EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hirdy is looking pretty crook these days, has clearly suffered a lot

For the players sake good on them on them for getting off and I sincerely hope there are no long term medical consequences that come out of in the future, because at the end of the day that's the bigger picture, an individuals health.... a fact that seems to get lost on quite a few.

I can't believe Dons fans celebrating like something good has happened. The outcome is that your club ran an uncontrolled injection program which may very well have involved performance enhancing and banned drugs, but thanks to a total lack of documentation and key people refusing to talk they have avoided anyone knowing the truth one way or another. Yeah, great result for all concerned.

He can get banned for traffiking, which is having the substance on the premises.

I think it's stupid how they didn't release their decision on Dank today, why are the players so important to get their hearing done earlier? I understand that its independent (and I kind of believe it really is), but how can it be truly independent when they are worried about the players getting their decision earlier then Danks?

Why have it all in the 1 hearing if your not going to release the verdicts together. That has made me a bit of faith in the tribunal

not expecting his verdict to be released until after the appeal period has lapsed.

Absolutely, which makes this thing stink

He should of received his verdict at the same time as the players. Will cause more backlash then what it's worth
Not in the AFL influenced media. All systems go on Operation Save Face means that any such talk regarding unanswered questions will not be tolerated. As Gil said, some questions will never be answered. Unless CAS is brought into the game which is clearly why Gil is talking about just outcomes and imploring ASADA to let it go.

Oh yes the injection regime - If we add the multi vitamin aspect it is a little more convincing.

Certainly more people have died in construction than from "sports science".
Unbelievable.

I can't believe Dons fans celebrating like something good has happened. The outcome is that your club ran an uncontrolled injection program which may very well have involved performance enhancing and banned drugs, but thanks to a total lack of documentation and key people refusing to talk they have avoided anyone knowing the truth one way or another. Yeah, great result for all concerned.
I'd love to know the truth of how Geelong players put on 7kg in 7 weeks with Robinson and Dank's assistance. I know our program was stringently investigated for over 2 years and they didn't find compelling evidence of cheating.

Lol. I decided to take a brief break from my self-imposed exile as I expected that the ASADA board would be delivering all kinds of lulz today. Bigfooty, it is not often I can say this, but today you have delivered. In spades.

And I wouldn't be doing this account justice were I not to dig up some gold from the past, so here it is. Enjoy.

April 25, 2013:
Smiling Buddha said:
Who exactly is 'the entire world of sport' and why haven't they said 'boo' to tennis stars such as Rafael Nadal or Serena Williams?

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com.au/

Forget 'rules'. Look at interests. Tell me whose interest it is in that EFC goes down for this. Please, tell me.

And forget about pissants on the sidelines like you, me and the rest of this site. Tell me which people with heavy vested interests (ie those with power) in this would benefit if players get suspended.

Not the AFL. Not the government. Not even the MSM, if we look at it on a wider scale than just selling some ad-space during the handing down of penalties.

So if none of the government, MSM or the league concerned benefit from the club going down, tell me why it will happen.

I should hope your response will be better than, 'because there are some rules written somewhere'. 'Rules' don't mean s**t. If they did, we wouldn't be funding via our taxes right now imperial wars on the other side of the planet. Power is what matters, and those with it have nothing to gain by suspending the EFC playing list.

No, but I have spent the best part of the last 15 years working in and around politics.

As I said, don't make the mistake of thinking that just because people hold views or vote in a way you don't like, they are stupid. Its patronising, gets you nowhere in terms of advancing your own goals, and betrays a pretty narrow understanding of the world.

Your point about "imperial wars". Well, Australia has had no real experience of those.

But in the US, after two of them, the electorate is very much opposed to any new ones. They have learned that lesson.
If MaddAdam knows geopolitics or football, then Kevin Rudd is Henry Kissinger.

August 13, 2013:
How much are you willing to bet that players will get suspended from teh affle?

I will bet my existence on this forum that EFC players will not be suspended from H&A matches.

You have claimed that WADA guidelines are 'black and white', bans will be 'two years minimum'. Shall we make a bet?

By the way, anybody who couldn't see the writing on the wall yesterday (when the AFL's chief mouthpiece broke the story about the Collingwood players) ought to reconsider their entire worldview. Because it is wrong. Dead wrong. On a fundamental level. Kids who work out the Tooth Fairy is nonsense have more ability to think critically than you, and if you think I am exaggerating, please re-read this paragraph from the beginning.

Earlier in this or the Collingwood thread I saw some chump post words to the effect, 'I am outraged by the drug-cheats in thie game today, I pay good money to see a clean game'. Newsflash, Jack: So long as chumps like you hand over the cash, the game will never be clean. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Professional sport = professional doping. On a mass scale. If you want to see herculean physical specimens running around, you will get what you want, and it will involve copious amounts of doping.

And if you still think that EFC or the two Collingwood players are 'aberrations', I pray for your progeny that you are an adolescent. Because adults have no excuse for believing that this or any other professional sporting competition is 'clean'.

The AFL is, as I have said before, one level above WWE. It is sports entertainment. You pay the money, they put on the show. Don't like it that HHH misses his World Champion shot for hugging his friend? You'll tune in next week anyway, you silly fool. Cha-ching cha-ching. And Gilligan is out dining with Melbourne's well-to-do set while you lament this decision. Did somebody say lobster?

Smiling Buddha out.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this OJ Simpson all over again?

Classy.

I guess he can just add it to the long list of personal costs of not running a PED program
He should have actually run it, then it would have been worth the cost.

He's going to have a lot of fun with that spreadsheet when he gets his day in court.
The same spreadsheet he chose not to disclose to spare your club and the players 2 years of misery, that spreadsheet?

They were unanimous and could not have been more emphatic about their decision. For all we know the evidence did not even get close to the balance of probabilities. It was from the outset, based on the "possibility" of an infraction and probably moved nowhere from there.
What was emphatic about not being comfortably satisfied? That's about as unemphatic as it gets. You have no idea how close it was. Word was the case was line ball.

I'd love to know the truth of how Geelong players put on 7kg in 7 weeks with Robinson and Dank's assistance. I know our program was stringently investigated for over 2 years and they didn't find compelling evidence of cheating.
No, they didn't find quite enough evidence of cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back