Multiplat Dying Light

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished this today, 44 hours to basically complete everything side missions and all. The only things I haven't/may not do are a couple of the challenges, specifically the break 25 legs and headshot 30 zombies. The mechanics just don't allow for this to be done easily or within the timeframe imo. Especially when for the leg break challenge you constantly have the zombies grappling you and unless you hit L1 you'll bash their brains in, also swinging the bat a certain way is fairly tough. The headshot one just doesn't have the clean gunplay to allow this to be done with any sort of accuracy and time.

Overall though, I had an incredibly fun time with this game. I hit a bit of a slump once getting onto the second area, but once I got going again it was still just as fun as the first area. And that's what I feel this game did so well, fun, it's just got really fun mechanics throughout.

Very enjoyable and I'll be getting on the DLC most likely when it comes out as long as impressions are positive. Hopefully Dead Island 2 can take some notes from this, especially the movement.

mjUjYgG.jpg

Due to this game I'm still trying to parkour over everything in first person games.
Tell me about it, started up the Borderlands collection and not once through my time on it on the PS3 did I think it needed better movement but now I'm trying to jump on every ledge and it's not working!! Makes the game feel so different.

On top of that I keep hitting R1 to back out of approaching enemies and keep throwing grenades.:oops:

Wow, talk about a major difficulty spike.

Im facing off against machine guns, gagng members that take 10 head hits to go down, those spitting things, exploding things.

And I still havent got anything more than a hammer.

Yep, it can be pretty brutal.

I was lucky because I jumped into a co-op game with a random around that time and the person just decided to give me a sword that did 1200 damage because they saw I was struggle. Boy was that a game changer.

Yep, it can be pretty brutal.

I was lucky because I jumped into a co-op game with a random around that time and the person just decided to give me a sword that did 1200 damage because they saw I was struggle. Boy was that a game changer.
Can I have said sword or a higher powered weapon or have you already traded it in? I might need it as i'll probably be playing this game solo from here on in, should've just did the speed run with Scope & Spud lol.

Last edited:
Police vans bud, go find a gun.

I've tried to loot a van but I can't get to one where there's heaps of infected around, and also because it's a ver hard lockpick, takes some time.

Anyway picked this up Sunday and have spent the last 2 days playing and I'm really impressed, having a blast with it, just running around rooftops and exploring is brilliant.

Can I have said sword or a higher powered weapon or have you already traded it in? It's a shame the guys I waited for to play through this with decided to give up on it, leaving me playing large chunks of it solo.

Should've just did the speed run with Scope & Spud lol.

Not many hits left on the really good sword but you are welcome to have my other one hit kill weapons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to pick it up again Seanybruz, but I as under the impression you were a fair bit further on than me anyways.

I don't really mind either way.
Nah I was only a mission or 2 ahead lol.

It's all good man don't feel obligated to pick it up again on my account you're more than welcome to trade it in while you can if it's not your cup of tea, tbh i'll likely shelve it for a little bit whilst I give Bloodborne a decent crack anyway.

Yeah I might grab a few weapons to help me out at some point seeing as i'll likely go it alone to complete it, probably won't look to finish it until I give Bloodborne a decent crack as it arrives today.

No worries. Just be aware that I'm moving house on Thursday and won't have internet for about a week. So if you want the weapons before then let me know.

Well the heart was racing rapidly just then, was roaming my first night session and ended up being chased by those runners (forgot what they're really called), and just got back to a safe house in time, used 3 medkits and at one point stopped to try and fend them off but my god they are strong, and a cricket bat wasn't going to do that job! haha

Great game this !!

Well the heart was racing rapidly just then, was roaming my first night session and ended up being chased by those runners (forgot what they're really called), and just got back to a safe house in time, used 3 medkits and at one point stopped to try and fend them off but my god they are strong, and a cricket bat wasn't going to do that job! haha

Great game this !!
Yep. I got caught out after dark, I missed my jump into a safe zone and I was done.

Im very underpowered at the moment, and every mission is a challenge. There is no shortage of interesting stuff to do and some of the missions are really interesting.

The day night cycle adds a real variation to the game. I must admit, Im sleeping through nights. Being out after dark is geninely nervy.

If this game gives me great skills and weapons by the end (at the moment, all I can do is evade and only take on small groups) this will be a game of the year IMO.

Great article from Kotaku about it aswell.

Yep. I got caught out after dark, I missed my jump into a safe zone and I was done.

Im very underpowered at the moment, and every mission is a challenge. There is no shortage of interesting stuff to do and some of the missions are really interesting.

The day night cycle adds a real variation to the game. I must admit, Im sleeping through nights. Being out after dark is geninely nervy.

If this game gives me great skills and weapons by the end (at the moment, all I can do is evade and only take on small groups) this will be a game of the year IMO.

Great article from Kotaku about it aswell.

yeah the first time I was caught outside I panicked and ran in the general direction for safety like a mad man...it didnt end well lol. The night cycle is pretty brutal if you are caught out early, but after a while you learn to escape pretty easily, but it still requires stealth and mini map watching to avoid being seen for quite a while into the game as the super powered zombies are pretty damn strong for quite some time. Try to stay out at night as much as you can early to get double points for at least agility skills.

On weapons, you get some pretty damn powerful weapons much later in the game, but it feels a bit of a grind to get them (which I liked). Once you get them they are boss... My latest weapon is about 1000 power, and its safe to say I can now own the night.

Keep chipping away ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back