Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting argument, don't like the chances of it getting up.
I would try the Richard Gasquet defence, he had a great backhand.

but you need to tweak it for some menage a trois minge spit roast and the st kilda schoolgirl is trying to lose weight on clen.

i would buy that.

I've only read the first page, but Bombers supporters sure are putting the boot in to players from other clubs accused of using PEDs.
It makes one wonder what their attitude would have been if it were any club other then their own walking in their footsteps.

One can only hope that tomorrow bring what's coming to their own team of drug cheating campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I sit here in Belfast happily drinking pints two doors up from the site of one of Stevie "Top Gun" McKeag's most vile massacres, blackcat I can only speculate at the forlorn figure Robbo will cut in the Men's Gallery tomorrow night, stabbing out the sad news of his beloved Bombers having been labelled forever more the greatest cheats in the history of the game.

No endless drink card, nor the gently swaying assets of a girl from Keysborough "called" Krystal will assauge his pain.

Poor Robbo. He's the biggest victim in this all.

Been SO BRAVE.

#standbyrobbo

This will be a meltdown either way. Clenbuterol in sample b is going to end their careers unless they claim contamination from meat sources or an asthma inhaler is doubtful. I think this initially seems more clear cut than a pain killer potentially. We will see anyway what the asada outcome is soon enough.

that's the theory, or one of them, clen is used in livestock in Aus and NZ, a mistake by a farmer to send one off to be prodded earlier than it should be
This little theory didn't work for Alberto Contador and he hasn't been the same rider since, it isn't going to work for these two that's for sure.

I've only read the first page, but Bombers supporters sure are putting the boot in to players from other clubs accused of using PEDs.
It makes one wonder what their attitude would have been if it were any club other then their own walking in their footsteps.

One can only hope that tomorrow bring what's coming to their own team of drug cheating campaigners.
fails drug test = accused of using peds
no failed drug test = team of drug cheating campaigners
only on bigfooty folks :D:D:D

I would have thought that players on an overseas training / bonding trip would eat together, not go out on their own or in pairs for dinner.

I think it is unlikely that contamination through meat is the problem here.

What I would be interested in seeing, is when players would use these types of drugs. From the little I have read it is used by body builders to get cut, and there has also been stuff about its effects on the respiratory system to, seemingly, allow more oxygen into the blood. Do players use it before intensive training sessions? Is it something used in a rest period after an intensive session?

This may have been asked and answered already in this thread but does anyone know who else was drug tested when these two got tested? Were they the only ones? If something untoward went down at the NZ training camp across the team, it would have been picked up in the samples of others.

Also will depend on the levels. Clenbuterol only stays in the system for approx. 4 days and so if the levels were high, more than likely was taken back in Melbourne. Low levels and it's a toss of the coin.

I go the other way, sport and doping go together like hookers and coke, and sometimes they get caught.

Pert's line about asada testers turning up on their door was interesting, target testing? Tip off?

Ok so looks like they were targeted. Interesting.

Last edited:
Clen is used as a cutting agent for Cocaine, all night on 6pr Brad Hardie has been referring to a scenario that the lawyers won't let him say.

Me thinks that the above is the scenario he can't mention.

The possibility is that the players unwittingly took it.

At this stage it is just a rumour

Ahh. Hair sample will detect the cocaine

Clenbuterol is not a cutting agent for Cocaine. It is however for another "harder" drug.

Look at the number of athletes that have been suspended for using clenbuterol as a PED. While the notion of drug use is also a viable option to simply say you don't think athletes would use banned substances to improve performance is naive.

I wonder if the 2 also received a strike for the test as it appears cocaine would be picked up on the same test.

http://www.asada.gov.au/publication...e_120110_Kane_Goodwin_clenbuterol_cocaine.pdf

I could well be wrong based on that.

Interesting times.

Last edited:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/collingwood-players-and-peds.1091475/page-3#post-37656491

If it was in coke and they took it unwittingly and can prove it, it is only one strike ;)

fascinating scenario

It may be one strike against the AFL policy but ASADA don't give a s**t about that. Matua was done and dusted for 2 years up here in Sydney and he claims he took it through "party drugs".

Well put it this way-anyone can take a seriously performance enhancing drug and then say-Oh actually it was cocaine I took and unfortunately it was cut with the Ped.
And ASADA/WADA say no worries. A warning this time.
Not buying it for a minute!

And they won't. No chance given their stance with the NRL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back