No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
there's one thing i don't get.

are the tribunal deliberating as we speak?
if not, why are we (everyone involved) still waiting for the verdict?
if not, when was the verdict reached, and why couldn't it have been handed down at that time?
They would have finished deliberating days - if not weeks - ago.

The time since then has been spent finalising their official reasoning document and / or doing non-tribunal stuff.

In trying to find the potential silver lining I've discovered that hurling abuse at Clint Jones whenever he kicks the ball is thoroughly therapeutic and would gladly welcome a season's worth of it.

So I'm totally cool with whatever.

AsIfYouCare

All Australian
Oct 16, 2003
Melton
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Exers
I'm all for a bit of stretching the rules via supplementation but these boys are done. Not only is there intent, now they've concocted a half arsed excuse in an attempt to get away with it. It's almost as though they want 4 years. A pro athlete on the fringes of the big time doesn't accidentally turn up with clenbuterol in his system.

The 4 year ban applies only if there is intent to cheat, with the onus on the players to show lack of intent. In the absence of further damning evidence, the Collingwood players might be able to provide a plausible story, concocted or not, showing lack of intent. Perhaps they took cocaine that had been cut with clenbuterol? Apparently such cutting is not unknown.

They're screwed anyway, if the B sample comes back positive. Such a story would still result in a two year ban, and for fringe players that would be career ending.

there's one thing i don't get.

are the tribunal deliberating as we speak?
if not, why are we (everyone involved) still waiting for the verdict?
if not, when was the verdict reached, and why couldn't it have been handed down at that time?

$T2eC16h,!ysE9sy0kzGKBR7,R0EbJw~~60_35.JPG

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
http://www.3aw.com.au/news/drugs-tr...footy-fans-neil-mitchell-20150331-1mbmjt.html

Essendon players are unlikely to appeal if found guilty of drug use at the tribunal today, Neil Mitchell reports.

This has been fought out in public. It must be dealt with in public.

"I believe the AFL Players' Association has decided that if the Essendon players are today found guilty, there won't be an immediate appeal," Mitchell said on 3AW Mornings.

"My tip is that the association will instead ask for a quick hearing on penalty ... and that's fair enough, because any appeal would probably mean another delay of 7-8 weeks during which the players can't play anyway."

The decision will be handed down at AFL House today behind closed doors, which Neil Mitchell says is an "insult" footy fans.

"There's a bigger issue here: It's all being done in secret," he said.

"I am told that if the decision is 'not guilty' a press conference is already planned.

"But if the decision is 'guilty', there will probably be no press conference, only a brief statement.

"Now, come on. That insults every football follower.

"This has been fought out in public. It has undermined the game. It has damaged reputations.

"It must be fully completely dealt with in public.

"Anything else further undermines the game."

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Eddie wants to sack the pies boys if they're found guilty. Bit Harsh.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
To be honest there case is pretty much 100% conclusive if there B Sample comes back positive. I know if we had two fringe players do the same most of us would want them sacked to.

Sacked? Let them cop the two year ban and that's it I reckon. Fringe player or not you have to support your boys.

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
If they cop 4 years what good would they be to Collingwood? Even 2 years.

Well yeah. I guess you'd have to let it run it's course.

Kaiser Powser

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
When the Judgement comes, don't expect it to be "guilty" or "not guilty". They also shouldn't use the term "insufficient evidence".

The Judgement will likely be "proven" or "not proven".

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back