EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players got away because the club did not produce the paper work that would have specified who took what, and ASADA had to rely on circumstantial evidence.

That's not a victory for four reasons:

1. The possibility that Charters and Alavi may still appear before CAS if there is an appeal

2. New testing methods that nab cheating athletes years later mean that these players will always be subject to potential findings of guilt.

3. The thousands of injections of non-medical, the drugs on premises, the use of the drugs by coaches, the muscular dystrophy experiments and the knowledge of the coach will forever taint this club as the biggest drug cheats in Australian sports history.

4. The players live with the uncertainty about what was injected into them. That will play out over many years.

I think you have over interpreted.

The statement is about a group of people. Any player means any individual.

But if it was about a group of people, they would have worded it differently, after all they had 3 weeks to choose the exact wording of their judgement.

When someone says that there is insufficient evidence that any players was administered banned substances, they are are saying exactly that they dont believe that any player was administered banned substances.

In his press conference, Gil said that what he has read (which we haven't been privvy to yet) is that the tribunal believes that there is insufficient evidence to believe that the substance administered to EFC players was in fact TB4.

didnt hear that part. I did hear him say ASADA tried to manipulate his evidence. He also said Hird didnt control the program and if staff followed jis instructions there wouldnt have been any issue

Yea I heard that.. Quite funny.... we can all stand on a chair and say something out a loud, then do something under the table... bit like Black Ops I guess

Not surprising in the slightest. Even if WADA or whatever appeal it doesn't matter. If the AFL can buy six-twelve months more time, which means retirements, trades out of Essendon and dilute the pain across the comp, then that's a win for them.

They won't ever throw the Essendon Football Club under the bus, and anyone who thought they would is a moron.

I was expecting guilty verdicts with retrospective bans or possibly bans that extend a couple of weeks into the 2105 season. That way Essendon are not thrown under the bus and ASADA/WADA are appeased and the whole affair has closure. This way there is still the possibility of appeals and the bans will be out of the AFL's hands.

This is never going to go away. The stain is there for good.

Honestly?

I think you're vastly overestimating how much this website reflects the general footballing public.

But if it was about a group of people, they would have worded it differently, after all they had 3 weeks to choose the exact wording of their judgement.

When someone says that there is insufficient evidence that any players was administered banned substances, they are are saying exactly that they dont believe that any player was administered banned substances.

In his press conference, Gil said that what he has read (which we haven't been privvy to yet) is that the tribunal believes that there is insufficient evidence to believe that the substance administered to EFC players was in fact TB4.
So what was the substance then? so theyre saying if they cant prove exactly what was taken then injdct what ever you want and keep no records? Disgusting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a debate about the findings with my cousin on Facebook about this result today. He kept using the word innocent. That is completely wrong. There was insufficient evidence to prosecute the players. However, due to the lack of documentation, there is also nothing to definitely prove innocence in this case.

Honestly?

I think you're vastly overestimating how much this website reflects the general footballing public.
I think you're underestimating it.

didnt hear that part. I did hear him say ASADA tried to manipulate his evidence. He also said Hird didnt control the program and if staff followed jis instructions there wouldnt have been any issue
Christ. Why was a convicted drug dealer giving advice to those running the program and aware of who was responsible for what? Why hasn't this been addressed before?

what a joke that Essendon Staff see this as a Victory...... FFS Jobe Watson still said its that then players still don't know what they were injected with..... so sad
again, these are seperate issues. The club acknowledges the mistakes it made around that program. The joy is that players who never chose to dope were found not to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back