2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, and we have picked up Dillion from PBC, whom is a good player .,[/LY

Apparently we have recruited a player by the name of Clay Molscher- Thomas from the Ovens and Murray comp. He is only 19 or so, and has been playing at senior level in this strong comp... all going well, he may be a good recruit for us at Broady.

Fringe player for North Albury Hoppers, played under Aker in 2014.

Should be a useful recruit at this level - given he played regular senior footy in the O&M as a youngster.

Agree, and we have picked up Dillion from PBC, whom is a good player .,

What's going on there?

Magpies, palmy now broady in last 4 years?

Be fair to say pbc and broady wouldn't be showing their full cards this weekend before they square off in round 1

Anyone watch some footy yesterday? I saw broady v pbc. Scrappy game but it was windy and a first hit out so the style of play predictable.

Both sides would be happy enough. Cats got up by a couple of goals and probably played the better footy on the day. I'm sure both teams will line up differently come round 1. Cats got smashed by palmy 3 times last year so no doubt the games this year will be more competitive

qafl play vic metro this year in the rep game. that's comps like northern football league. i think is the strongest down there, essendon district, southern and western region and eastern football league

Some very very strong footy comps there Damo - a bucketload of $$ paid as well. The eastern footy league, Essendon district and northern the strongest in no particular order. Will be a good game v NEAFL I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panthers too good today. The pressure they put on for a practice game was very good. This caused the cats to have the fumbles and turn it over. With a number of new faces and a wash out last week broady hopefully with a fair bit of upside left in them as the boys get used to playing with each other.

Tomlinson just keeps doing it, quality player. Nash bog imo.

Good to have footy back. I heard lab comfortable win v pbc.

Any other results of trials?

Couldn't make it to Yeronga so thought I would go and have a look at the tigers play Palm Beach. Tigers looked very good well drilled and I didn't even recognize half the side. Derrick, Asky, Bryant and Emblem played well for Palmy. Tigers won by about 13 goals in the end.

UQ losing to Mayne not a great results for the QAFL. Shouldn't be happening regardless of what time of the year it is.

I went and watched the Mt Gravatt v Noosa game on Saturday. You could see the difference in class between the two sides. Mt Gravatt looked to be a very young side so I am assuming there were a bunch of ressies players in there having a run. Mt Gravatt's ball movement was very good, and they looked to move it very quickly. Copeland and Maloney got their hands on the footy a heap, and their team-mates really looked to use them at every opportunity. Unfortunately the game was cut short with what looked like a bad head injury to a Noosa player, so hoping he is ok.

I went and watched the Mt Gravatt v Noosa game on Saturday. You could see the difference in class between the two sides. Mt Gravatt looked to be a very young side so I am assuming there were a bunch of ressies players in there having a run. Mt Gravatt's ball movement was very good, and they looked to move it very quickly. Copeland and Maloney got their hands on the footy a heap, and their team-mates really looked to use them at every opportunity. Unfortunately the game was cut short with what looked like a bad head injury to a Noosa player, so hoping he is ok.
Mr nut, all this banter over all this time, you could have said hello after the two's game the young lad in question will be up and about for round one. Noosa was under manned themselves (captain and vice Captains) plus acouple of others that are at the age and skill where practise matches Arnt a requirement anymore, good to get the run and see where we are at.

Mr nut, all this banter over all this time, you could have said hello after the two's game the young lad in question will be up and about for round one. Noosa was under manned themselves (captain and vice Captains) plus acouple of others that are at the age and skill where practise matches Arnt a requirement anymore, good to get the run and see where we are at.

Haha, old Swampy. Would have loved to. Good to hear that he is ok. Certainly looked bad at the time. So I'm taking it that your signature is no longer applicable ??

Better than Sandgate, UQ and Surfers I would think (with best 22), west magpies would be in strife too. They have some seriously good top end talent. Their magoos got toweled up by UQ so maybe depth would be an issue? Not sure why people believe though that a comp above must have every side better than the best side in the comp below - just doesn't happen at local level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back