Cricket Summer betting thread - India, Tri-series, World Cup

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I would hold onto the NZ bets. Australia are gross unders and the kiwis are the value right now for me so wouldnt make sense to lay off.

Depends what you think of the current odds though

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
NZ batting first s:

1u NZ over 275.5 runs @ $1.85

I think NZ are certainly capable of getting 300, especially batting first with less scoreboard pressure. They should certainly be targeting that to be competitive.

brittlestar

Draftee
Mar 28, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
NZ batting first s:

1u NZ over 275.5 runs @ $1.85

I think NZ are certainly capable of getting 300, especially batting first with less scoreboard pressure. They should certainly be targeting that to be competitive.

I doubt that. With the aussie bowling line up, and experience playing at the MCG, they will restrict them to under that total. Kane Williamson, he has played close to 70odd ODI games, not a single match at the mcg. Experience and knowledge of this venue will favour the aussies immensely

Aug 3, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Still wondering what to do on the final. At the moment I can hedge out NZ and Starc for about a 4u net profit. But I'm tempted to hang on for the drama!!!

All the other markets I usually look at seem about right though. Although I do think NZ have the potential to hit 300 if they bat first and hold their nerve. It's interesting that SB have a Team Total market (regardless of innings batted) but TAB's market specifically says '1st Innings'. At the moment it's at 275.5 which is pretty tempting.

I did find this though.

2u Total Match 4s over 48.5 @ $1.72 (TAB)

I think the bookies have just pumped all the figures though their big averaging machine and churned out this number. If you look at averages then Australia are running at 28 4s (196 in 7 games) and NZ at 25 4s (205 in 8 games). But, NZ have batted 2nd 6/8 times and have chased 4 totals under 200, massively skewing the results.
If you look at the WC matches at the MCG, there have been 61, 46, 61 and 48 4s hit, so a small tendency toward the overs. Note that the 46 was Ind v SA where SA folded for 177, and the 48 was involving Bangladesh. Even so, the median 4s for a team is 30, pointing at 60 per game when two quality sides play.
The main risk here is that there is another freak game with a small 1st innings total, but I don't think that will happen tomorrow.

now gone down to
total match 4s over 45.5 @1.87 (SB)
decided to go on it now.

Gone very early with that call. The Aussies have the ability to choke early on too
Nah, MacCullum needed to get them off to a hot start to be any hope at all. As soon as he went, it was done and dusted.

PuntingFanatic

Senior List
Mar 1, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Go Aussies! NZ 8 bucks. Id cover at those odds even tho I think Aussies will do it. IMO, always play it safe and cover your ass. Particularly when you can outlay a little for a lot.

In case we lose this from this position i am getting paid for it!

WC%20cricket_zps4wvjiuym.png

This will take the pain of losing away a bit and i doubt we will chase the runs that easy. Had a win yesterday on the horses so if i am upset with a WC loss the win at 10-1 odds will make it better slightly.

C'mon Aussies. :thumbsu:

Back