2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Warner still has a point to prove in ODI cricket, while he has taken his Test game to an incredible level, he has slightly under performed in ODI cricket, despite the 50 over game being the form he was discovered in, after a couple of brutal knock for New South Wales. A nice innings here might go part of the way to alleviating that.

Hes built his record up aftera slow start though, but agree a bit
Today could help

I think of him more for 20/20 to start rather than odi just me though

I don't think that necessarily explains it.

The '07 WC winning team was a really interesting team, even though they were also winning all the time. Well balanced, good mix of players, worth watching.

This team...is not that.

The bowling unit was phenomenal - 4 of the top 6 bowlers

I don't think that necessarily explains it.

The '07 WC winning team was a really interesting team, even though they were also winning all the time. Well balanced, good mix of players, worth watching.

This team...is not that.

Like AFL, cricket has become super professional, some of the fun has gone out of the game. Too many politics and money involved.

Just no room for fun, it's why NZ have been so well followed throughout the tournament, young team focused more on the sport than the money behind it and playing freely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear the incessant ripping of the glove velcro is driving me nuts.. Davie Warner that is...
Just let it go and drive the ball into the nether regions of the MCG would drive me happy.

Or is that all batsmen that rip and stick incessantly. Highly unnecessary... o_O

But it was just England. I still think before today Warner has been crap, even though he made 150 odd against Afghanistan.
It may have been just England but Australia's first match, 3-70 after 10 overs with Warner, Smith and Watson out. Steadied the ship that game.

Finch's career is just starting, and was a major part in getting us through the Semi final. If we win he more than deserves it.

Not really. I guess most teams have players that assed it. Finch has had one good innings all tournament and often put us under early pressure. That being said I agree with not changing much when you're winning so I'll shutup.

Thoughts for player of the tournament, Starc would be my pick.
20+ wickets at an average below ten in a tournament dominated by the bat is an extraordinary effort

He'd be a worthy selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back