2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, so he didn't score in 2.5 quarters. Was hoping that he'd start impacting the scoreboard more after his decent GF performance.
I can't see him ever being a particularly effective KPF. I'd suggest the increase in rucking would suggest the club have their doubts too. Kepler Bradley is the best we could realistically hope for IMO

Waterman really impressed me yesterday. Was much better on the outside than I'd expected. He's got a good mark. One clearance in the last term was bull-like.

Duggan was more outside than I expected. And he looked a bit slow and unfit around the ground, but he was always in the right spot. I think perhaps he could have run back defensively a bit better. I think his fitness base is still pretty low. He spent a fair bit of time at full forward in the last term.

It was really enjoyable watching the two combine yesterday, it happened a fair bit. Was also great to see them both start almost exclusively in the centre square (for the first 3 quarters).

Non-Eagles - Johnson was close to BOG until he went off IMO. Such a good WAFL player.

I can't see him ever being a particularly effective KPF. I'd suggest the increase in rucking would suggest the club have their doubts too. Kepler Bradley is the best we could realistically hope for IMO
Could be worse. Hopefully he develops late into a decent depth option, don't mind keeping him on the list as depth (along with Sinclair) but the problem then becomes the East Perth affiliation and whether or not we can continue to draft KPP. Do we have to minimise the number of KPP we recruit because we can't flood East Perth with them?

Do we have to choose between keeping a certain quota for depth on the one hand or turning them over to try and unearth a potential star on the other?

Hopefully he develops late into a decent depth option, don't mind keeping him on the list as depth (along with Sinclair) but the problem then becomes the East Perth affiliation and whether or not we can continue to draft KPP. Do we have to minimise the number of KPP we recruit because we can't flood East Perth with them?
I can't see us modifying our recruiting strategies because of the alignment, even if it means playing a few players out of position or some being forced to play in the reserves. Will depend on if the KPP is too good to pass up or not, and if we've addressed our other needs.

Last edited:
Could be worse. Hopefully he develops late into a decent depth option, don't mind keeping him on the list as depth (along with Sinclair) but the problem then becomes the East Perth affiliation and whether or not we can continue to draft KPP. Do we have to minimise the number of KPP we recruit because we can't flood East Perth with them?

Do we have to choose between keeping a certain quota for depth on the one hand or turning them over to try and unearth a potential star on the other?

One of the outcomes of the alliance. Surely we will recruit what position players we want! The only downside is EP not wanting to play them in the league team in our required position. There is a price to an alliance - who other than Peel and EP made a profit last year?

Just looking throughb the Royals team list from yesterday and I'm encouraged to see how early Paddy Brophy has broken into the East Perth senior side. Albeit they are not at "full strength" by missing some West Coast players but I thought he would be a regular East Perth reserves player before getting a gig at senior level.

Good form by a few of the Eagles lads yesterday. Without seeing the game what I like was
  • The numbers of Alec Waterman, in particular the amount of handball showing me that he is getting in the contested footy. Fallen under the radar a little from the draft with Lamb and Nelson's games in particular being talked up more. If he can keep it up I've got no doubt he'll debut in 2015. BALL MAGNET.
  • Solid numbers from the Dugg, by the looks of it he will play a largely outside role which I have no issues with. Think that's where he will play his best footy early.
  • Obviously Sheed being rested may have results with the team next weekend against the Western Bulldogs. Same with Lamb, especially with Darling looking missing I think he'll debut next weekend. Fras McInnes not just yet it seems.
  • Nelson I'd say is in a current extended squad which will need to be trimmed before the team fly out.
  • Brandt Colledge ~ Tempted without delivering really so far but 30 touches yesterday with a high kick - handball ratio leads me to think he is playing an outsider role. It's encouraging to see him winning the footy but

Unfortunately we need Hill to play, We need that one player or at least one player that oppositions don't really know what he will do on the day but are mindful he can do a freaky thing now and again, most of our other player's you can read like a book and know exactly what they will bring, like a boxer telegraphing his punches !
Telegraph is so outdated boxers these days text message , facebook , twitter , email or just phone their punches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Implying anyone on the Fox Footy panel has any idea about WA football... either that or sarcasm that I failed to pick up!
They rate eagles draft picks this year that eagles are in rebuild through the draft cos we didnt trade. duggan nelson lamb then they mention how cavka will go without even mentioning waterman .. that was on the round table fox show . But yeah the sarcasm is there . I smile because We got him with our last pick and i think soon he will be talked a lot about

East Perth v Subi next Friday arvo really makes it a cracking weekend for footy.

Thursday night: Blues v Tigers - footy's back to kick off the long weekend
Friday afternoon: East Perth v Subi - great to be able to watch our boys when there aren't any AFL games on
Saturday arvo: Sydney v Essendon - guilty or not, should be an interesting match
Saturday night: Dogs v Eagles - see Sheed lead us to victory
Sunday arvo: Crows v Roos and Dockers v Port should both be awesome games
Monday arvo: Hawks v Cats, say no more

I can't wait.

East Perth v Subi next Friday arvo really makes it a cracking weekend for footy.

Thursday night: Blues v Tigers - footy's back to kick off the long weekend
Friday afternoon: East Perth v Subi - great to be able to watch our boys when there aren't any AFL games on
Saturday arvo: Sydney v Essendon - guilty or not, should be an interesting match
Saturday night: Dogs v Eagles - see Sheed lead us to victory
Sunday arvo: Crows v Roos and Dockers v Port should both be awesome games
Monday arvo: Hawks v Cats, say no more

I can't wait.

I'm with you expect for the WAFL games. Really good weekend for footy next weekend and it starts Thursday.

Don't know about the competitiveness of Essendon but, sanction or no sanction. Still will be a good game to watch because the Bombers won't die wandering. They;ll give it all they have.

I'm with you expect for the WAFL games. Really good weekend for footy next weekend and it starts Thursday.

Don't know about the competitiveness of Essendon but, sanction or no sanction. Still will be a good game to watch because the Bombers won't die wandering. They;ll give it all they have.

I think if the Bombers are found not guilty they will win.

If they are guilty it will be interesting to see how Hird and the remaining players react.

getgaff

Duggan can play anywhere. Backward or forward of Center and has more contested ability and clearance nous than Gaff who suffers from his one sidedness.

Some of his work out of the centre square early on the game was sublime, give him a couple of meters of space and he made things happen.

Kicking to forward was a massive feature of his game on Saturday. Just a special user of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Good to hear the Newman showed a bit, albeit for only the early part of the game before being injured.

He was electric early on, looked very good, something positive happens when he gets the footy,
just a pity he was injured.
Duggan first half was exceptional really struggled in the second half and played forward in the last because
he was stuffed.
McInnes was very good again he as kicked on this year so far, if he continues to be used as second ruck and forward and
continues to average 15 posession's a game and a lot of hit outs he is more than doing his job.
Colledge got a heap of it on the outside, I tend to cringe when he gets it, waiting for turn over.
He gets run of a lot on, because of his lack of speed.
Bennell was great and should play round one.
Kane Lucas been really happy with his first two games, is a above average mark for a mid, and runs to right spots.
Josh Hill was very good surprised by his work rate did a lot of unrewarded running yesterday.
Waterman everyone knows I love him was good on the outside yesterday also kicked a couple of good goals, complements
his awesome inside game.
Tunbridge early was quite worked into the game nothing special there, expected more.
Karpany second half was very good seemed to find some confidence and kicked a goal, hopefully he builds on that.
Forgot Brophy has nice size looked lost a couple of times, needs time.

Also watched Barrass first two games in the reserves and he has been superb.
Hasn't got a lot of the footy but won nearly all one on ones, he really should be playing for east perths
league side, as full back is there weakness

How good was he in the air yesterday. Leaving his man on a few occasions and putting his body on the line for spoils reminded me of Glass. Also did he sit out the last quarter after cramping poorly in the third?

Really encouraging reports on Duggan but if he's struggling to run out a WAFL game, which isn't a surprise considering he had an interrupted preseason, it should be a few weeks yet before he's in the frame for a callup to the seniors, should it not?

How has Adamson gone the last couple of weeks?

He's still finding his feet, probably the only player on the list that should be playing reserves.
He just needs time to get a feel for the game his kicking is good, handball needs some work.
Is incredibly quick has elite pace, not afraid to use his body, tackles hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back