Anyone has a partner, who is a POWA SUPPORTER??

Remove this Banner Ad

Does your head in. Most women know nothing about football, compared to a lad growing up watching SANFL footy in its heydey. Most powa supporters are brainwashed.

When you combine the two, it does your head in.

So both parents Port how did you become a crows fan?

i grew up in a Port sanfl recruiting zone however found myself barracking for the bulldogs because couple of my best mates at high school followed the dogs

anyway i was invited to do pre-season for Ports u/17 however refused and lucky enough one of my good mates at the time family had a strong connection with the cdfc and the club paid a small transfer fee which allowed me to play my junior footy at the dogs

back to my parents, yes they are Port people however they wanted me to play where i would be happy and playing against Port well you grow to dislike them quickly

i grew up in a Port sanfl recruiting zone however found myself barracking for the bulldogs because couple of my best mates at high school followed the dogs

anyway i was invited to do pre-season for Ports u/17 however refused and lucky enough one of my good mates at the time family had a strong connection with the cdfc and the club paid a small transfer fee which allowed me to play my junior footy at the dogs

back to my parents, yes they are Port people however they wanted me to play where i would be happy and playing against Port well you grow to dislike them quickly
I played u/17 as well. A former crow transferred from my team to port late eighties for around 2 grand.

My missus is a PAP but supports the Crows (when not v Port) - she cannot understand why I dont reciprocate - anyway she lost a bet to me and had to register herself on BF with a good name :) ..... all I have to do now is get her to use it on the Port board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does your head in. Most women know nothing about football, compared to a lad growing up watching SANFL footy in its heydey. Most powa supporters are brainwashed.

When you combine the two, it does your head in.

Excuse me on your first point right there! Why am I not surprised to see that stereotype in this thread along with others. :rolleyes:

It was easy enough to get my GF onto the Crows. Her parents are North Melbourne fans (they were very happy about the Port Lincoln game since they live up that way) and her Aunt is a Collingwood fan, plus she doesn't care about football at all, so it's easier just to go along with what I say!

I come home all excited/disappointed from the football and she gives me a patronizing pat on the head and a "that's nice/too bad..." when I tell her what happened at the game.

Bit like this post Frogster ... verging on embarrassing. I'm supposing that you don't know any men who don't have a clue? :rolleyes:
Seriously? Of course there are plenty, but men weren't mentioned.
The reasoned I mentioned my grandma as an example is because quite often I get things like, "sloanes the new captain." (This was a week before tex was chosen.) Because she heard it on the radio.
And for the record I have 0 problems with women and footy, so don't turn this around on me. But I'm sure if you surveyed all the women in SA or Australia most women would have a clue and that's because most wouldn't follow footy.
The few females on this site go to show that there are very footy educated females around.

Last edited:
Seriously? Of course there are plenty, but men weren't mentioned.
The reasoned I mentioned my grandma as an example is because quite often I get things like, "sloanes the new captain." (This was a week before tex was chosen.) Because she heard it on the radio.
And for the record I have 0 problems with women and footy, so don't turn this around on me. But I'm sure if you surveyed all the women in SA or Australia most women would have a clue and that's because most wouldn't follow footy.
The few females on this site go to show that there are very footy educated females around.
Yeah mate - but when someone says "most women know nothing about football" and you follow up that pearl of wisdom with and example of a woman you know who is clueless ... it's a bit of a thin argument !! Not to mention that in your little defensive post above you again fall back into leaning towards the average woman knowing less about the game than the average bloke.

I thought I read that more than 50% of AFL supporters were women? Are you implying that female supporters are less knowledgeable than male supporters?

I'd be interested in what drives the argument here? ;)

Excuse me on your first point right there! Why am I not surprised to see that stereotype in this thread along with others. :rolleyes:

Is it's a stereotype if it's actually true but politically incorrect?

I don't know much about handbags, what goes with what, it's just not what I was brought up to know. Doesn't mean its wrong if a female thinks I know nothing about fashion compared to someone brought up with it. Doesn't mean Alex is on fire doesn't know either.

But what i do know is, you girls are get ripped off by hairdressers. I can go to the same place, spend the same amout of time getting my hair cut, by the same person, and pay less. You also get ripped off with clothes, but not from the footy club, male footy club. Your guernsey costs the same as anyone elses.

Is it's a stereotype if it's actually true but politically incorrect?

I don't know much about handbags, what goes with what, it's just not what I was brought up to know. Doesn't mean its wrong if a female thinks I know nothing about fashion compared to someone brought up with it. Doesn't mean Alex is on fire doesn't know either.

But what i do know is, you girls are get ripped off by hairdressers. I can go to the same place, spend the same amout of time getting my hair cut, by the same person, and pay less. You also get ripped off with clothes, but not from the footy club, male footy club. Your guernsey costs the same as anyone elses.

It's complete and utter crap because you think females weren't being brought up going to local footy games. It's a common stereotype belief that doesn't really hold up. It's believed and never asked about. Go to the SANFL now and count the number of females, there is a fair whack of them around at that level.

Who cares about hairdressers and fashion? Stick to arguing the point and not try and give me some poor little platitude that's supposed to appease me that you feel for me as a female. This is about football and your belief that females weren't brought up going to SANFL football games, therefore they don't know anything really about the game. Trust me I know a lot of guys who did go to SANFL games and still know very little about the game really.

For the record I was brought up going to SANFL games, and then country league games when we moved out to the country for a couple of years. My mother was my biggest influence growing up in my love of the game. I might argue with her about some stuff, but overall she's got one hell of a footy brain (and might just lurk and occasionally post around these parts too). Of the group (15) of us that sit together at the footy which range from age 5 and to those enjoying their retirement age, 7 are female and 6 male. There is some pretty robust footy discussions we have and the majority of us females went to/watched footy games as kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back