Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

Stupid individuals but from what I've just wiki'd Clenbuterol is a amine used by sufferers of Breathing discorders like Asthma. Without knowing too much about Thomas or Keeffe do either of them suffer from asthma?

Also a form of weight loss drug which without knowing the full story is what I'm assuming they were taken for.

To be fair to Keefe & Thomas, if you had to turn up to the club everyday and see a perfectly formed specimen like this as your coach, you'd jump on the juice too.

View attachment 119804
for me that photo belongs beside the one with Hirdy and Charters

How do some people not see the distinction between Collingwood's case and Essendon's? The Essendon players have not tested positive to any substance that are considered banned in the league. The two Collingwood players have.

The Essendon supporters are backing their club and players because it is not confirmed that they have administered/taken any substance considered to be banned by the league. The Collingwood players have, so it is obvious that the supporters are going to show the door to them.

There is a difference between the two cases.
well said.

If there were positive tests Ess supporters would have reacted just like anyone would have when faced with undeniable proof

Collingwood fans reportedly are bitterly disappointed about not being able to troll Essendon fans tomorrow.

I'm willing to make a stand and continue. I'm not throwing away years of hard work!!!!

Wikipedia: Clenbuterol is not an ingredient of any therapeutic drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration[1] and is now banned for IOC-tested athletes.[2] In the US, administration of clenbuterol to any animal that could be used as food for human consumption is banned by the FDA.

It causes an increase in aerobic capacity, central nervous system stimulation, blood pressure, and oxygen transportation. It increases the rate at which body fat is metabolized while increasing the body's BMR. It is commonly used for smooth muscle-relaxant properties as a bronchodilator and tocolytic.

Clenbuterol is also prescribed for treatment of horses, but equine use is usually the liquid form.
Clen is a commonly used body building supplement designed to get you shredded. They were most likely using the liquid veterinarian version (as its better)
That's crazy. Are they stupid

Stupid individuals but from what I've just wiki'd Clenbuterol is a amine used by sufferers of Breathing discorders like Asthma. Without knowing too much about Thomas or Keeffe do either of them suffer from asthma?

Also a form of weight loss drug which without knowing the full story is what I'm assuming they were taken for.
The small amount you need to relieve asthma won't show up in a sample. Furthermore it's not approved for human use in Australia for the treatment of asthma.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but The Age article states:

"Clenbuterol is a drug used for asthma that is also often used by body builders as a body sculpting drug that helps burn fat and build muscle. It is this effect of creating leaner meat with a higher muscle to fat ratio that has seen it used in meat production in some countries.

Famously in 2011 more than 100 Mexican footballers tested positive to the drug but were cleared after it was established the drug as used in farming in the country and was often present in meat in the country.

Spanish cyclist Alberto Contador tested positive to clenbuterol at the 2010 Tour de France but he argued that the positive result was due to contaminated meat, his appeal failed and he served a suspension."

Does anyone know if Keeffe and Thomas travelled together in the off-season, possibly to a country where Clenbuterol might have been present in the meat? That actually seems more plausible than the idea that, in the context of the Essendon scandal, two players could be stupid enough to consciously take a banned substance.

for me that photo belongs beside the one with Hirdy and Charters

Hirdy needs to find himself a better supplier to look like that. Do you even lift brah?

is this his official twitter account?

cool.

so harry O, or Heritier, is a little like PRince, or love Symbol, or The MAn Formerly Known as Prince, or Puff Daddy or P Diddy or Diddy or Sean Combs. I get it. Heritier is a superstar and can change his name and derring do in the favelas of Rio and saving gangsters in the slums and tearing doors of with his mere hands.
so I would deduce, that Harry O might once again become, The Man Formerly Known As Harry O.
#meta
#meta'O

I hope ASADA don't start blowing their own horn, bellowing that they're right on top of drugs in the AFL.

They hardly have two staff available to lick and set the stamps at the moment.
Who are you?

I haven't see you post here before?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back