Game Day Round 1: Adelaide Crows VS North Melbourne (Brown out, Jacobs in, Turner sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One very underrated film. A great re-make of a classic. Brendan Fraser is at his best in this.

I especially liked the overly-sensitive character (he's reacting to the beauty of the sunset here)

xf2mo8.jpg
The drug lord scene kills me everytime.

Really looking forward to this, but am far from optimistic. That round 1 hoodoo + Adelaide in Adelaide + the mere mention of Kerridge playing has me nervous.

On the glass half full side, looking at our last couple of pre-seasons you could see the set up for a poor round 1 showing each year. We were generally slow to get going during the pre season matches, our intensity and skill levels were down and the general attitude was more "she'll be right come the regular season" rather than "you train how you play".

This pre-season has been a bit different. Although I have been a little unnerved by the way in which we seemed to ease into the first two NAB challenge matches ("she'll be right mate"), in both those matches we kicked into gear and played with some intensity and spirit. Come the final match against Richmond we were more switched on than I think I've seen in a pre-season match under B Scott, especially early. Man, I've been waiting years to see some of that!

Now pre-season form isn't the be all and end all of course, but seeing as how we've been a team that in recent years has played round one in the same way we played the pre-season (sluggishly), I am pretty glad we showed some sharpness and intensity this year and feel more confident we have some decent momentum taking us into round one. I would nothing better than to see th boys come out breathing fire like they did early against Geelong in the semi final, and rip the Crows to shreds before they have time to blink.

On a personnel front, I would love to see Mason Wood get a run. He's done everything right and deserves a go. I'm dying to see Hansen back but I hope we don't play unless he is 100% fit and ready to go. Not fussed about who out of Tarrant and Tippett gets the gig - I'm expecting one will and think both have shown enough, which is a good thing. I have no idea who plays on Betts and see him as a massive danger - I think the days of playing Thommo on him are over, Betts at Carlton played more of a LT style mark and goal small forward than a livewire crumbing type. Probably cos of Carlton's small options (Garlett etc) and lack of tall timber. Now he has Walker and Jenkins to work at the feet of, he's now playing a different style and I don't think Thommo is really suited to it. I'd to see Jacobs get the job, with Atley as the fall back. Outside of Betts the rest of Adelaide list don't worry me (Kerridge excluded of course) so long as we play our best - yes Danger and Sloane can kill us if not attended to, but I'll back in our midfield unit to be too good for that to happen.

I'm tipping a North win by not that much and that I'll get some glowering death stares over the top of some quality knitting action from the Adelaide faithful. And by god I'm glad the footy is finally back :thumbsu:

The taste of a prelim and quality injected into the side with Waite and Higgins means we have no room for sluggish starts and our top 4 tilt starts RD 1.

Boys are ready.

???

Don't give me a heart attack.

I really hope we don't gift a round 1 game to Black based on 'potential' or how he fits into the structure.

One of the big unknowns is who is going to be our tagger/run-with player this season, Now that Levi is gone. As far as I can tell we didn't tag anyone pre-season (like the other 17 clubs). Even if we have a general no tagging policy at some stage someone will get off the leash & will need to be locked down.

Candidates could be Basti, McDonald, Kanye or even someone more unexpected like JMac or Wright.

Anyone got some intel or beliefs on who it may be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the big unknowns is who is going to be our tagger/run-with player this season, Now that Levi is gone. As far as I can tell we didn't tag anyone pre-season (like the other 17 clubs). Even if we have a general no tagging policy at some stage someone will get off the leash & will need to be locked down.

Candidates could be Basti, McDonald, Kanye or even someone more unexpected like JMac or Wright.

Anyone got some intel or beliefs on who it may be?

we never have put a heavy tag on anyone but if someone does get off the leash i will expect Gibo or Basti to go with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back