similar.

I like your back line structure as it is
Thanks for your advice. Trying to have s serious crack at an elite placing this year.

Last year I had a good start, but needed a couple fixer-upper trades which left me short at seasons end. Dropped out of the top 10k down to 24k in the last few rounds instead of climbing.

Really want to nail it this year.

.... ok if I go Rocky to Beams, I can only upgrade Fyfe or Pendles to GAJ. Hardly seems worth it at the moment, but if he smashes out 2 consecutive 180 score and price will rise to unreachable I can grab him....

100k left over with a decent amount of cash generation ability.

Cool man, thankyou for the input. Its a real conundrum. I burn trades like an arsonist burns forrests. The problem is, I don't want to burn a trade everytime I get an injury that will/may last for a month or even slightly less. Scoring a zero in the rucks is losing 115 points. I'm not sold on Lycett being forward and being a swap for a downed Ruck, also Zac Clarke has Sandi eating into his point.
Also I have no capt loophole early. Injuries and suspensions cover that in round two! :cool::p:D
Like most, I run out of trades relatively quickly. Having another cash cow (and they are good value this year, and rather plentiful. The difference between a premium in the forwards/mids vs rookie may only be 60 points, which, granted can be significant.) But with this set up I am hopeful that growth will compensate in the back half of the season.
The ruck problem is really my main concern. Downgrading Jacobs to a rookie = only one upgrade to a premium, no cover for rucks and burning a trade that COULD be used on a rookie to gimme 200K.
Oh the humanity!!!!! :cry:

Cool man, thankyou for the input. Its a real conundrum. I burn trades like an arsonist burns forrests. The problem is, I don't want to burn a trade everytime I get an injury that will/may last for a month or even slightly less. Scoring a zero in the rucks is losing 115 points. I'm not sold on Lycett being forward and being a swap for a downed Ruck, also Zac Clarke has Sandi eating into his point.
Also I have no capt loophole early. Injuries and suspensions cover that in round two! :cool::p:D
Like most, I run out of trades relatively quickly. Having another cash cow (and they are good value this year, and rather plentiful. The difference between a premium in the forwards/mids vs rookie may only be 60 points, which, granted can be significant.) But with this set up I am hopeful that growth will compensate in the back half of the season.
The ruck problem is really my main concern. Downgrading Jacobs to a rookie = only one upgrade to a premium, no cover for rucks and burning a trade that COULD be used on a rookie to gimme 200K.
Oh the humanity!!!!! :cry:

I think you said it yourself. Downgrading Jacobs COULD burn a trade or potentially make you 200K best case scenario.
However..
Downgrading him now WILL DEFINITELY give you the 500K+ right now.

I can see logic in maybe having a low priced ruck backup, but not that much cash. Each to their own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back