News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article. If it turns out that the same thing has indeed happened to Keeffe and Thomas, it could actually be a blessing in disguise for the club.

It will be a shame for Keeffe and Thomas to cop a whack in the circumstances, but nothing could turn a young impressionable group of talented youngsters away from party drugs like seeing their mates careers destroyed.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks of speculation waiting for those B samples...

That makes a lot of sense.

It will be a revelation for these guys thinking of taking party drugs if suddenly they find that careers can be ruined because a PED might be included in the recipe.

It puts a different spin on the old line "dont take drugs because you dont know whats in them".

Differenve between us and your mob is we will sack them. No point letting it go on for years and years. You won't be able to be a dog with a bone then.
Look I'm not going to go into it on your board, but I don't think Essendon is in a position to sack the players considering that the substances in question were administered by employees of the club. Very different to the Collingwood situation.

Look I'm not going to go into it on your board, but I don't think Essendon is in a position to sack the players considering that the substances in question were administered by employees of the club. Very different to the Collingwood situation.

You're 100% right , although the no 1 candidate for sacking at the Bombers is still the golden child.

Sorry guys if this has already been answered but why are we waiting 3 weeks for the B sample test and ultimately a decision/result. If the boys are innocent then making them sweat for weeks is ridiculous. Austin Powers was unfrozen from his Cryogenic chamber in less than 15min. Surely the process can be fast forwarded. Maybe there's a logical reason behind it or maybe the systems drafted by the lawyers to allow significant billing time.

At least the Pies and there supporter are showing some class. Well done Pies. No place in our game for drug cheats.
Something out of there control yeah. Wake Up mate

This post is confusing not sure if its aimed cause i go for the bombers which i dont mention in my post which everyone is sick of hearing about and just want to watch football. Or your calling the two pies guilty already, you dont even know the circumstances and they haven't gone thru the full processes yet to make judgement.

Negativity and guilt seems to always come before positivity and innocent before proven guilty these days.......

Not around this story at all yet, shocked to be here in fact, damn country interwebs & stuff but it's quite simple.......

When the B samples come back positive then ASADA gives these guys their right whack & we take it up the blurter.

If ANYONE in the CFC was involved (which doesn't sound like it) they are gone, gone from the club forever.

If Bucks was involved, as much as I love him, yes that's right Hirdashians & i guess foamers now lol, he's gone. Although I'm glad Bucks doesn't have the stink of Charter/Dank on his playing career. Was it Charter or Dank? I can't remember as I'm on PDD's, performance debilitating drugs.
I just hope Bucks can be...... brave...so brave.

I'm just really pissed off that the AFL didn't give us a heads up about this, I mean who do I blame!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

#standbysanctions

PS: I'ld like to give props to my broker who called me yesterday & told me to invest in Coca-Cola Amatil & Mentos.
Cha ching!!!:p:p:p:p

EDIT: PPS: Written & typed by OA for the Neo-Liberal party.

Last edited:
This post is confusing not sure if its aimed cause i go for the bombers which i dont mention in my post which everyone is sick of hearing about and just want to watch football. Or your calling the two pies guilty already, you dont even know the circumstances and they haven't gone thru the full processes yet to make judgement.

Negativity and guilt seems to always come before positivity and innocent before proven guilty these days.......

Please no Essendon / Carlton bickering on our board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh Bucks and Collingwood have earned respect from the general footy public for the way they've handled this situation! Honesty is the only way, so well done to the pies...

Interesting article. If it turns out that the same thing has indeed happened to Keeffe and Thomas, it could actually be a blessing in disguise for the club.

It will be a shame for Keeffe and Thomas to cop a whack in the circumstances, but nothing could turn a young impressionable group of talented youngsters away from party drugs like seeing their mates careers destroyed.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks of speculation waiting for those B samples...

I find his story suspect but ah well, they ever get the party drugs and test them for proof?

Be a good cover story, dope up over off season then claim must of been the damn party drugs I snorted off that hookers arse.

Latest odds:

Josh Thomas - $1.25
Lachie Keefe - $1.40
Pendles - $10,001
Bad Boy special: boxed quinella Alan Didak/Ben Johnson/Chris Tarrant - $1.11
Bring_Back_Brad to suggest use of piledrivers - $2.50
Essendon poster attempts to use rumour as deflection - $1.01
This thread to turn into another Buckley coaching argument - betting suspended
[giggle]
Reposted to The Collingwood Blog

Not around this story at all yet, shocked to be here in fact, damn country interwebs & stuff but it's quite simple.......

When the B samples come back positive then ASADA gives these guys their right whack & we take it up the blurter.

If ANYONE in the CFC was involved (which doesn't sound like it) they are gone, gone from the club forever.

If Bucks was involved, as much as I love him, yes that's right Hirdashians & i guess foamers now lol, he's gone. Although I'm glad Bucks doesn't have the stink of Charter/Dank on his playing career. Was it Charter or Dank? I can't remember as I'm on PDD's, performance debilitating drugs.
I just hope Bucks can be...... brave...so brave.

I'm just really pissed off that the AFL didn't give us a heads up about this, I mean who do I blame!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

#standbysanctions

PS: I'ld like to give props to my broker who called me yesterday & told me to invest in Coca-Cola Amatil & Mentos.
Cha ching!!!:p:p:p:p
I have shares in the former but what is Mentos? I would actually be a little wary of investing in Coca-cola who seem to have misjudged the mood of the world.

I have shares in the former but what is Mentos? I would actually be a little wary of investing in Coca-cola who seem to have misjudged the mood of the world.
Mentos is a mint lollie type thingo, combined with coke, it does this.......

mentos-coke-eruption-5.jpg

I find his story suspect but ah well, they ever get the party drugs and test them for proof?

Be a good cover story, dope up over off season then claim must of been the damn party drugs I snorted off that hookers arse.
If they could test them for proof I suspect he wouldn't have received a two year ban.

Mentos is a mint lollie type thingo, combined with coke, it does this.......

mentos-coke-eruption-5.jpg
To think I even thought you were halfway serious. The mentos to which you refer and its chemical reaction with coke are somewhat familiar to me from my distant past. I never imagined you having a personal stockbroker! Particularly up there in the sticks with intermittent internet. I loved the wifi in Thailand which was at least 3 times faster than our ADSL2. We aren't the lucky country we think ourselves to be in some respects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back