2015 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

All three Aussies couldn't finish. Goddamn it.

That's a shame. Sounded like all three were having reasonably strong races too.

The future of Dani Pedrosa is currently clouded, he announced after the race that he's struggling badly with arm pump despite two surgeries already to relieve it. The current advice is that further surgery may make it worse and the tone of his statement gives the impression that he won't be at Austin, or racing again until the problem is sorted.

What happened to Jack ?
He was about 20th with 3-4 laps to go then disappeared.
Crashed out trying to overtake Abraham on the 2nd last or last lap. Think he may have even wiped him out in the process too. Started like a house on fire though!

I know that it's the internet so I should expect it but people on so many internet forums really are just brainless dicks. So of the armchair commentary about Lorenzo's helmet problem defy belief.

Helmet issue 'cost Lorenzo chance of victory

jimsingstuesdays
March 30, 2015 12:05 AM

And if you believe that you'll believe anything!

serious4play
March 30, 2015 12:29 AM

Why is it when Vale wins people can't admit they were beat fair and square?

Realist
March 30, 2015 12:31 AM

This one is as bad as the "Mosquitos" excuse last season.

SuperSic
March 30, 2015 12:44 AM

re: crashnetdummies: There's a picture on twitter proving his saying, his hemet was badly damaged, adios HJC, welcome Arai... By his own account not sure he couldve beaten Rossi though, but 2nd or 3rd wasn't unrealistic. Still a decent result after a torrid weekend. What a fun race to watch !

Looked at it, not enough of an excuse.

Guna4699
March 30, 2015 9:50 AM

mosquitoes, seat cushion, foam lining... never ever heard anything like that in motogp. These must get the excuse of the century award. Did all the donkey work for Dovi in the lead eating up tyres and complains about helmet. When you can't pull away in the front it is better not to be in lead, let the other guy lead and stay in his slip stream to save tyre and little fuel. Dovi did try to go in front and tried to pull away, he can't, after initial laps Dovi never tried to unleash the Ducati to out drag Lorenzo, Dovi was just cruising behind until Rossi arrived in the scene passing Iannone in later half of the race. Only after Rossi's arrival Dovi tried to out drag Lorenz every time when they hit the straight.
He wanted to blame on something. Something was not perfect in his helmet and he chose that.

SuperSic
March 30, 2015 10:52 AM

re: spectator: you can see the picture of problem foam inside lorenzo helmet in gpone dot com. So it's really happened to Lorenzo

And it's not that bad, and doesn't impare his vision that much. It would have been a minor irritation.
Proven by the fact that he stayed out there and finished 4th.​

So what was this problem that Jorge was making weak excuses about?

lorenzo.big.jpg

Yep, minor irritation. Because motorcyclists look out the bottom of their helmets screen...

Lorenzo-Laguna-Seca-2013.jpg

Know nothing dickheads! :mad:

I'm sorry. I can see something impeding him. But I can't make out what it is.
The foam padding which usually sits up in the helmet supporting the forehead has broken off and slid down his forehead, blocking a good amount of his visibility. As you can see from the photos they spend most of the time looking up through that part of the visor so it would have been extremely difficult/dangerous to run a good pace like that! Was looking good for a win or podium finish before it happened.

Seems Casey was interested in replacing Dani for the next couple of races but Honda knocked it on the head. What??

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...edrosa-at-austin/story-fn2ms4i4-1227293924213
Yeah seen that. I kind of agree. Would love him to come back but having never ridden at either COTA or Argentina and combine that with zero time on the bike and the high level of competition it would not be a pretty return i don't think! I hope the last comment in the article comes to fruition though! That would be awesome. Was/Is a freak on a bike and am looking foward to seeing how he goes at Suzuka!

Yeah seen that. I kind of agree. Would love him to come back but having never ridden at either COTA or Argentina and combine that with zero time on the bike and the high level of competition it would not be a pretty return i don't think! I hope the last comment in the article comes to fruition though! That would be awesome. Was/Is a freak on a bike and am looking foward to seeing how he goes at Suzuka!

I'm a fan of Aoyama but Stoner on his worst day is better than Hiroshi on his best day. Casey would learn the tracks quick enough, he'd be competitive no doubt. I think above all that Stoner doesn't have the thickest skin to criticism and Honda are protecting him from the inevitable flaming he'll cop from his haters. Wrong way to go, I think.

I'm a fan of Aoyama but Stoner on his worst day is better than Hiroshi on his best day. Casey would learn the tracks quick enough, he'd be competitive no doubt. I think above all that Stoner doesn't have the thickest skin to criticism and Honda are protecting him from the inevitable flaming he'll cop from his haters. Wrong way to go, I think.

Yeah i have seen some pretty average things said about Casey before so it doesn't surprise me that Honda are going the conservative route with Aoyama. Although Livio Suppo doesn't warm to the idea anyway. Doesn't seem to want to risk Caseys reputation for a one or two off race with such little prep or bike time under his belt and two tracks he's never ridden at. He Even says “Casey is Casey, but do we really think he may trouble Marc (Marquez) these days?” I would love to find out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Miller got penalised. Was deemed a racing incident from Race direction as far as i know. Ran up the back of Bradl at turn 1 midway to end of the race which sat Bradl on his ass, Then just lost position to Nicky Hayden when they were battling. They didn't actually show the incident only Bradl on the floor. besides that Jack rode a decent race. His first points.

Last edited:
I don't think Miller got penalised. Was deemed a racing incident from Race direction as far as i know. Ran up the back of Bradl at turn 1 midway to end of the race which sat Bradl on his ass, Then just lost position to Nicky Hayden when they were battling. They didn't actually show the indecent only Bradl on the floor. besides that Jack rode a decent race. His first points.

Oh, I read in a couple of reports his clash cost him a couple of spots. Must've just been on that lap.

Ant West finished an encouraging 7 th place in the Moto2 race - in the dry! It looks like the SpeedUp bike will give the Kalex a run for its money with Sam Lowes not crashing for a change and taking the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back