2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home! Wow, quite an experience, glad I was able to go in the end. Not the best match but still exciting to see the Aussies win the Cup in your home town!! Well done boys, thoroughly deserved :thumbsu:

Well done to NZ as well, they had a great tournament just weren't at their best today. Looking forward to more contests with them in the future :)

You guys have been busy, 150 pages in a day is a fair effort.

Thoughts from the ground -
I wish it was closer, but it was great to see such dominance on display
Great to see the crowd really applaud pup and show our appreciation towards him
Bad luck kiwis, you had a great tournament
And lastly, seriously * those Aussie supporters who booed Watto all day. w***ers.

Which side was best?

Between the three campaigns, only one game was lost in total (against the Kiwis at Eden Park, this year).

I didn't get to see much of the 2007 WC (terrible timezone), but I think the 2015 team was slightly ahead of 2003. We probably had better batsmen back then but nobody in the same league as Starc with the ball.

Which side was best?

Between the three campaigns, only one game was lost in total (against the Kiwis at Eden Park, this year).

I didn't get to see much of the 2007 WC (terrible timezone), but I think the 2015 team was slightly ahead of 2003. We probably had better batsmen back then but nobody in the same league as Starc with the ball.

2003 was a fairly awesome side IMO

And lastly, seriously **** those Aussie supporters who booed Watto all day. ******s.
I think it was tongue and cheek for some but for the rest they're first class assholes. He isn't my favourite player that's for sure but it's a WC Final... get behind your players FFS!

Which side was best?

To be honest 2003 and 2007 were far better teams IMO. Not to take anything away from this years team but those other teams were on another level.

Which side was best?

Which side was best?

2007 easily. They hardly broke a sweat that tournament

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And lastly, seriously **** those Aussie supporters who booed Watto all day. ******s.

I couldn't believe it, absolutely appalling! Poor Watto is going to need therapy when he ends his cricket career (if he doesn't already!).

2007 easily. They hardly broke a sweat that tournament
Yeah you're probably right about that. I just had a quick look at the results page on Wikipedia. We were completely dominant. It was just a shame that the games were played in the middle of the night. Hayden had a picnic that tournament.

2003 was a strong side, but we were tested on a few occasions. We nearly lost to England, and Shane Bond ripped through us one afternoon. Symonds saved our arses in the semi final.

1999 - was a great tournament. But we lost 2 games and South Africa gifted us a spot in the final. I think that side was slightly behind the others. Our performance in the final was eerily similar to today.

Ahhhh, memories. :)

2007 and 2003 dead heat for mine.

Would this team have won if it wasn't held in Australia?

Depends on the location. IMO Australia 2015 would have come very close in England, South Africa or the West Indies.

Virtually untouchable all tournament, apart from Eden Park, and even then the bowlers almost managed to defend 150.

I couldn't believe it, absolutely appalling! Poor Watto is going to need therapy when he ends his cricket career (if he doesn't already!).
I was looking over at the Aussie bench (who were all there together and getting ready to celebrate) when Watson came out to bat and was booed again and even though I don't have the greatest eyesight they looked really awkward.

Pretty embarrassing stuff.

I was looking over at the Aussie bench (who were all there together and getting ready to celebrate) when Watson came out to bat and was booed again and even though I don't have the greatest eyesight they looked really awkward.

Pretty embarrassing stuff.
aussie supporters can be dogs...remember when clarke got booed at the gabba? ******* disgusting

Which side was best?

2007 probably had the most rounded side, an people forget how good Brett Lee was, an that was when he was at his quickest. Pretty sure Tait playe in that one too. Great attack. Then you have matchwinners in Gilchrist, Ponting, etc

2007 probably had the most rounded side, an people forget how good Brett Lee was, an that was when he was at his quickest. Pretty sure Tait playe in that one too. Great attack. Then you have matchwinners in Gilchrist, Ponting, etc
This was 2003 but one of my favourite all-time WC memories. I remember being pretty pumped at about 1am on a school night.

2003 and 2007 sides were the best two. Personally I preferred the 2007 side (just), you had the electric pace of Tait and Lee, the control of McGrath, then the spin of Hogg.

Still think the 2015 side is good without being great, with Starc practically carrying a pretty average attack half the time, and Steve Smith carrying our batting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back