Drug importer Shane Charter admits secrecy over peptide shipment

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a paywall on that site. Can you give the gist of the article?

As an AFL tribunal prepares to hand down its judgment in the case of 34 current and former Bombers players accused of taking a banned peptide, Thymosin Beta 4, The Australian can reveal that Shane Charter instructed a business associate to remove all documentation from the shipment to conceal his Chinese source.

Mr Charter’s admission supports Melbourne pharmacist Nima Alavi’s claim that he does not know what peptides he provided to former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank in the lead-up to the 2012 AFL season.

Mr Charter told The Australian it was his practice when importing peptides to remove any information that could identify their manufacturer.

“I would always take the original labels off and leave any certificate of analysis in China to hide the original company details to avoid direct dealing,’’ he said.

This is a terrible article.

Can someone please explain what he means by:

"so a drug importer would not be cut out of future deals."

and

“I would always take the original labels off and leave any certificate of analysis in China to hide the original company details to avoid direct dealing.’

I know a direct dealing is something in the Customs Act but I am not following the significance here. Does he just mean he is trying to avoid Customs?

Thanks.

Yeah, what else what Charter shipping in?

My guess is it starts with pseudo, ends with ephedrine.

For articles from the Australian, just google select words from the headline. In this case, "peptide shipment news". Google result removes the paywall.

Good business on Charter's behalf, really. Those shipment records would be very interesting reading.

and

“I would always take the original labels off and leave any certificate of analysis in China to hide the original company details to avoid direct dealing.’

I know a direct dealing is something in the Customs Act but I am not following the significance here. Does he just mean he is trying to avoid Customs?

Thanks.
To ensure he kept getting paid. Why would anyone pay to go through him if they can go directly through the manufacturer for a cheaper price? Removing the labels made him an essential cog and kept him in business.

That's how I read it, anyhow. I know nothing of the customs act.

and

Thanks.
I think he is saying he removed all details of the original producer of the drugs so the people he was selling them to would not be able to read who made them, contact them directly for their next purchase and cut Charter out of future deals

To ensure he kept getting paid. Why would anyone pay to go through him if they can go directly through the manufacturer for a cheaper price? Removing the labels made him an essential cog and kept him in business.

Yep, that's how I read it to. Just keeping the middle man in business.

The lack of authenticity certification is a ridiculous prospect though because Alavi would be making the compound up blind. How would he know what to compound it with, to what strength etc. I don't buy it, sorry.

Last edited:

The lack of authenticity certification is a ridiculous prospect though because Alavi would be making the compound up blind. How would he know what to compound it with, to what strength etc. I don't buy it, sorry.
I don't buy it either. The "taking the labels off" seems to be a direct attempt to support that photo with the calibri text "thymodulin" on it. However as you said. How would Alavi know what he was doing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is saying he removed all details of the original producer of the drugs so the people he was selling them to would not be able to read who made them, contact them directly for their next purchase and cut Charter out of future deals

Ok - Gottya. Thanks. Seems obvious now. Either poor writing by Chip or I am an idiot or both ;)

Now that doesn't seem like that a big deal to me. You would only need to remove the label from the source at the end of the line before . So what?

I think Chip ( and David Grace) are trying to say well yeah we may have ordered TB4, imported and injected it, but you cant prove it to so ner ner na ner ner.

I don't think that is going to fly.

And if the Bombers were only after thymomodulin - well they could have sourced that themselves anyway with or without Charters and with or without Charters worrying about the labels and without Alavi.
Why bother with Alavi for thymomodulin?

Dr-Baby-Siro-Thymomodulin-400.jpg

Attachments

• imgres.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

You are right. That is what the article is saying. The customs act is not relevant at all. my bad.

They seem to be saying - yeah we might have had tb4 - or we might have had thymomodulin - but noone can prove it one way or the other because all the documentation was deliberately destroyed by Charters for innocent (enough) reasons.

i dont think this will fly as I think ASADA can show what came out of the source anyhow.
It also means Alavi is lying his ass off - but I think we all knew that.

Last edited:

and

Thanks.

I think it was about him making sure he still got his cut. Don't let Alavi know who the supplier is, and he can't contact the supplier/get more without Charter's involvement.

The idea that Alavi didn't know what was in the product's be compounded though is bordering on the ridiculous though. Sure he was probably dodgy, but mixing 2 (or more) substances without knowing what they were? That just gets into freakishly bad levels of misconduct.

You are right. That is what the article is saying. The customs act is not relevant at all. my bad.

They seem to be saying - yeah we might have had tb4 - or we might have had thymomodulin - but noone can prove it one way or the other because all the documentation was deliberately destroyed by Charters for innocent (enough) reasons.

i dont think this will fly as I think ASADA can show what came out of the source anyhow.
It also means Alavi is lying his ass off - but I think we all knew that.

Charter has admitted (3AW interview I think it was) that he ONLY ever imported TB4 to pass on to Dank. Straight from his mouth.

And Alavi is supposed to be a medical professional. How this guy keeps his medical certification from his board is amazing.

I guess we just have to rely on customs then for what Charters brought in.
  • 2011.12.02 - Shane Charter returns to Melbourne with Raw material for GHRP-6,
    CJC-1295, Thymosin Beta-4 and IGF1-LR3. During December 2011, he also ordered from China, via email, on behalf of Dank: GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, Hexarelin, Thymosin beta-4 and Mechano growth factor
So it was one of these take your pick? ALL BANNED.

I have imported commercial material. One of the processes is for Customs to say what type of product it is, how much of it is made in the export country, and how much of it is an imported component. Say for instance foodstuffs from New Zealand. If it also contains material from China, the New Zealand company has to state that. I would be pretty sure (not 100%) you aren't allowed to tamper with the information labelling Charter did

I don't understand 2 things:

1/ You relabel it when it comes into your premises. Not in the country of origin.

2/ You establish a business practice with your client. If you think he is going to do the dirty on you, find someone else you think won't.

Sounds like bullshit. He could have more easily relabelled the material here. Even if he relabelled it over in China, he would have accurately described what it was. I can't think what he did was legal. You could import any illegal drug this way.

Also this. Most important: there is a detailed description of the product on the Bill of Lading. That would be essential for investigators to check what was imported. This is why he did it in China.

Black ops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back