QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

blackmagic17

Debutant
Jan 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ha ha, find it interesting you keep finding a way to put your nose in Bucky. I'm sure the Swans lads couldn't give a rats arse about your insightful opinions.
Who were the Swans kidding, it was obvious from the start they weren't going to be competitive! Especially the way they talked themselves up in the pre-season.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not harsh, just true.

Did you watch the game?

I watched the Woodsmen about 10 times last year, and Tim Green wearing #18 was an absolute gun. They also often had a very good tall full-back who was lightening quick and really attacked the game, and 2 very good back pockets - the nuggety guy that has a bit of a cult following, and the other bloke who looks like he has been doing dumbell curls 5 hours a day for 10 years.

not to mention a few appearances by Ed Mcdonald, who is obviously on another level altogether with AFL experience.

Yeah I did go for a look. Wanted to see how Griffith-Moorooka are travelling, as I reckon they will still be the benchmark in this division. Woodsmen seemed to chop off a lot at half back, and would have outscored GM in two of the quarters I think. Their accuracy in front of goal definitely did hurt them though. GM kicking a couple late probably didn't reflect how close the game was.

Yeah I did go for a look. Wanted to see how Griffith-Moorooka are travelling, as I reckon they will still be the benchmark in this division. Woodsmen seemed to chop off a lot at half back, and would have outscored GM in two of the quarters I think. Their accuracy in front of goal definitely did hurt them though. GM kicking a couple late probably didn't reflect how close the game was.
I agree and thought they had a couple of very handy defenders.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Quote from the QAFL website.

Sam Whish-Wilson

“We caught then napping at the start, our boys were ready to go, there’s word around the competition that when you play against Bond Uni you’re playing against fast young kids that are a bit soft. Deep down in our change rooms walls, we know we are as hard as any team. The boys got together a couple of months before Christmas and set out the plans for this year. Everyone signed up bar one from the grand final team, so when you have some stability like that it shows in games like today.”

Think it's fair to say Sam and co read Big Footy !!!

Swanpond

Rookie
Mar 30, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Who were the Swans kidding, it was obvious from the start they weren't going to be competitive! Especially the way they talked themselves up in the pre-season.
Now mate we are not trying to kid anyone here new coach new team mates it just seems everyone jumped on the band wagon because we got a few new guys over from kedron including the coaches will take time to gell together but with what we lost and what we gained I think break even would be to sneak into the finals..

Swanpond

Rookie
Mar 30, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
[
I hope you were missing a few players on the weekend.. 10 goals worth
to be honest maybe 4 I think our fitness,age and speed or lack of really showed but they whole pre season cup we have been fairly close to full strength.. No need for excuses we have a lot of work to do and it really shows after the weekend!!

lifeisfooty

Rookie
Mar 30, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I witnessed the game on saturday between bond and pine rivers. Both teams looked extremely soft with noone wanting to go hard at the football and prepared to put their head over the ball. When a player got beaten he decided it was easier to be dirty. If thats what we are calling strong football Qld football is a long way from succesa

Swanpond

Rookie
Mar 30, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I witnessed the game on saturday between bond and pine rivers. Both teams looked extremely soft with noone wanting to go hard at the football and prepared to put their head over the ball. When a player got beaten he decided it was easier to be dirty. If thats what we are calling strong football Qld football is a long way from succesa
Yeah agreed on that one mate when the going gets tough get on the dirty train it seems!! Hopefully we can get our stuff together only a couple weeks now getting excited.!

Kingsman

Rookie
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bond looking good but their depth will be tested once injuries hit and especially when the semester break comes as most of the southerners usually visit home. Plus Bond likes to schedule Saturday exams during the 2 exam weeks which will also be a challenge for them.

KINGCAPSLOCK

Draftee
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The only people who talked Pine rivers up this year was themselves.

I'd be interested to see how bond go on smaller grounds like Wynnum, park ridge and Carara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yahtzee

Rookie
Mar 15, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The only people who talked Pine rivers up this year was themselves.

I'd be interested to see how bond go on smaller grounds like Wynnum, park ridge and Carara
The ground at Yeronga wasn't what I would call huge and they seemed to work it out ok via handballs

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would say GM are significantly stronger than Redcliffe if using the Woodsmen as a measure.

Redcliffe beat a very understrength Woodsmen by just 20 points

GM beat a much stronger outfit, albeit still with significant outs - by a much bigger margin.

Comparisons like this are never accurate, but its a reasonable conclusion that GM will be stronger based on the above.

Swanpond

Rookie
Mar 30, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Would say GM are significantly stronger than Redcliffe if using the Woodsmen as a measure.

GM beat a much stronger outfit, albeit still with significant outs - by a much bigger margin.

Comparisons like this are never accurate, but its a reasonable conclusion that GM will be stronger based on the above.[/QU did Redcliffe have a strong side when they played woodsman?

Spades

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Comparisons like this are never accurate, but its a reasonable conclusion that GM will be stronger based on the above.

You've lost the plot. You're clearly smoking crack. Unless you know every player from all of these clubs you're only going off rumours. Maybe you should do some research. Which clubs have played a practice match this year with a full strength side? Which clubs have rotated all of their lists to insure all players have had a run before the season?

karmaking

All Australian
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Can I have your expert opinion on Park Ridge, where you tip them to finish and how you rate the recruits.
Cheers that would be great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back