Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
https://www.facebook.com/jailnotbail

This page is about sending a strong message to the Victorian Government that we have had enough of soft sentences and pathetic bail conditions

rallying for a safe city. People have a basic right to feel safe in any environment they are in. We are rallying for the judiciary to do their job and support the people not the perpetrators! These people should not be on the streets. We are rallying for the victims and their families who are devastated that their loved ones are gone WHY??? We need change now!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1377376352569125/

Rally to Parliament House. Marshall at Treasury Gardens at 11am and walk to Parliament House by 12 noon

Gaols are full from us being one of the biggest consumers of illicit drugs planet wide. Are you willing to pay more taxes so more gaols can be built?
No some drugs should be legal and taxed by the governent to punish real criminals.

the rally's call is too simplistic.

I'm the first to put my hand up and say Juridical system in this country needs major overall.
but larger bail amounts and longer sentences aren't going to do anything.
seems to the first step in heading towards the primitive penal system they have in the US.
what's next a 3 strike rule?

If you want my support come up with viable solutions don't rehash old failed attempts to solve crime that have already been attempted else where.

Best wishes for the rally.

I also suggest some fact-finding, the Victorian state government did some research a few years ago with respect to sentencing for different crimes. Turned out, somewhat surprisingly, that the average sentence lengths that Victorians deemed acceptable was lower than what was being dished out, on average.

The research may well have included some loaded questions though. One thing for sure, we do constantly hear stories about repeat offenders that show no real remorse who do not get punished adequately. Or more to the point, the public is not protected from them adequately. If indefinite incarceration is not an option, do we look at stronger, permanent parole initiatives including thinks like ankle bracelets?

Gaols are full from us being one of the biggest consumers of illicit drugs planet wide. Are you willing to pay more taxes so more gaols can be built?
Let all the druggies out of jail who have not committed violent crimes or armed hold ups to obtain drugs. Legalise drugs and regulate, tax it. The war on drugs is a failure and the kingpins (elements in govt, CIA, etc) always get away with it. Jail murderers for life. Jail hardcore pedophiles for life. Jail rapists for life if it is clear cut. No one with unpaid fines should be in jail. Garnish their wages or welfare payments if necessary.

People with faulty indicators, headlights, blown bulbs, etc should not be fined for their first offence. Warnings should be given and then the person should have to prove that the fault has been fixed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back