Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly Harks. I wonder who's in his list of 13 players we've taken from rival clubs:
  1. Jaksch
  2. Docherty
  3. Whiley
  4. Everitt
  5. Jones
  6. Tutt
  7. Dick
  8. Thomas
  9. Wood
  10. Henderson
  11. Warnock
  12. Judd
  13. Carrazzo
Okay a couple of depth players, and mostly targeted players - whats he on about?

Only s**t teams recycle players.....That's the way it works, surely.

Hang on.......Hawthorn.......1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11..........That can't be right can it Crawf? :)

EDIT: Ehhh.....Jabba & Kramer beat me to it.

Recycled players? Let's go through them:

Jaksch...Docherty...Whiley...Everitt...Jones were specifically targetted.
Does that make them any more recycled than Boyd at the Dogs?
Tutt and Dick came for nothing and you can't build a team with 22 kids in 2 years alone.

Shane Crawford was a good footballer and he can cycle very far.
Burgoyne, Lake, Gunston, Hale, Ceglar, Frawley, Gibson, McEvoy, Spangher

Too many recycled players to be successful??

I'd take our current batch of recycled than the lot Pagan brought in.......

Such a narrow minded approach.. Lebron must be a average also......

More than ever it's about getting the right players at the right time, into the club.

God forbid we acquire Dangerfield and Treloar this year.........We'll be the laughing stock of the competition. :cool:

Definition of recycled has usually meant guys who were either delisted or unwanted at their old clubs. Other than Dick, Wood, Tutt and Carrots that doesn't apply to the others. Another case of media members trying to validate their claims with horrible evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too sure what Hawthorn's list has to do in a 'CARLTON IN THE MEDIA' thread!
Relates to Crawford's article about Carlton having too many recycled players/players from rival clubs.

Cookie Monster was trying to counter his illogical argument by highlighting how other teams like Hawthorn have used a large number of recycled/players from other clubs, your honour. :D

Definition of recycled has usually meant guys who were either delisted or unwanted at their old clubs. Other than Dick, Wood, Tutt and Carrots that doesn't apply to the others. Another case of media members trying to validate their claims with horrible evidence.

I don't think that Tutt was unwanted as much as he didn't want to be at The Dogs any more.
Wood was picked up after a year at Williamstown and as insurance on the rookie list......hardly a huge risk.
Dick, because it suited our age profile and was preferred to a rookie at 60+ odd.............no big deal.

Carrazzo has turned out O.K. for a recycled player.
If I recall, Geelong didn't want to lose him in particular but he just wanted opportunity that wasn't being afforded to him at The Cats.

Anyway, who cares.........Maybe Crawford would if he read what we've had to say about his........prognosis........maybe not :)

Relates to Crawford's article about Carlton having too many recycled players/players from rival clubs.

Cookie Monster was trying to counter his illogical argument by highlighting how other teams like Hawthorn have used a large number of recycled/players from other clubs, your honour. :D

I rest my case! :p

It's almost as if those in the media are trying to make up excuses to substantiate their collective notion that we will be crap this year. The round table thing on Fox was like watching a massive circle jerk around each other. Apparently our list is terrible and the only reason we won 7 games last year was because of Mick.

The good news is it is now on us to prove them all wrong starting Thursday night.

I don't bother reading any of the predictions from so-called 'experts'. It is a given that they won't have done much research & will just regurgitate the same old stuff. If you were to believe some of the 'experts' over the years, the Top 8 would permanently stay the same.

On a side note, I happened to be reading an article by Matty Lloyd, which was about the EFC doping debacle, & somehow he managed to include a prediction that we are no chance of winning a premiership within the next decade. The sad part about all of this is that these gooses get paid to provide these opinions. Do media bosses think they are getting value for money?

I don't bother reading any of the predictions from so-called 'experts'. It is a given that they won't have done much research & will just regurgitate the same old stuff. If you were to believe some of the 'experts' over the years, the Top 8 would permanently stay the same.

On a side note, I happened to be reading an article by Matty Lloyd, which was about the EFC doping debacle, & somehow he managed to include a prediction that we are no chance of winning a premiership within the next decade. The sad part about all of this is that these gooses get paid to provide these opinions. Do media bosses think they are getting value for money?

Lloydy should be telling us who the ~44 players will be on the list in 10 years from now.
I'm sure he must know who all the board members will be in ten years time, along with the CEO, coach, recruiters and footballing department in general, as without all that information, making such a sweeping statement would be stupid at a very high level.............hang on.......you did say Lloyd.......carry on.

EDIT: Kingy may have said 20 years.

Lloydy should be telling us who the ~44 players will be on the list in 10 years from now.
I'm sure he must know who all the board members will be in ten years time, along with the CEO, coach, recruiters and footballing department in general, as without all that information, making such a sweeping statement would be stupid at a very high level.............hang on.......you did say Lloyd.......carry on.

EDIT: Kingy may have said 20 years.
Like essendon have a better chance. Lloyd properly thinks essendon will win the premiership this year. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back