WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This on wrfl website
Western Region Football League CEO Bob Tregear today corrected rumours of a move by the Sunshine Heights Football Club to Division Three.

The statement comes after a local newspaper reported that the league would consider relegating Sunshine Heights to Division Three in light of recruitment problems.

While some may believe the decision to drop the Parkside Football Club from Division One to Division Three earlier this month has set a precedent for any club struggling with numbers, Tregear reaffirmed that the current eight team fixture for the 2015 Division Three competition will not be amended.

“The Parkside decision was made after lengthy engagement with the club and the WRFL Board is comfortable with the decision in that case.

“That move was made possible because of an existing bye in the Division Three fixture.

“With round 1 less than two weeks away, it would not be possible to disrupt every other Division Three club by re-fixturing to a new key at this stage,” Tregear said.

“The league will continue to work closely with the Sunshine Heights Football Club and its committee to assist with recruitment issues, however their immediate playing future for 2015 season is in Division Two.”

Sunshine Heights will meet Glen Orden in Round 1 on April 11.

bring on round 1, 13 days to go and the topic of speech will get interesting. Can anyone name a few players from each club that may be players to keep an eye on this season?

What players are left at heights?? I've been waiting to see a lampi clearance put in as his brother has one in to leave yarraville

This on wrfl website
Western Region Football League CEO Bob Tregear today corrected rumours of a move by the Sunshine Heights Football Club to Division Three.

The statement comes after a local newspaper reported that the league would consider relegating Sunshine Heights to Division Three in light of recruitment problems.

While some may believe the decision to drop the Parkside Football Club from Division One to Division Three earlier this month has set a precedent for any club struggling with numbers, Tregear reaffirmed that the current eight team fixture for the 2015 Division Three competition will not be amended.

“The Parkside decision was made after lengthy engagement with the club and the WRFL Board is comfortable with the decision in that case.

“That move was made possible because of an existing bye in the Division Three fixture.

“With round 1 less than two weeks away, it would not be possible to disrupt every other Division Three club by re-fixturing to a new key at this stage,” Tregear said.

“The league will continue to work closely with the Sunshine Heights Football Club and its committee to assist with recruitment issues, however their immediate playing future for 2015 season is in Division Two.”

So sunshine heights approached the league in September last year when did parkside approach them at the beginning of 2014 please

This on wrfl website

No one is asking for the amendment of the 8 teams it is asking which teams make up the 8 going from has been written no body wants parkside in that division

Nath B you started out ok on here but now you just seem like a complete tosser. You can spin things any way that you like but the facts are you are in charge of a club that smashed and bullied teams for the last five seasons and when the biggest test of all was put in front of them..... Parkside well and truly took their eye off the ball, put in a few short steps and shirked the issue.

The fact that you will have enough numbers to get two teams on the park and get handed a gift by the WRFL makes me sick. Glenorden, West Footscray, Sunshine Heights, Seddon Yarraville, North footscray and most of all North Sunshine were all tested the same as your club and put their heads down, worked as hard as they could and copped the beatings that came their way. None of these clubs shirked the issue like Parkside. I hope you get smashed every week in Division three you deserve it. You no longer have any respect in the WRFL.

Give me a break mate... I said we would endeavor to have a 2s side, blokes would back up if needed... Imagine the uproar if we didn't field 2 sides in d3 and we ruined a reserves grade...?

Why isn't the focus on round 1 still? My mind is shifted from D1, 2 or 3... I'm kind of focussed on not only mine but the lads footy and hitting round 1 at full tilt..

We can make you sick, you can hang sh*t on me all you want but at the end of the day WE have reasons, the league agreed that it worked & were playing the hand we've been dealt.... MOVE ON and make sure you buy a few beers when your at the club!

So again i ask how did you get to div3 if you go by by performance and sustainability l am sure your club will have more success than heights so where is the justification heights on div2 parkside div3 if the local football community does not send a clear msg to the league we will as a group of clubs be bullied

As a group of clubs, create a business model that cuts out the need for the league to even have a div3 comp... Were working to be outta there as quickly as possible!

I'm sorry our clubs plans didn't suit yours but we're in the correct place for our club to rebuild.

Mo
Give me a break mate... I said we would endeavor to have a 2s side, blokes would back up if needed... Imagine the uproar if we didn't field 2 sides in d3 and we ruined a reserves grade...?

Why isn't the focus on round 1 still? My mind is shifted from D1, 2 or 3... I'm kind of focussed on not only mine but the lads footy and hitting round 1 at full tilt..

We can make you sick, you can hang sh*t on me all you want but at the end of the day WE have reasons, the league agreed that it worked & were playing the hand we've been dealt.... MOVE ON and make sure you buy a few beers when your at the club!
most blokes will avoid buying a beer from your club now, it's very pity, but it's true.. They will probably leave there empty stubbies and cans around the ground and ruin the atmosphere of parking around the ground..

I was there that night, I didn't play but watched I didn't count head for head but was told/from what I saw it was close to 50. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not "MAKING" up numbers!
Fair enough but your numbers were wrong. Might have been 50 including past players and supporters, but my numbers are accurate.

In regards to how early the league knew about our situation, as GBF50 has stated, they knew in September and we were told that Div 3 was not an option. We busted our ass and copped it sweet, but then when we heard about Parkside there were a few jaws hitting the ground.

Mo
most blokes will avoid buying a beer from your club now, it's very pity, but it's true.. They will probably leave there empty stubbies and cans around the ground and ruin the atmosphere of parking around the ground..

It just goes to show the attitudes of many blokes in local footy.. if it doesn't make their life easier, they crack it! I'm 100%sure the dedicated lads still at Parkside will buy a beer at your clubs and contribute to the future success

It just goes to show the attitudes of many blokes in local footy.. if it doesn't make their life easier, they crack it! I'm 100%sure the dedicated lads still at Parkside will buy a beer at your clubs and contribute to the future success
And I'm sure the blokes down at braybrook will buy a beer at yours, or about 10 each like every other year...haha

Is that the same attitude Parkside had about competing in Div 1?
It didn't make like easier so they cracked it and spoked to go Div 3...not even Div 2

Braybrook should have gone up to Div 2 when they won the Div 3 flag last year (thats how it works) but lets stop and think about this properly for a minute.

I read an article in the Leader newspaper for western suburbs last week and Dalas Smith made a comment saying Braybrook isnt a div 3 side and they are going to strive to get to Div 2 this year. This had me in stitches.

Braybrook have only just paid players for last season now, they had players doubling up in the practice game at the weekend - suggesting poor numbers and are clutching at straws by making it difficult for any player to get a clearance from there - including Charenko. I understand he signed a 2 year contract HOWEVER a breach occured when Braybrook failed to pay him as per his contract for 2014. I'm sick of everyone saying that because Braybrook eventually paid him there was no breach! Are you serious or what? I am betting his contract DIDNT state he would be paid in the 2015 season for his 2014 efforts. Based on Braybrook's INABILITY to be reliable with their payments in 2014 should make his contract null and void for the 2015 season. This would be a SERIOUS concern to anyone and should he wish to pursue his clearance, he should be cleared.

So back to what I read in the Leader: Dalas Smith and his readiness to progress through to Div 2. LOL
Braybrook don't have the skills or the money to get skills to be a competitive Div 2 side. They need to stop paying ridiculous prices to players - lets be real - no player in a Div 3 side should be on big $$ and start getting a decent amount in the bank. Last season they didnt pay players until the start of the 2015 season, conveniently after the Deer Park Club sponsorship signing - anything suss? Who knows? Why didnt they just pay players what the were owed at the end of last season? Lack of funds - its that simple!!!
So for Dalas to say they are ready to go up to Div 2 seriously gave me a laugh - I know all clubs have high hopes and its healthy to have ambition within the club however this statement was SO over the top to say the least. I know with Braybrook's team from last season they could win the flag again BUT, alot of decent players left and I dont feel Div 2 is the right placing for Braybrook at this point. Financially it doesnt make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan mate as you are a coach I suggest you get off here now

YOUR CLUBS PLAYERS JUST CRACKED IT BECAUSE IT WASNT EASIER ANYMORE AND WALKED OUT

You are now just feeding the fire mate

Your clubs plan was scrapped a month ago which is why you are in div 3 now so stop saying this is where you belong.

You belong in div 1 where your club win the right to be and only are not because of weak willed players that took their money and ran and by extension the coaches and board that paid them.

Your plan B is now in operation or are you saying that winning div 2 then throwing the toys out of the cot was plan A?

Mo
That would be sadder reflection on them than Parkside IF they were to do that... Good quality to have!

Braybrook should have gone up to Div 2 when they won the Div 3 flag last year (thats how it works) but lets stop and think about this properly for a minute.

I read an article in the Leader newspaper for western suburbs last week and Dalas Smith made a comment saying Braybrook isnt a div 3 side and they are going to strive to get to Div 2 this year. This had me in stitches.

Braybrook have only just paid players for last season now, they had players doubling up in the practice game at the weekend - suggesting poor numbers and are clutching at straws by making it difficult for any player to get a clearance from there - including Charenko. I understand he signed a 2 year contract HOWEVER a breach occured when Braybrook failed to pay him as per his contract for 2014. I'm sick of everyone saying that because Braybrook eventually paid him there was no breach! Are you serious or what? I am betting his contract DIDNT state he would be paid in the 2015 season for his 2014 efforts. Based on Braybrook's INABILITY to be reliable with their payments in 2014 should make his contract null and void for the 2015 season. This would be a SERIOUS concern to anyone and should he wish to pursue his clearance, he should be cleared.

So back to what I read in the Leader: Dalas Smith and his readiness to progress through to Div 2. LOL
Braybrook don't have the skills or the money to get skills to be a competitive Div 2 side. They need to stop paying ridiculous prices to players - lets be real - no player in a Div 3 side should be on big $$ and start getting a decent amount in the bank. Last season they didnt pay players until the start of the 2015 season, conveniently after the Deer Park Club sponsorship signing - anything suss? Who knows? Why didnt they just pay players what the were owed at the end of last season? Lack of funds - its that simple!!!
So for Dalas to say they are ready to go up to Div 2 seriously gave me a laugh - I know all clubs have high hopes and its healthy to have ambition within the club however this statement was SO over the top to say the least. I know with Braybrook's team from last season they could win the flag again BUT, alot of decent players left and I dont feel Div 2 is the right placing for Braybrook at this point. Financially it doesnt make sense.
Are you an ex braybrook player mr whippy?? Know a lot about them??

You were not "dealt a hand". That makes it sound like you are in this position because of others outside your club. I cant have a Beer with you as my club (who finished last in Div 2 last year) didnt get a spot in the "development league "

Ok lets move on to round 1. Here is a coaching scenario for you.....

There is 10 minutes to go in the game Round 1. Karim collects the ball on the wing takes 2 bounces and slots his 3rd goal for the day to put the Cobras 15 points up. As a coach you look at the magnet board and around the field to see where you can get that extra edge to get you back in the game. All of a sudden you see 18 blokes walking towards the bench. You are confused. They get over to you and you ask whats going on.

"Coach we thought we would have an easy win today but its looks like it's going to be tough from here. We don't want to have to work hard and dig in to get a win. We checked the fixture and we know we have Laverton next week so we'll be good for that but we'll just just pack it in for today. "

What do you do in this situation??

You were not "dealt a hand". That makes it sound like you are in this position because of others outside your club. I cant have a Beer with you as my club (who finished last in Div 2 last year) didnt get a spot in the "development league "

Ok lets move on to round 1. Here is a coaching scenario for you.....

There is 10 minutes to go in the game Round 1. Karim collects the ball on the wing takes 2 bounces and slots his 3rd goal for the day to put the Cobras 15 points up. As a coach you look at the magnet board and around the field to see where you can get that extra edge to get you back in the game. All of a sudden you see 18 blokes walking towards the bench. You are confused. They get over to you and you ask whats going on.

"Coach we thought we would have an easy win today but its looks like it's going to be tough from here. We don't want to have to work hard and dig in to get a win. We checked the fixture and we know we have Laverton next week so we'll be good for that but we'll just just pack it in for today. "

What do you do in this situation??

Sell me short there gbf50 would probably have 5 for the day :p. Don't know about the 2 bounces though lol

I think you will find this is not a player thing and a few of them bump into each other when they are out
and have a drink with each other regardless what division they play in this is purely manipulation by the club and league of course players will go and have a beer how narrow minded do you they are

maybe the easiest solution is combined div 2 and div 3 again

Albanvale average losing margin versus Div 2 teams in 2014 = 107 points
Braybrook = 127
Sanctuary Lakes = 93
Laverton = 154
North Sunshine = 188
Tarneit = 209

Not a chance. Although some Div 3 teams look likely to improve, and that some Div 2 teams aren't (seemingly) as good as last year, the difference between the two divisions is far too vast for it to be 'the easiest solution'.

The league was first approached in September last year. Just prior to us holding a special meeting with all past and current club members. The meeting with the league was to get some clarity on what options we had moving forward. We suggested that a move to Division three would assist in recruitin and hanging on to players. At that point the league was 100% clear and certain that this option was not possible at all.
Mmmm interesting and here l was thinking my informant was leading up a garden path....lol
Ps and for what's it's worth gbf50 the wrfl should allow you to drop back just like they allowed Parkside
Think my original email was spot on wouldn't you agree?

Nathan mate as you are a coach I suggest you get off here now

YOUR CLUBS PLAYERS JUST CRACKED IT BECAUSE IT WASNT EASIER ANYMORE AND WALKED OUT

You are now just feeding the fire mate

Your clubs plan was scrapped a month ago which is why you are in div 3 now so stop saying this is where you belong.

You belong in div 1 where your club win the right to be and only are not because of weak willed players that took their money and ran and by extension the coaches and board that paid them.

Your plan B is now in operation or are you saying that winning div 2 then throwing the toys out of the cot was plan A?

At the end of the day I am at the club (2 weeks now so not a lot of control over previous issues) I've built a fairly decent list of seniors and were working to ensure we have a reserves side too.

If anyone has issues with the decision to play us in d3 it's great to read but a waste of typing, decision made game on..

We've got a good side lined up, I'm keen for round 1 and I wanna go through the year winning games and building to d2. Pop in after a game, introduce yourselves and have a beer - footy needs a positive community not a bunch of keyboard warriors sniping across towns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back