Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dank has attempted to throw * under the bus this morning. Says they all know what the players got, and also argued that TB4 was ever banned.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...banned-list-stephen-dank-20150329-1ma7do.html

Articles about dank or the processes he used appear.
Dank drops hints, rebuts accusations, and raises questions about who knew what.

EVERY time.

He's lying through his teeth about some things, no doubt about it. But any time people begin questioning his ability/knowledge/proficiency (ie the things that earn him money these days) he just rains down blows from upon high, with the implicit threat of more to come.

He doesn't want to take this s**t to court. He wants to take it to the settlement table. Get his wad of cash from the AFL and Essendon, and continue on with his anti ageing work without having his reputation trashed publicly.

You have one idiot who is an * fanboi, and you have the other idiot who sold his integrity up the river by parroting the opinions of the executive producer, who is also an * fanboi. Best football show going around? No.
Opinions mate. Football shows in general are pretty rubbish.

Anything is better than the "Footy Show"! And I think 360 is pretty good, not sure I can think of a better one in fact.

The Footy Show is completely dead to me now and has been for a couple of years.

Robbo is OK at times but mostly he is a slobbering yobbo.

Returning to the subject of * and Tuesday, the one thing that has had me worried from day one, apart from the fact that a not guilty verdict will vindicate the failure to keep records, is the potential interference by the integrity-laden AFL.

If it's possible to interfere (legally and with integrity of course) with the findings of an ''independent'' tribunal the AFL will find a way to do it.

And as for the rumours about Tuesday's finding, I suspect there'd be all sorts of people who'd have a heads up or better about the outcome. Secretaries, lawyers, husbands, wives, Gilligan and Dilligan, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, knowwhatimean.

I hope I'm wrong and the rest of you glass half fullers about the process are right.

two-days-to-go.jpg

The Footy Show is completely dead to me now and has been for a couple of years.

Robbo is OK at times but mostly he is a slobbering yobbo.

Returning to the subject of * and Tuesday, the one thing that has had me worried from day one, apart from the fact that a not guilty verdict will vindicate the failure to keep records, is the potential interference by the integrity-laden AFL.

If it's possible to interfere (legally and with integrity of course) with the findings of an ''independent'' tribunal the AFL will find a way to do it.

And as for the rumours about Tuesday's finding, I suspect there'd be all sorts of people who'd have a heads up or better about the outcome. Secretaries, lawyers, husbands, wives, Gilligan and Dilligan, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, knowwhatimean.

I hope I'm wrong and the rest of you glass half fullers about the process are right.
Not to mention a 'pragmatic' outcome that balances the various needs and interests...
  • AFL don't want major disruption to (yet another) season.
  • *essendon don't want any guilty finding, but might live with (ie not appeal) one that brings only minor penalties (wouldn't be worth it).
  • ASADA want something meaningful that saves face after questions of competence.
  • Non-*essendon supporters want a guilty finding and penalties that mean something.
Interesting times.

Dank has attempted to throw * under the bus this morning. Says they all know what the players got, and also argued that TB4 was ever banned.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...banned-list-stephen-dank-20150329-1ma7do.html

Which makes it pretty hard to continue to argue:

A. We don't know what the players were given, and
B. Whatever it was, we are CERTAIN it wasn't TB4.

By arguing the legality of TB4, he is surely acknowledging that he gave them TB4.

PS. Can't open the article so not sure if this is denied.

Yeah it's good..... But it's different isn't it? Not really relevant to what's happening in footy today, or coming up. I watched the Des Tuddenham one at some ungodly hour this morning, it was outstanding.
The John Barnes episode was probably the best. If you haven't seen it, it's a must watch. :D

I know Tuddy a bit through pubs, and bloody hell he was hard at it, and hard at the man too. Loved seeing the footage of him.

Danksy is a crackup. "The players are innocent!!!"

Why is that mate?

"Because the drug that we didn't give them shouldn't be banned by WADA!!"

Ok. Lets just ignore the utter stupidity of that position and focus on the banned/not banned question. Who determines what is banned/not banned? World leading biochemists and anti-doping experts?

"Yeah but I'm an anti-ageing expert with questionable qualifications. What would they kno?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just getting the vibe this result will be much ado about nothing. As I have said all along never underestimate the power of the AFL.
Yeah true the AFL dont want a big disruption to this year so what are the chances Asada/Wada appeal a soft verdict ? pretty High im guessing....

"Who determines what is banned/not banned? World leading biochemists and anti-doping experts?

Not so much a bus as a road train that he has thrown them under. One of the wheels is bound to hit someone.

The bloke has been caught out by his own massive intellect (cough). In his defence it is REALLY hard to work out if a drug is banned. It's so hard it needs its own instruction manual. I have taken the liberty of copying it verbatim here:

1. Open browser.
2. Type https://checksubstances.asada.gov.au into the address bar.
3. Press Enter (recent addition to the Drugs for Dummies version of the manual)
4. Enter the sport, gender, and role. Click "Check". Be truthful here please Dyson...
5. Read the terms and conditions (you don't need a lawyer for this *jimmy), and click "I Accept"
6. Type "thymosin beta 4" into the "how would you like to cheat?" field.
7. Cross fingers and press the Search button.
8. Click the link to to drug shown (you probably mis-spelled it, and Thymosin Beta 4 could easily be confused with Thymomodulin ).
9. Read the results. Drugs for Dummies Hint: the red X means "banned", not "okay", you sillies.

The good news is that if you don't like the result, you can go ahead anyway. After all whatever you want to cheat with probably isn't performance enhancing. Or maybe those clowns at ASADA just got it wrong?

Shake head vigorously, tut a couple of times, mumble something under you breath, and head to the fridge to check you stocks. Now jab away at leisure with your pin-cushion/*player of choice.

Oh, and write it all down. Or not.

Disco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back