Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question, cos i may have missed it, but did ASADA end up interviewing Dank? I get why they wouldn't if they were certain they had an open and shut case against Essendon, but if WADA don't appeal, how can we possibly be in a situation where there is insufficient evidence, yet nobody has interviewed the guy who knows all the details?

You've got laugh at the Tribunal rejecting that Thymosin Alpha was used, but not being able to replace it with anything else in the injection regime, despite having a supply chain of TB4 from Charter to Alavi to Dank and consent forms that say Thymosin was being administered.

I mean that's just a whole new level of stupid to me.

Just wondering, could we put a class-action up against the AFL?

I'm still really angry about the verdict, compounded by the contempt the league has shown to the fans over numerous years

One question, cos i may have missed it, but did ASADA end up interviewing Dank? I get why they wouldn't if they were certain they had an open and shut case against Essendon, but if WADA don't appeal, how can we possibly be in a situation where there is insufficient evidence, yet nobody has interviewed the guy who knows all the details?
I believe he 'declined' to be interviewed

Feel about the same as I did on GF Day, 2012...

Really, really flat. Like I always knew it was possible, but knew when it occurred that the universe really had made a mistake...

I thought ASADA eventually got the rights to force him to be interviewed, and then did nothing with that power.
They didn't interview him. Whether that was because they thought they had him pinned already, or they thought he'd just muddy the waters, I don't know.

I believe ASADA will be TOLD not to appeal.
New Government now, one that is childish enough to want this "blackest day in sport" to be seen as a nothing.
It's WADA or nothing folks, sorry.

There is no point ASADA appealing - it would still be to an AFL tribunal.

I am completely dumbfounded. The ruling basically states they know Essendon players received TB4 injections. We still do not know what the Mexican drug was - is this the redacted drug in the AFL charge sheet? There is still no proper explanation on AOD.

And today's little package gets delivered 2 days before the first game, presumably so the whole world can move on on Thursday.

WTF? We are being played here. It is disgusting.

Andy was not the problem. The problem is endemic.

So, just to recap....

I would've thought...
  • consent forms with Thymosin on them
  • rejecting that Thymosin Alpha was used at Essendon.
  • a bottle Dank refers to as Thymosin being seen by players
  • Acceptance that Dank received Thymosin Beta 4 from Alavi
  • Dank texting Hird that Thymosin would be starting next week
  • Dank texting Robinson that Thymosin would be the cornerstone of the program
  • Dank's declaration of how he used Thymosin at Essendon
  • Dank's annoyance at TB4 being referred to as a banned drug
  • Players saying that they were given Thymosin
That would go a pretty long way to making me 'comfortably satisfied' that TB4 and the drug the players were getting were the same thing, but I'm obviously not a judge*.

* with a heap of money being shoved under my nose.

You've got laugh at the Tribunal rejecting that Thymosin Alpha was used, but not being able to replace it with anything else in the injection regime, despite having a supply chain of TB4 from Charter to Alavi to Dank and consent forms that say Thymosin was being administered.

I mean that's just a whole new level of stupid to me.
Guess they didn't feel comfortable about being satisfied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved Gil's comment

"A timely outcome....."

Let's cut the bullshit Gil, the timing of the announcement was timetabled beautifully, some would think you were well aware of what the outcome would be.

They didn't interview him. Whether that was because they thought they had him pinned already, or they thought he'd just muddy the waters, I don't know.

It's a ridiculous situation to be in.. insufficient evidence, and no interview with the guy who has all the evidence. I mean, not even the AFL show that level of incompetence!

So, just to recap....

I would've thought...
  • consent forms with Thymosin on them
  • rejecting that Thymosin Alpha was used at Essendon.
  • a bottle Dank refers to as Thymosin being seen by players
  • Acceptance that Dank received Thymosin Beta 4 from Alavi
  • Dank texting Hird that Thymosin would be starting next week
  • Dank texting Robinson that Thymosin would be the cornerstone of the program
  • Dank's declaration of how he used Thymosin at Essendon
  • Dank's annoyance at TB4 being referred to as a banned drug
  • Players saying that they were given Thymosin
That would go a pretty long way to making me 'comfortably satisfied' that TB4 and the drug the players were getting were the same thing, but I'm obviously not a judge*.

* with a heap of money being shoved under my nose.
But because there is no definite, indisputable evidence that they took it, they get let off. That's what the AFL paid tribunal would have told them. "Circumstantial, not matter how strong it is, is not enough. It needs to be indisputable."

Fortunately WADA don't operate like that.

But because there is no definite, indisputable evidence that they took it, they get let off. That's what the AFL paid tribunal would have told them. "Circumstantial, not matter how strong it is, is not enough. It needs to be indisputable."

Fortunately WADA don't operate like that.
You're still keen on WADA?

I'd like to see that, but my faith in the right thing happening here has taken a bit of a beating.

Gil says they shouldn't
Robbo says they shouldn't
Gerard says they won't
Mcdevitt didn't sound confident

I just can't see it happening tbh

Overseas feedback, if any, may force the hand of WADA but I'm thinking "that's all folks"

Why wouldn't they appeal?
It's ok, our friend is back.

Guys I'm back....

I read some of the stuff on here and couldn't help myself from commenting.

First can I say, yesterday's result was totally predictable. I predicted it many times in previous posts. It is the first step in a number we are about to go through. By the way I have previously said there is no way the an AFL Tribunal will find in favour of ASADA. The AFL is not going to allow their own tribunal to shoot them in the foot, in spite of their protestations of independence. It has always been and always will be a tribunal,under the control of the AFL. Last time I wrote that in here there were howls of outrage that I would dare to impune the integrity of the former judges on the panel, who are paid two or three times more by the AFL than they would have been as judges. Of course they are going to find in favour of their employers, and meet the enormous political pressure from all sides just wishing this would go away. It will not.

The next step is that ASADA will appeal to the AFL appeals tribunal - a bit like soviet dissident appealing to the soviet Central committee. Nothing will come of it, which means WADA will step in and take it to CAS. This may take several months but it will happen. We just need to be patient.

You're still keen on WADA?

I'd like to see that, but my faith in the right thing happening here has taken a bit of a beating.

its disheartening, but wherever big money is at stake, there is big time corruption. I'm surprised so many good people here had so much faith in fairness and justice, and the Australian football league and their circle jerking sycophantic followers.

It's ok, our friend is back.

Guys I'm back....

I read some of the stuff on here and couldn't help myself from commenting.

First can I say, yesterday's result was totally predictable. I predicted it many times in previous posts. It is the first step in a number we are about to go through. By the way I have previously said there is no way the an AFL Tribunal will find in favour of ASADA. The AFL is not going to allow their own tribunal to shoot them in the foot, in spite of their protestations of independence. It has always been and always will be a tribunal,under the control of the AFL. Last time I wrote that in here there were howls of outrage that I would dare to impune the integrity of the former judges on the panel, who are paid two or three times more by the AFL than they would have been as judges. Of course they are going to find in favour of their employers, and meet the enormous political pressure from all sides just wishing this would go away. It will not.

The next step is that ASADA will appeal to the AFL appeals tribunal - a bit like soviet dissident appealing to the soviet Central committee. Nothing will come of it, which means WADA will step in and take it to CAS. This may take several months but it will happen. We just need to be patient.
That's my guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back