What would it take to make you walk away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't think of anything other than the club folding, but then I'd be walking away from the AFL rather than the club (or firebombing AFL house and spending the next ten years in jail).

It's my tribe, and my demon heart pumps red and blue blood all around my body. You can't walk away from that no matter what the world throws at you.
Dees folding would kill me. Despite being absolute shithouse the club is such a huge part of my life. So much so that one of the many things that keeps me around is just imagining how good life will be when we're doing well.

On a somewhat related note, very excited to watch the Aussies to play in a Melbourne WC final tomorrow (been waiting for this situation since I was a kid), but would give it all up to see the Dees play even an elimination final again haha.

If we get absolutely pantsed on Saturday I think I'd walk away for a while. Already feeling down after Friday, usually I'm pumped by now.

After the Bomber's saga today, if Trengove is put under the spotlight for his AOD 9604 use through a foot cream, I believe I would walk away from the game. I don't seriously believe this will happen, but anything is possible at the moment.

If he was found guilty and banned? Then oh dear....Remember AOD 9604 was and still is a banned substance under the WADA code.

Wouldn't his ban be backdated to his last game. And if he was banned his ban would last no longer than two years? So he would be free to play as soon as he's healthy

Yep, hopefully everything else down at the club is kosher.

After the Bomber's saga today, if Trengove is put under the spotlight for his AOD 9604 use through a foot cream, I believe I would walk away from the game. I don't seriously believe this will happen, but anything is possible at the moment.

If he was found guilty and banned? Then oh dear....Remember AOD 9604 was and still is a banned substance under the WADA code.

I thought AOD wasn't an issue anymore. Watson admitted using it specifically and no Bombers were charged with it it was all TB4. Actually I think we were 'officially cleared' at some point but not 100% on that. I'm pretty disillusioned with the game right now but not really with the Dees...yet haha. Bring on Saturday.

I thought AOD wasn't an issue anymore. Watson admitted using it specifically and no Bombers were charged with it it was all TB4. Actually I think we were 'officially cleared' at some point but not 100% on that. I'm pretty disillusioned with the game right now but not really with the Dees...yet haha. Bring on Saturday.
I hope so Max. It's all he said/she said with Australian sport at the moment.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-21/aod9604-never-permitted

Want a clean game. It's hard enough being at the bottom with power club's pushing the boundaries.
Will add, I don't believe Trenner's or the MFC were trying/using PED's for the club. It was for rehab for one player.

But FFS, clean up the game I love.

Whad wuud mayk mee wawk awai? Reedin dis starf lel
Soory due to make you read my fribble. Was just stated the AFL is becomimg a farce and stronger clubs seem get away with all sorts of rubbish.

I can be funny too.

If you agree with the BS going on in the AFL atm, good for you.

I hope so Max. It's all he said/she said with Australian sport at the moment.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-21/aod9604-never-permitted

Want a clean game. It's hard enough being at the bottom with power club's pushing the boundaries.
Will add, I don't believe Trenner's or the MFC were trying/using PED's for the club. It was for rehab for one player.

But FFS, clean up the game I love.

I 100% agree with your sentiments but re Trengove that article is from two years ago. This is the one I was thinking about from last year:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d-use-of-aod9604/story-fni5f91a-1226960517161

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Dees, just when I think you're a lost cause - you pull me in again. I don't think I could ever give up on this club, I think I just like to think I have that option if all goes to hell. It's part of my mental health strategy...:drunk: I guess if the Neeld era didn't destroy me, nothing will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back