Fantasy 2015 BigFooty Mock Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 43 Cleveland Browns

Danielle Hunter - Outside Linebacker - LSU

WSH-Draft-1-Danielle-Hunter.jpg

I was really hoping Eli Harold would still be here, he was the other guy I was considering with my first round pick, but I figured he'd be gone. I'm straying just slightly from my board for this pick though.

Danielle Hunter is pretty much Barkevious Mingo. Just significantly cheaper. And while Mingo hasn't received a lot of love in his first two years in the league, I'd be happy to have another one. With Hunter, I see almost a blank slate - and a really athletic one at that. We need to add size, speed and versatility to our linebackers. Best case, he could be a star. Worst case, he'll be a solid rotational player. While other players have had more college production, I think Hunter has the better NFL prospects. I read that he has a 'high floor and a high ceiling' which pretty much sums it up for me.

Shermy

Pick 44 New Orleans Aints *all my draft stuff is at home so this may be a terrible selection

Jaelen Strong - WR - Arizona State
Jaelen+Wisky.JPG

With Jimmy and Stills gone, it felt right to add some receiving talent.

Sven you are up.

The Vikings continue to upgrade their defence with pick 45 of the draft and take:
Carl Davis - DT - Iowa

The Vikings got great production out of free agent pickup Linval Joseph in 2014, but their run defence was not up to NFL standard. AT 6'5" and 320lbs, Davis is the kind of guy that you can plug in on rushing downs as a space eater and see if he can provide any kind of reliable pass rush. Joseph would be an easy cut in 2016 if Davis proves he is a 3 down DT (which I think he can), otherwise he would be a great rotational guy at NT.

TennisPlayerAndy

With Pick 47 the Miami Dolphins select:

Denzel Perryman - ILB - Miami (Fla.)
6_3085783.jpg

Plenty of different ways that you could go with the Dolphins, mainly on defence, but also offence. At this point, I'm going with one of the top players left on my board. He also manages to fit a need and is also a product the local Miami U. Perryman will give an added bit of aggression behind Suh in that Miami defence.

The talk is the coaches plan on leaving Koa Misi at ILB, but with Perryman on the board I think the better option is to take him and move Misi back to SAM, with Jenkins on the other side.

GeeCats07 you're up.

WITH PICK 48 THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS SELECT:

AJ CANN, GUARD, SOUTH CAROLINA

It's almost best player available again for the Chargers, and it's at a position they need. The interior line is a bit dicey and Cann is one of the premier interior linemen in the draft. Has the athleticism and nouse to be an instant starter and continually improve.

TheGreatBarryB is on the clock

With pick 49 Kansas City Chiefs select.....

Devin Smith WR Ohio State

Pretty obvious. need for the Chiefs even with Maclin signing. Zero TDs for receivers last season. Would have liked a nice big 3-4 DL but most of the good ones that I'm familiar with are already gone.

Pick 50 - Buffalo Bills

STEPHONE ANTHONY, ILB, CLEMSON

clemson-linebacker-stephone-anthony.jpg

After having no first round selection due to last year's trade to nab fellow Clemson alumni, Sammy Watkins, the Buffalo Bills beef up their linebacking corp in anticipation for a switch to Rex Ryan's 3-4 defence.

Apart from the re-signing of Jerry Hughes, the defence has been seen as a second priority behind addressing offensive needs, hence the Bills using their first pick in the draft on a linebacker who is strong at the point of attack, has the speed to get from sideline to sideline and the natural aggression for his position. Stephone is also handy in pass coverage and has potential to be a three down linebacker. He will compliment veteran Nigel Bradham and 2014 third round surprise Preston Brown in a young, aggressive LB group that can run riot behind a sublime defensive front.

bgt2110 is on the clock, sorry for the wait mate.

Pick 51....HOUSTON TEXANS select :

Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF

6'2
212 lbs

perri.jpg

Improved his draft stock by running a 4.25 second 40 yard dash at his pro day and will hopefully be somewhat of a replacement for Andre Johnson. Great size and speed, projected 1st round pick. Very happy for Houston to pick up this guy at # 51.

Dixie Flatline think your doing the eagles ?

Last edited:
Eagles select Nelson Agholor - WR - USC

ncf_g_agholor_gb1_576.jpg

The Eagles saw Jeremy Maclin take the money on offer from Kansas City and leave, only a season removed from DeSean Jackson being removed from the roster by Chip Kelly. Therefore, with Jordan Matthews now the no. 1 receiver in the City of Brotherly Love, the Eagles probably need to select a wide receiver reasonably high in the draft to bolster a depth chart that (besides Matthews) includes Riley Cooper and Josh Huff.

Agholor isn't a player that will wow people when looking at the tape, nor his Combine numbers. Rather, Agholor demonstrated that he has the ability to run routes based on his work within the pro-style offence USC tends to operate and to accumulate catches and yards primarily out of the slot. Indeed, when looking at Agholor's measurables he compares reasonably favourably with Maclin.

Agholor is an athletic pass catcher with the capacity to make sharp cuts before and after the catch, but Agholor's speed is lacking. He also has questionable ball-skills, with the tape revealing his predilection for double catches and focus drops. He also tends to run into his own blockers from time to time, limiting his capacity to reap yards after the catch. While willing, he isn't a polished blocker.

Agholor offers extra value to the Eagles as a punt returner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Via fuey, the Bengals select Cedric Ogbuehi - OT - Texas A & M

Cedric-Ogbuehi-Mark-J.-Rebilas-USA-TODAY-Sports1.jpg

Ogbuehi measured in at 6'5" and 306lb at the Combine, and recorded 23 reps on the 225lb bench press. He didn't run a 40 yard dash or any of the agility drills at the Combine.

Ogbuehi looks the part of a possible NFL pro bowl tackle with broad shoulders, a trim middle and an excellent first step quickness and lateral agility. He is light on his feet and can adjust in space when run blocking, but he also possesses the ability to recover quickly if he's beaten off the snap by his man. Ogbuehi started for the Aggies at right guard and then was shifted to right tackle when Jake Matthews was moved from right tackle to left tackle to fill in for the drafted Luke Joeckel.

However, Ogbuehi's history shows up some red flags in terms of injury. He didn't participate in the speed or agility drills at the Combine or the Aggies' pro day due a torn ACL that he's still rehabbing and he also has suffered a significant ankle injury that caused him to miss a month of football. The ACL tear means that Ogbuehi will probably not be ready for training camp in the summer.

Ogbuehi is probably a better run blocker than a pass blocker at this stage, given that his technique isn't yet very strong in terms of pass blocking. He was one of the SEC "leaders" in sacks allowed. The Bengals will need to improve his pass blocking technique and to work on his core strength to improve his capacity to drop the anchor in pass protection against NFL pass rushers.

Broken on the clock.

CWV1NrN.gif
ROUND 2, PICK 22 (54th overall) - ALEX CARTER, CB, STANFORD

8207247.jpg

While not as glaring an area of need as others, the Lions still need some CB improvement. With only 3 picks in the first 5 rounds it will be crucial for the Lions to draft ready made players who will help the team for many years to come. With Carter still on the board I felt he was the best available for the Lions at this time as he will help the Lions in part this season, but also for many seasons to come.

If he has as long and solid a career as his father (ex-Bears/Redskins CB Tom Carter) the Lions will get a handy player.

Carter is a strong 6 foot CB who has a good eye for the ball, plays aggressively and isn't afraid to make a tackle. Can be a bit too hands on at times and can be exposed in man coverage, but with a year or two playing and learning behind Rashead Mathis he should be a solid starter for the Lions for many years.

Shade and the Cardinals are on the clock

With the 56th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

OLB Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville

usa-today-8109824.0.jpg

At 6' 4" 259lb, is a Steeler calibre OLB.. Known for strong mental makeup, Mauldin is expected to check all of the character boxes, according to scouts. Productive pass rusher with a knack for beating tackles inside. Finds the ball quickly and chases against the run. Very active, productive collegiate player.

Confident and tough with high football character. Gives second effort and doesn't quit on plays. Arm over can make tackles look foolish in pass rush. Productive and active against the run. Has good awareness and will get hands in the passing lanes when his rush stalls out. Straight-line burst upfield to quarterback when he has him in sights. Can stick a foot in the ground and change direction quickly to beat tackles inside.

Bucking Beads

With pick 57 The Carolina Panthers select Ty Sambrailo-Colorado State

TSambrailo.jpg

This is a bit of a reach but the offensive line needs to be sorted before Cam Newton gets destroyed. Sambrailo fits the left tackle need really well for the Panthers with his athleticism being his greatest strength at this stage. He has plenty to work on but the building blocks are there.

Pies_10 OTC

With the 60th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select, cornerback, (BigFooty: "Great, is he really taking Page from Boise State????")

From the University of Oregon

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

131129.RJK_.OEM_.FBC_.OregonState.0673-980x653.jpg

larkis

Indianapolis Colts pick Reese Dismukes - C - Auburn

Most reliable Center left on the board. Only issue is his size however he has all the fundamentals that can lead to a long career.

aussiedude

With the 63rd pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select Tre’ Jackson- OL- Florida State

Tre-Jackson.jpg

A lot of people have us going defence with this pick but our o-line has been quite poor the past couple of seasons- especially when our starters have been injured. With the departure of James Carpenter, we are just too thin at guard to ignore it. Jackson is the best guard available at this stage.

Monocle and the New England Patriots are on the clock.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back