Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Around the walkway? As in the concourse? What's the point? Ads?
There's also new screens next to the Video replay screens on the bottom level(The ones that allow the back rows to see what was on scoreboards. They've on level on the walkways between the seating and the food/bar and ticket gates.

At the moment they're displaying adverts. Mostly events at the stadium and I think stuff for Etihad. The ones next to the replay screens are blank.

There's also new screens next to the Video replay screens on the bottom level(The ones that allow the back rows to see what was on scoreboards. They've on level on the walkways between the seating and the food/bar and ticket gates.

At the moment they're displaying adverts. Mostly events at the stadium and I think stuff for Etihad. The ones next to the replay screens are blank.
love the avatar mate!

Noticed at the Melbourne Victory game on Saturday night that the digital advertising boards on the second tire behind the goals have been moved to just under the coaches boxes (turned off). Im guessing that they are going for the Adelaide Oval look and going have them right around the sound level. New TV screens still not in use on the Councourses and exit/entrances to Bays, Toilets etc, but are all in place now
Wifi pods (Whatever they are called) are also now placed at the back of each bay on Level 1 on a thing that looks like a street light pole. Few missing seats now though as some have taken the place of a seat.

Noticed at the Melbourne Victory game on Saturday night that the digital advertising boards on the second tire behind the goals have been moved to just under the coaches boxes (turned off). Im guessing that they are going for the Adelaide Oval look and going have them right around the sound level. New TV screens still not in use on the Councourses and exit/entrances to Bays, Toilets etc, but are all in place now
Wifi pods (Whatever they are called) are also now placed at the back of each bay on Level 1 on a thing that looks like a street light pole. Few missing seats now though as some have taken the place of a seat.
I was their, they where covered by la lonica,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love to know how if North and the Bulldogs are losing money on regular season matches, preseason games with less than 10,000 people at Docklands are even with having? It must cost the league a pretty penny.

I would guess that since the pre-season games aren't counted in the required 'quota' the AFL would have put it to Etihad 'we can play these games at Etihad or play them at Ballarat/York Park/Bendigo/wherever. If you want them these are our terms'

I would guess that since the pre-season games aren't counted in the required 'quota' the AFL would have put it to Etihad 'we can play these games at Etihad or play them at Ballarat/York Park/Bendigo/wherever. If you want them these are our terms'

But on those terms, MSL would be breaching its financial responsibilties if it deliberately took on loss making matches. Either they make a profit on these sub 10,000 crowds and a ripping off the AFL clubs in match costs, or they are idiots.

I guess the AFL cop the loss on the chin. Having attended these games, there are only a few ticket windows open and many of the food stalls have the shutters down. All seating on level three is closed and level one is general admission so I'm guessing that reduces costs to a minimum?

I'm surprised carltons game today isn't at Ikon Park.

But on those terms, MSL would be breaching its financial responsibilties if it deliberately took on loss making matches. Either they make a profit on these sub 10,000 crowds and a ripping off the AFL clubs in match costs, or they are idiots.

They wouldn't be loss making, but the profits would be nowhere near as much as a regular season match. As Teagueeee15 says, if there is a loss the AFL would most likely absorb it (they let club members in for free this year so this 'lost revenue' would need to be covered).

I guess the AFL cop the loss on the chin. Having attended these games, there are only a few ticket windows open and many of the food stalls have the shutters down. All seating on level three is closed and level one is general admission so I'm guessing that reduces costs to a minimum?

I'm surprised carltons game today isn't at Ikon Park.

The AFL negotiate with the stadium manager, just as they are doing over food prices, just as they did at the MCG over food prices.

You assume a complete lack of commercial nous of all concerned. Ever heard of negotiating, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

You assume a complete lack of commercial nous of all concerned. Ever heard of negotiating, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

No I dont assume anything. Im simply wondering how North, the Saints, and the Dogs can be told they must have crowds of 40,000 to be profitable, but apparently Im not allowed to query how the league justifies using the same stadium for matches with crowds of 10,000 or less.

No I dont assume anything. Im simply wondering how North, the Saints, and the Dogs can be told they must have crowds of 40,000 to be profitable, but apparently Im not allowed to query how the league justifies using the same stadium for matches with crowds of 10,000 or less.

A strong supporter of questioning, well done, its your commercial conclusions that stagger me.

Hey guys sorry to bump this thread , but i think it will be a bit pointless to start a new one . I've just got a few questions on eithad stadium as ill be going there next week for saints vs giants .
My first question is how much does buying ticket cost during game day approximately an hour before the game . I've looked on multiple websites such as the afl website , ticketek and a few others and the prices all vary from 50 bucks to 17 bucks.

My second question is will i be able to bring my own food into the stadium , i know they introduced a new law that allowed you to do that but i think thats only for big bash and a league . I'm not sure its like that for AFL .

Hey guys sorry to bump this thread , but i think it will be a bit pointless to start a new one . I've just got a few questions on eithad stadium as ill be going there next week for saints vs giants .
My first question is how much does buying ticket cost during game day approximately an hour before the game . I've looked on multiple websites such as the afl website , ticketek and a few others and the prices all vary from 50 bucks to 17 bucks.

My second question is will i be able to bring my own food into the stadium , i know they introduced a new law that allowed you to do that but i think thats only for big bash and a league . I'm not sure its like that for AFL .
I think general admission on level 3 is $17, obviously the better the seats the more expensive they are so they $50 tickets are probably on the wing of level 2. From what i've read you are allowed to take commercially produced food in, although as the footy hasn't officially started yet, I haven't attended a game there this year i'm not 100% sure on this.

cks.

You can. It was in the stadium announcement last week. Just no glassware.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back