FTA-TV Seven refusing to air Nine logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...nel-nine-logo-on-jumpers-20150225-13obqt.html

Seven's new WAFL deal may mean West Perth has to lose the Nine logo from its jumper if it wants its games to be broadcast.

2015-02-26_0057.jpg

Last edited:

They didn't have a problem in the late 1970's/early 1980's when Kevin Bartlett (the car racing one) had a Camaro covered in Channel 9 logos! (which ended up Channel 6 logos when the Camaro rolled at Bathurst in 1982!)

Mr Cometti, a Garlic Muncher of many decades standing, just needs to walk into the 7 Broadcast Managers office and tell him (?) that this is a very petty issue and to broadcast the product as is !!!!. Thanks to the publicity of this story, 9 is getting free publicity ( I didn't know 9 sponsored the Munchers, thanks for the free ad 7 !!! ).

As said elsewhere, when 7 are broadcasting a Muncher game, sticking plaster over the 9 logo .................... first scuffle .............. oh damn the sticking plaster has disappeared !!!!!.

Footy Commission, show some goolies.

ABC were obviously more broadminded.

pretty farcical.
I mean everyone knows there is a channel 9.
although if you believe the ratings, it wouldn't surprise me if people in perth never changed the channel and just stuck with the rick and sue channel 24 hours a day and might be shocked to see this 'other channel'...

what about advertising signs around the grounds? what if the seven broadcast is sponsored by bunnings and say at lathlain park there is a masters sign? will that have to come down too?

The Channel Seven mafia still runs Perth with an iron fist. What a shower of campaigners. The West Perth chairman has now forced the WAFL CEO to resign over the way it's all been handled so there might be a change. Highly unlikely but what if we make the Grand Final.

On 6PR this morning they were saying that Ch 9 and 10 weren't allowed video cameras into the West Perth vs Peel game this afternoon. Disgracefully petulant from both Channel 7 and WAFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back