Game Day Round 1: Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns MCG , 1:40pm AEDT Saturday, April 4, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be amused if the game started with Watts at half-forward and Hogan at full-forward. Would just be a very interesting turn of events. If both those players played to potential they'd be such a dynamic pairing in a few years.

Both have excellent foot skills so if they could form a bond they'll be able to feed each other a lot

B - Jetta Dunn Garland
HB - Grimes Tmac Salem
C - Lumumba Tyson Vince
HF - Kent Hogan Watts
F - Garlett Frost JKH
R - Jamar Jones Viney
IC - Gawn Howe Newton Cross

Although I have them on the ground I'm thinking Kent or JKH will get the Sub vest.
I also have a feeling M Jones or Bail will get a game for some extra pace through the middle. Vandenberg will also be a chance.

Hopefully Kent gets the sub vest, not because he's out 22nd player but because he's coming back from a slight injury and has the ability to act as that elusive 'impact player,' in the latter stages of the game.

Hopefully Kent gets the sub vest, not because he's out 22nd player but because he's coming back from a slight injury and has the ability to act as that elusive 'impact player,' in the latter stages of the game.
Kent is probably my favourite dees player but I do agree he would make a great sub

Seen a lot of peeps putting Frost in the forward line. I know Dawes is out for Round 1 but do we really need him there? Did we recruit him to play there? With Hogan and Watts, plus a resting Gawn or Jamar, that's probably tall enough.

I'd probably prefer him to play VFL, in defence, breathing down Garland's neck for his spot.

Seen a lot of peeps putting Frost in the forward line. I know Dawes is out for Round 1 but do we really need him there? Did we recruit him to play there? With Hogan and Watts, plus a resting Gawn or Jamar, that's probably tall enough.

I'd probably prefer him to play VFL, in defence, breathing down Garland's neck for his spot.

I don't think anyone here wants frost to play forward , but after 3 games forward in the nab and Dawes suspension I expect him to start forward

I'd prefer him back but he is extremely similar to Tmac

Yeah he's got very little in the way of skill and has no idea how to play forward. Pressure was nice but he was constantly drawing his man into contests he couldn't win.

I'd rather Frost play in the backline - instead of Garland.

Im a big fan of gawn. I thought once he was over his injuries, he could really statr monstering undersized backs, and be capable on the ball. What ie seen this preseason is very underwhealming.
We cant keep going into matches with too many talls. I hope now that Garlett is here, will change the selection mindset of the past.
Gawny you have too pull the finger out mate

Last edited:
B. Grimes Dunn Jetta
HB. Salem TMac Frost
C. Lamumba Jones Vince
HF. Kent Pedo Watts
F. Garlett Hogan JKH

R. Jamar Tyson Newton

IC. Viney, Vandenberg, Cross
Sub: Brayshaw

I think that's a pretty strong team that will account for GC on Saturday. Two question marks:
- is Vince fit enough? I think probably not so maybe change him with Cross
- is Grimes going to butcher the ball? Hopefully not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B. Grimes Dunn Jetta
HB. Salem TMac Frost
C. Lamumba Jones Vince
HF. Kent Pedo Watts
F. Garlett Hogan JKH

R. Jamar Tyson Newton

I think that's a pretty strong team that will account for GC on Saturday. Two question marks:
Swap Jamar out for Spencer and I think you've nailed it... :p

I think with Dawes out it will be Pedersen or Frost playing forward. Going by pre season I think Frost will get the gig. He will I think play more back though. But good he can pinch hit forward.

Who did I bet the BF membership with that we will win this weekend? Was it Tulip?
That was me, I think.

Anyone know where the actual post is by chance?

Just taking a quick peek at the Sun's board they've pretty much labelled themselves a sure thing..
They probably aren't far off it to be honest. If GAJ and O'Meara play they will be, but even without them they've got plenty of gun mids, a solid backline and enough good forwards to put us away.
This isn't to say I think we're no chance, but the Suns should be seen as strong favourites.

They probably aren't far off it to be honest. If GAJ and O'Meara play they will be, but even without them they've got plenty of gun mids, a solid backline and enough good forwards to put us away.
This isn't to say I think we're no chance, but the Suns should be seen as strong favourites.

TBF they're not saying they'll smash us either. It's pretty much optimism and 'we're better than them'; which is fair enough, all things considered.

They're are missing a lot of fire power up forward.

Not the forgone conclusion that people think, we are in with a shot.

They'll win but we'll make them earn it and give them a fright.

They're are missing a lot of fire power up forward.

Not the forgone conclusion that people think, we are in with a shot.

They'll win but we'll make them earn it and give them a fright.
Yeah the Suns midfield is to be feared but I just don't see THAT much talent elsewhere. They're promising, sure, but we should go in thinking we're a red hot chance.

B. Grimes Dunn Jetta
HB. Salem TMac Frost
C. Lamumba Jones Vince
HF. Kent Pedo Watts
F. Garlett Hogan JKH

R. Jamar Tyson Newton

Is this a trick question?

I wonder how much media attention GCS will get if they lose to Melbourne. I am pretty sure it will get more than us winning. This is their 5th year (I think) and they should be turning in some big results.

It is going to be a cracking season, I think Melbourne will improve in the wins column but will end up around the same position on the ladder. The difference between all of the teams has narrowed and I think this will be one of the better seasons in year. I can't wait. Bring on Saturday. Hopefully the boys can put together 4 quarters and we see a cracking game. I hope the boys restrict Ablett too. I (like a few) believe he is too under done and will hopefully decrease his SuperCoach points. If he plays up forward, I would assume Grimes (similar size with a bit more hair and a lot less talent) will pick him up in the forward line.

Bring it on.

BTW, I think Brayshaw will play. Pedo won't as he clearly wasn't favored during NAB (unless he was injured, but I didn't hear anything like that). Frost will play up forward with Hogan and will hopefully leave the third tall for Watts to play on and run. Lumumba (Is it still okay to call him Harry O, it was easier to say/write) will run rampant hopefully and pick up 30+. I don't see Howe and Vince playing. Taking two players coming back from injury in to a game is a bit risky and I think they will want Howe to take a few hangers in VFL before coming in to AFL. So I think Vince will play. Vandenberg I think should get a run, but they still haven't announced any rookie upgrades yet, so maybe he might have to have a couple more weeks in VFL. Garland should get a game, but I think he really needs to lift and start taking the game on a lot more. Toumpas will get a game I think purely as he has been pretty consistent (I don't know if that is in a bad or a good way) in the pre-season and it is now or never for him. So to summarise, here it is:

Grimes Dunn Garland
Jetta McDonald Salem
Lumumba N.Jones Tyson
Watts Frost Vince
Garlett Hogan JKH
Jamar Cross Viney
I/C Brayshaw Toumpas Gawn Sub: Bail/Vandenberg/Newton (I hope Vandenberg the Ainslie boy)

I think this is the first time in a long time it has been hard to pick a side. Roosy must be doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back