Save the Date - March 31

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively, does ASADA really believe this? As Gillon said last week, no one knows what Essendon were given, so how do we know they were given a banned substance. The doubt in this case is sufficient to let the players off.
Is that you Chip? Or RoCo? Or Gil himself?

Another head appears on the spin monster.

the thing that pisses me off it that IF they get off due to insufficient evidence and no one talking, it will suddenly be that Hird and Co will be competently innocent and in the eyes of some people (fan-bois)having done nothing wrong.

The fact is the gave their players who knows what and are basically saying we dont know what it was but you prove it was illegal. the players are seemily the ones forgotten here and its been the James Hird show.

I liken it the OJ Simpson trial, every one knew he did it but somehow got off.

I see it but I don't believe it. It's football, it's not life or death, it's not war or an act of god. Wait till you are confronted with a major non negotiable life issue and then reconsider what really matters in life.
Fair point. But sometimes a persons love for their football club and the weekend win or loss can help people escape the non negotiable life issue for those 3 hours of the game. End of the day the players will be guilty or not guilty, life will go on and so will season 2015.

what times kick off
ive got the week off and would like to know what time to camp in front of the laptop with a couple of bags of zigzag twisties

2pm Melbourne time tomorrow ... Which I guess is like 9am last Friday for our WA friends.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-30/dons-v-asada

When will the verdict be known?
The Tribunal will sit from 2pm at AFL House, but there is no public or media access to the room, meaning a verdict will not be known until the hearing has disbanded. There could also be a delay after the hearing as all parties consult with legal representatives before making public comment. Most experts seem to think it could be a long day of waiting for any movement – unless the players are cleared. If that's the case, the Tribunal could make a public statement reasonably quickly.

If they are found innocent then we will know fairly early.

If guilty then the decision that will be read will be long and detailed.

The longer we do not hear anything after 2pm the more likely a guilty verdict.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it'll be long and detailed regardless of the verdict. Still have to explain how conclusions were drawn from a multitude of evidence.

We'll know if it's guilty or not guilty quite quickly after 2pm.

Patrick Keane will be at the verdict, so given there's no restriction on revealing the overall finding itself, I think you'll find he'll tweet the verdict and the ramifications as soon as they're read out, so likely within five minutes of 2 o'clock, and a full media release later on in the evening.

In lieu of that, just make sure you're following Stevo/Ralph/Robbo/Barrett/Rohan on Twitter for whoever gets the first text into a tweet.

My thoughts precisely. Even if there is a long winded explanation for a not guilty verdict my guess is one or more of the players will tweet their relief.

2pm Melbourne time tomorrow ... Which I guess is like 9am last Friday for our WA friends.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-30/dons-v-asada

When will the verdict be known?
The Tribunal will sit from 2pm at AFL House, but there is no public or media access to the room, meaning a verdict will not be known until the hearing has disbanded. There could also be a delay after the hearing as all parties consult with legal representatives before making public comment. Most experts seem to think it could be a long day of waiting for any movement – unless the players are cleared. If that's the case, the Tribunal could make a public statement reasonably quickly.
Good too see they brang Robbo in for his comments :p

Strategic timing here from the AFL.

Verdict to be handed down tomorrow(today), with penalties on 'April Fools' day which they'll use to test the public reaction and go with whatever one receives the least outrage.
Penalties haven't been decided. They have to sit again to do that. Weeks away.

I stayed up a bit after I posted that. In fact i think i even stayed up past 9 pm... pretty hardcore I know..

Good luck today Dapper Jong Un

Tah matey. Wake me up when it's all over.

Strategic timing here from the AFL.

Verdict to be handed down tomorrow(today), with penalties on 'April Fools' day which they'll use to test the public reaction and go with whatever one receives the least outrage.
#wheeloffortune

I think it'll be long and detailed regardless of the verdict. Still have to explain how conclusions were drawn from a multitude of evidence.

We'll know if it's guilty or not guilty quite quickly after 2pm.

Patrick Keane will be at the verdict, so given there's no restriction on revealing the overall finding itself, I think you'll find he'll tweet the verdict and the ramifications as soon as they're read out, so likely within five minutes of 2 o'clock, and a full media release later on in the evening.

In lieu of that, just make sure you're following Stevo/Ralph/Robbo/Barrett/Rohan on Twitter for whoever gets the first text into a tweet.
There won't be any of that, because they have to allow for the 21 day appeal period. Details will be scarce.

We'll be treated like mushrooms for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back