News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know why they're used tbh. Mero? Someone in the know?

Geelong's ISC jumpers don't have them. Port's 3 day Fijian Magpies jumpers didn't. Both ISC - where the panels have been sacrificed for the design.
Swans have them. Could be to extend the amount of white they use on the back? Or for a comfort thing..? Though it's the same material as the guernsey..
Collingwood's are a comfort thing of the player and that's it. Meshy material to get air into the guernsey. I saw them in Rebel Sport today and I have to say they look pretty good.

Swans have them. Could be to extend the amount of white they use on the back? Or for a comfort thing..? Though it's the same material as the guernsey..
Collingwood's are a comfort thing of the player and that's it. Meshy material to get air into the guernsey. I saw them in Rebel Sport today and I have to say they look pretty good.
I have a Swans Clash guernsey and although its similar, its not the same material, its slightly meshier. I think it also might be a fit sort of thing, the team has asked for sidepanels so that the jumper fits the players more

I have a Swans Clash guernsey and although its similar, its not the same material, its slightly meshier. I think it also might be a fit sort of thing, the team has asked for sidepanels so that the jumper fits the players more
Yep. Thats the case for the Eagles. Its stretchier fabric, meaning the rest of the guernsey can be ultra tight

Meshier? The Swans Home guernsey I saw was probably more like a rashie-material or something like that I'm guessing.. No holes anywhere..

I know that's what Carlton do..

Port have panels, but the EFPB jumper didn't. Cats don't, Swans have. All manufactured by ISC.

It doesn't seem to affect performance or anything, so why bother at all is what I'm asking.
The only plausible explanation would be something to do with cost of production but even then, how on earth would it be cheaper to add them in?

It's a good question.

The only plausible explanation would be something to do with cost of production but even then, how on earth would it be cheaper to add them in?

It's a good question.
Is it worth farces like chopping up Adelaide's hoops into rectangles? Geelong don't think so.

Is the VFL logo wrong? From memory there were four laces in the footy, but these jumpers seem to only have two.

And the AFL logo is a bit off as well - it's a bit straighter when it goes to the bottom point, and the ball is wider than it was on the real thing. I think I read somewhere that these were first made by an independent company before the AFL started selling them officially - so I'd suggest they used slight knockoffs to avoid getting pinged for copyright infringement, and didn't bother to change them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Figured out what the Crows Indig jumper logo reminds me of.
New-Orleans-Pelicans-Symbol.png

With super "iconic" plastic numbers?
PA's SANFL jumpers have plastic numbers...guess it saves money by meaning you don't have to print 30 different jumper backs.
When you're standing in the goals you get time to notice these things...Centrals stitch (most of) their numbers on (and simply stuck the new SANFL IGA Leauge logo over the old SANFL Be Active League logo on the front), Port have stick/iron-ons, and the other teams have the "modern" printed numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back