KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lanky played nick casey's mob and won by about 6 goals
barn looked sharp and the mids espically hiily got plenty of it.
and our backs kept the opposition to a losing score
something we couldn't do with last years backline
so they should have the backs to cover those blokes?? It will be won out of the middle I think!! But just interrested because there forward line is the best I've seen in a while for the kdfl!!!

so they should have the backs to cover those blokes?? It will be won out of the middle I think!! But just interrested because there forward line is the best I've seen in a while for the kdfl!!!
IMO reckon Nagambie have the best forward line in the KDFL and will kick plenty of big scores.

Their back line must not have been too bad as they made finals. Hey smooth ?
Haha mate I don't bother replying to nothing that Foxtrot36 has to say, he's just a very sh#t fisherman with very poor bait.... But yes your right, I would have too agree if a team makes finals then each 1/3 must be performing to good standards?

But it's pretty piss poor by Fox as I'm the only defender to leave so in otherwords he's also saying that Tyse Dipetta, Michael Orr, Nick Bertoli, Chris Taylor & Zac Cerrone (all of which still in the side) were sh#t last year too....

Forwards are only as good as the players getting them the ball!
Defenders can only do so much if the ball keeps flowing in all day.
Exactly tmitch, that's why it always comes back to the midfield group, they have to run both ways, the better midfield that can do that will usually see their team come out on top....

Exactly tmitch, that's why it always comes back to the midfield group, they have to run both ways, the better midfield that can do that will usually see their team come out on top....
I agree mate but nagambies forward will give the top sides a headache imo!!

I have only seen lanky play once and it was there final vs Murch and I thought Orr was the better defender . You may be right normo we will find out in coming days

lanky defenders will have match up fine on nag !
Orr vs Rattray bertoli vs tl dippetta vs Stevens tAylor and cerrone take Connors and Bradbury
That's only 5 on 5? Who's the 6th Defender & 6th Forward? IMO the match ups stated above will be 50/50 & could go either way on their days (I think that's how they will start, but maybe dipetta to connors), but interested who the final spot will be filled by both sides? In what could be a close game it could come down to that final match-up??

That's only 5 on 5? Who's the 6th Defender & 6th Forward? IMO the match ups stated above will be 50/50 & could go either way on their days (I think that's how they will start, but maybe dipetta to connors), but interested who the final spot will be filled by both sides? In what could be a close game it could come down to that final match-up??
Tommy Neville has been playing down back smooth. A good young kid, honest and hard working. Not sure if he will make the final side for 1st game against nagambie.

Tommy Neville has been playing down back smooth. A good young kid, honest and hard working. Not sure if he will make the final side for 1st game against nagambie.
Yeah cheers Atomant, Tommy actually played on Rattray in the 1st game last year & kept him to 2goals, so there's another option for them.... Looks like it might come down to the midfield groups.... What a cracker it should be....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any news on Rushy's situation?
Speaking to an under 18 player who was going to play with them up until a few weeks ago, & was told Rushy won't be fielding an U/18's (so he was looking elsewhere) or reserves side this year? Reserves from last year (who won flag) have been pleaded with to step up so senior side can take the field...
Sad if true cause rushy r a proud club, won reserves flag last year, seniors were beaten by lanky in granny in 2011 (I think) and U/18's won 1 in the past few years as well?
How's there netball numbers?

Is there any news on Rushy's situation?
Speaking to an under 18 player who was going to play with them up until a few weeks ago, & was told Rushy won't be fielding an U/18's (so he was looking elsewhere) or reserves side this year? Reserves from last year (who won flag) have been pleaded with to step up so senior side can take the field...
Sad if true cause rushy r a proud club, won reserves flag last year, seniors were beaten by lanky in granny in 2011 (I think) and U/18's won 1 in the past few years as well?
How's there netball numbers?

Netball numbers are very good.. yeah looks like we'll only be fielding one team at this stage.. but a few of the boys who have hung around are working their butts off to try and get enough to get a twos team together

Last edited:
Netball numbers are very good.. yeah looks like we'll only be feilding one team at this stage.. but a few of the boys who have hung around are working their butts off to try and get enough to get a twos team together
Looks like gate revenue is going to go up this year - not
That's a bad attitude to start with saying you are only going to field one team

If they can only field one side (hopefully they can get both) will it have to be seniors??

Sparra, that's a bad attitude to start with saying that they have a bad attitude! Do you even know what's going on behind closed doors with their club? Do you have any idea how hard the people are working to try field a side? Plus he also said "AT THIS STAGE" to me that states they are still working their butts of to field 2 teams! Do you think any clubs in this league wake up of a morning thinking it's ok, we'll just field 1 team this year because we couldn't care less!! To me yes it would be a massive shame if they couldn't field atleast 2 teams but knowing a few people at Rushy I can guarantee they will do everything they can to get it to happen....

Ps last time I checked you where involved with VT, maybe if you haven't got anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say then you should just keep looking after your own backyard & make sure your not next.... ;)

Thanks for the ensightful and well researched response Sparra... I'll let the committee that have been working their arses off know of your unwavering support. You f$&@wit !!

Last edited:
You're missing the much bigger picture, footy is struggling to maintain numbers and young players are not progressing into senior ranks. Undoubtedly, everyone at Rushworth has been sitting on their hands and waiting for players to fall out of the trees. The warm glow from the 2012 flag hasn't lasted long Sparra; I guess although you can have a lot of spending it, money really can't buy long term happiness. April 11 is yet to arrive and a lot can happen in a week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back