Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitta09

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They are guilty.......

Guilty of attempting to cheat their way into premiership contention
Guilty of hiring the most infamous PED peddler in Australian sport
Guilty of throwing under the bus anyone in the club who held views diverging from the golden boy
Guilty of taking no responsibility, even in light of the critical findings of their own commissioned investigation
Guilty of behaving like some rich private school prefect who believes they operate with a different set of rules
Guilty of using their naive players as guinea pigs in their 'sports science' experiments
Guilty of being reamed by their Machiavellian cultist leader who cares for only his own interests
Guilty of claiming they are victims of a conspiracy whilst conspiring to remove evidence of exactly what they were doing
Guilty of f&&&ing around the competition for three years
Guilty of being the most pathetic flog of a club in the history of Aussie Rules

Regardless of what happens on March 31, they are already guilty as sin.
Lol.
The fact the players haven't participated in NAB games to me screams of guilt. The club know they are guilty so they accept suspensions to their players in order to avoid potential longer suspensions.
Sorry I thought hirdy was shocked and confident that the club did nothing wrong. If the club were actually innocent and confident that they did no wrong, they would have nothing to hide and most of the players would have played the practice games. What a bunch of contradicting lying cheating rats

Last edited:
Unsure if you guys are aware, but channels 7 & 9 are both placing the 2015 debuts of Talking Footy and Footy Classified on this Tuesday due to the judgement being handed down. Not only that, but they are placing them in prime-time, with Talking Footy at 6:30 and Footy Classified at 8:00.

AFL 360 returns Monday night also, with Robbo front and centre (if he's recovered from his recent health issues).

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Recent Jon Ralph's piece from friday...

MARK Thompson believes Essendon’s players should be cleared of drug bans on Tuesday, saying they have unfairly endured a protracted two-year investigation.
But the former Essendon senior coach is still angry his efforts to stop Essendon’s supplements program in 2012 were ignored.
The new Fox Footy commentator says there is no place in football for supplements program that saw him and others fined for their role in the 2012 campaign.
The anti-doping tribunal will deliver its verdict on players next Tuesday, nearly 26 months after the investigation into that supplements regimen began.
“I hope they do get off because they deserve it,’’ Thompson said.
“I think they have been treated really poorly out of this. If the real interests of the players were at heart, every group would have taken that into consideration and learnt to get on better and worked together better to allow these players to know their destiny. It’s been too long. It’s sad. No one can ever measure the damage done, but from a footy point of view three years of their lives have been taken away.”
On five separate occasions Thompson tried to stop the 2012 campaign, with the AFL’s charge sheet reading, “Thompson resolutely advised (Stephen) Dank that the injecting of players was to cease.’’.
He was fined $30,000 for his role, but says he could not have done much more to encourage the campaign to end.
“I thought we were all pretty unanimous in stopping it and we obviously weren’t and I found out it was still going on,’’ he said.
“In the end supplements have never been a big issue to me. I don’t think they are the difference. You get a greater difference improving players and inspiring them and teaching them how to play.
“I think we had a lot of upside at Essendon, we didn’t need to try to get an edge through supplements.
“It’s a desperate game. The only ones that survive are the desperate ones and sometimes in doing that the pressure of winning forces you to make some bad decisions.”
Thompson was at one stage a candidate to coach Essendon or Gold Coast this year but says now he will never coach again.
“No, I don’t think so. I didn’t even really want to do it (at Essendon). I left Geelong saying I didn’t want to coach.
“I love coaching but most coaches realise it’s a shock to their life. I did it for 11 years. That’s enough.”

I thought this was interesting......where it's bolded. Does this kind of link in with the weapon's story where him and Dank went black ops??

Note the word selection from Bomber.

He thinks they have been treated poorly, and that they've gone through enough.

No mention of them not having a case to answer or any of the PR guff about being confident of no bans, etc.

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Note the word selection from Bomber.

He thinks they have been treated poorly, and that they've gone through enough.

No mention of them not having a case to answer or any of the PR guff about being confident of no bans, etc.

Just quietly now Im thinking Bomber privately is pissed at what went down without his knowledge behind his back , thus him refusing to pay the $30G fine and the club paying it, at the last minute .

“I thought we were all pretty unanimous in stopping it and we obviously weren’t and I found out it was still going on,’’ he said.
I thought this was interesting......where it's bolded. Does this kind of link in with the weapon's story where him and Dank went black ops??

If Dank went black ops then so did the *players. Dank wasn't (just) injecting himself.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
“I hope they do get off because they deserve it,’’ Thompson said.

aaawwwww......how sweet. Even though they knew the rules, they did it anyway. Unquestioned by 1 single player who was man enough to stand up and say " no ", this is wrong.

" Don't know what's in it.....but inject away doc ".

Gospel according to St. James. Book of Stephen. Chapter ll. Verse 12.

Here endeth the lesson.

Last edited:
Dear god.

Who is this bloke?

He's not the one lecturing at Deakin is he???

Nope. Even Mertun Hordy has his anti-neo-liberal standards. Bruce Francis is a former test cricketer. His resume includes OH&S 'expert', all knowledge about the matrix and world's fastest one fingered typist. In his spare time he condones apartheid by going on rebel cricket tours and advocates bashing Caro with a bit of 2x4. So a swell stand up guy and just the sort of person taken to heart as a learned expert on the matter by the rabid hirdites.

THE fridge in Stephen Dank’s office at Windy Hill wasn’t stocked with typical supplies.

Bottled water and sandwiches? No.

This was Essendon FC in 2012.

Peptides were on the menu.

The man they call “Danksy” stored hexarelin and other potions in this fridge, which he left unlocked in his disorderly office deep inside Bombers’ HQ.
That famous fridge is currently at my house. If things go according to plan on Tuesday it could be worth a fortune!

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne

No, very different time line. The black ops thing dates back to late 2011 whereas Bomber demanding the doping program end happened well into 2012.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hmmm... not sure what to make of that. Except that Tuesday night 360 is going to become less enjoyable to watch.

I could barely watch 360 last year. I think I gave up about 3-4 weeks in. Whenever Essendon came up, Robbo went full drunken fanboi mode; it was genuinely embarrassing (moreso than his usual drunken antics).

360 is still the best football show going around in my opinion, but Robbo over the course of last year increasingly transitioned from being endearingly moronic to a frustrating idiot on a soapbox.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
360 is still the best football show going around in my opinion, but Robbo over the course of last year increasingly transitioned from being endearingly moronic to a frustrating idiot on a soapbox.

Agree, and it's a crying shame. They have good chemistry, they have a good format, they have good guests, they have decent analysis, they have some great video packages.

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You have one idiot who is an * fanboi, and you have the other idiot who sold his integrity up the river by parroting the opinions of the executive producer, who is also an * fanboi. Best football show going around? No.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
You have one idiot who is an * fanboi, and you have the other idiot who sold his integrity up the river by parroting the opinions of the executive producer, who is also an * fanboi. Best football show going around? No.
Anything is better than the "Footy Show"! And I think 360 is pretty good, not sure I can think of a better one in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back