Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

This is true, but competition runners need to be regular posters on this board. Of which he is not.
This was something I was not aware of. I guess you need to be active on this board to post a few jumpers and label it 'Blah V Blah.' I don't get it. Why do you need to post on this board regularly to become a comp creator?

This was something I was not aware of. I guess you need to be active on this board to post a few jumpers and label it 'Blah V Blah.' I don't get it. Why do you need to post on this board regularly to become a comp creator?
You don't get it. We have never given out comps for lurkers or newbies to run.

Also, I don't think I've seen Haro enter a comp recently.

I couldn't give less shits about this board, but HaroLad's comp was just shat on because of his reputation. People started making their own jumper comps and the truth is, NAFL and IFA were the original 2 leagues. Pretty unfair to just kick him off.
Actually, the IFA wasnt the original, theres been plenty before it was even proposed.

It shows dedication to the competition and the board. We cant give a long comp like the NAFL to an irregular because theres no guarantee that theyll stick around

You don't get it. We have never given out comps for lurkers or newbies to run.

Also, I don't think I've seen Haro enter a comp recently.
Haro is older than Volta on this board....

Haro probably isn't entering those comps out of spite. The majority are rip offs.

I find this whole thing disgusting. I've spent at least 50 hours of my ******* life on this. Being given the green light then told that you need to find 10 people who support you in a group of people who hate you is like being stabbed in the back. I spent hours making videos, designing jumpers, campaigning for the IFA and even arguing with people to defend it's existence. 50 hours is a long time. There is absolutely no harm letting this go ahead, none at all. You have no idea how much this means to me, and how much it will hurt if it gets shut down. It's the only connection that I have left in this board.

Even if you hate me, please like the post. Connect with me on a human level, imagine if the project you spent hours on was destroyed, how would you feel?

I can't sleep now. This project means so much to me, it's the best thing I've ever done. I'll probably stay up most of the night now, negotiating with people to get them to like the post, because it means so much to me.

This is true, but competition runners need to be regular posters on this board. Of which he is not.
I don't post on this board because the competitions do not interest me or because they require socks. Also, because some people dislike me and I cannot partake in discussion, and due to my hypocritical nature of posting I feel the moderators are too strict

Actually, the IFA wasnt the original, theres been plenty before it was even proposed.

It shows dedication to the competition and the board. We cant give a long comp like the NAFL to an irregular because theres no guarantee that theyll stick around
Haro has already run a season of IFA and he didn't sprint off did he? I am aware of that Brycie boy, but there hasn't been one of these comps for a while besides NAFL and then the IFA. Then people started shitting on HL's work and making their own rip offs.

I can't remember, but most comps tend to taper off after a while. Look at Scorcho's logo of the week - I think I killed it with an ironic entry in the end.

Interest was fine from memory, we started doing an overall comp with all the winning jumpers facing off and 4321 was going to run it again but he disappeared.

I can't sleep now. This project means so much to me, it's the best thing I've ever done. I'll probably stay up most of the night now, negotiating with people to get them to like the post, because it means so much to me.
Probably time to step away for a bit and re-evaluate if something on the internet is affecting you on a personal level.

Probably time to step away for a bit and re-evaluate if something on the internet is affecting you on a personal level.
No it's not. 50 hours of work is something I'm going to throw away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we still even *discussing* the IFA. Vote with your feet people.
Because it's the premier international competition of this board. Don't worry rabrab, the IFA will go on.

Because it's the premier international competition of this board. Don't worry rabrab, the IFA will go on.

0107ed46652274bdcf62652829e572d43fd14b1e0b16d6c273bb503901dc77d1.jpg

Mate, I've got no idea who you are, same probably goes for you. If you're unaware of the situation, please do not comment on it.
crow28 was here before you arrive Haro. He took a break from posting for sometime, and is now back.

Mate, I've got no idea who you are, same probably goes for you. If you're unaware of the situation, please do not comment on it.

I've been a regular visitor and semi-regular poster on this board since before it was even its own board. I've been reading about this situation in the background for a long time and am well across it.

To be honest, I'm a bit 50/50 on this whole issue. On one hand, I do kind of feel that if you can run a small competition and you have people willing to enter it, then as a public forum there really shouldn't be anything to stop you doing it. Nobody "owns" this forum or this board. Everybody who posts here has a right to feel welcomed and free to participate in everything.

On the other hand, there does have to be some rules in place to keep things running smoothly. The IFA was a great idea, but the individual competitions covering smaller geographical areas around the globe gives more people the chance to compete in more competitions, which results in more designs and greater quality in improvement across the board. These competitions in many ways make the IFA redundant, and going ahead with a competition many people don't want can just lead to angst and clutter on the board.

I've been a regular visitor and semi-regular poster on this board since before it was even its own board. I've been reading about this situation in the background for a long time and am well across it.

To be honest, I'm a bit 50/50 on this whole issue. On one hand, I do kind of feel that if you can run a small competition and you have people willing to enter it, then as a public forum there really shouldn't be anything to stop you doing it. Nobody "owns" this forum or this board. Everybody who posts here has a right to feel welcomed and free to participate in everything.

On the other hand, there does have to be some rules in place to keep things running smoothly. The IFA was a great idea, but the individual competitions covering smaller geographical areas around the globe gives more people the chance to compete in more competitions, which results in more designs and greater quality in improvement across the board. These competitions in many ways make the IFA redundant, and going ahead with a competition many people don't want can just lead to angst and clutter on the board.
#ifatheoriginalandthebest will go on, because I'm morally against copies of my competition going ahead, and it's only right that I get to keep it going.

Hmmm, an international competition with multiple teams, each with a set of jumpers and a logo to be designed, based in major cities around the world.

Sound familiar anyone?
20s7g5d.jpg

History
The year is 2050, and Australian Rules football is global. Every country has their own league, and their fan bases are massive. The International Cup is still running, but there is a clear gap between the teams. The AFL have found that there are 16 countries that are dominating the competition, and have decided to form the 'Australian Rules International Champions League'. This is a league for the top 16 teams from around the globe.

Idea
The AFL are looking to hire 16 designers, one for each team. They are to come up with a logo, a colour scheme, a team mascot and suitable sponsors.

Competition
Everyone that enters has to pick a country (any), a colour scheme (preferably two or three colours), a team mascot and a short back story (no more than a paragraph). A backup idea, or secondary country, can also be picked. The best sixteen teams will be picked by me, and designers will be informed. A logo, jumper and mascot are to be created. Eight matches will be played in round one. Members of BigFooty will vote for the best designs and brand in the matches. Winners will advance, and losers will be eliminated. Teams will be narrowed down to two and they will play off in the inaugural Champions League Final and a winner will be declared.

Get designing!

-
Past Winners and Runners up
Inaugural Champion/Runner up: Canada Maple Leafs (craegus)/USA Lightning (ThunderPower_14)
ARICL2 Champion/Runner up:

Hmmm, an international competition with multiple teams, each with a set of jumpers and a logo to be designed, based in major cities around the world.

Sound familiar anyone?
This.

But it would need to be bigger because there are many more designers on the board at the moment.

This.

But it would need to be bigger because there are many more designers on the board at the moment.
Im not petitioning for it to come back, not for a while at least. Im just sick of the whole "IFA is the original" stuff

Im not petitioning for it to come back, not for a while at least. Im just sick of the whole "IFA is the original" stuff
The IFA is the original club based international competition of this board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back