No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually The Wep used Dank while at Geelong. Never on Geelongs books.

Agreed about the GC hypocrisy in regards to Wep, being an AFL owned club has its benefits.

Hird met with Charters and Dank up on the Gold Coast to discuss supps back at the beginning. He used him as a player so obviously was ok with it, but the guy is a convicted smuggler ffs. Where did he assume the drugs were coming from?
Remember though that a number of well respected players did at one or point or another in their afl careers, have a relationship with Charters.

I don't know if it's been brought up yet, but you can all talk about Caro, there's no doubt the media performance of the day goes to Bec Wilson on SEN.

"I just can't believe that, you know, all these highly respected people have been covering it, like Caroline Wilson, and the amount of stuff they've written on it, I mean, couldn't the tribunal members at least have read that!!??"

Yes, according to this actually fully employed "journalist", the tribunal, we're talking ex judges and barristers here, should not base their judgement on you know, the evidence presented by the prosecution... they should just read Caro's articles.

This is an actual journalist saying this, not some drunken bloke at the bar.

These people actually hold influential positions. It actually hurts the brain to think about.
Yes, the hard working journalists are the true victims in this saga.

Remember though that a number of well respected players did at one or point or another in their afl careers, have a relationship with Charters.
Correct, this was all before he was convicted.

This day and age after his conviction he was a no go zone. No matter how good he is.

The media will destroy a club with just a whim, why then would we look at getting a convicted smuggler to source our supps.

Correct, this was all before he was convicted.

This day and age after his conviction he was a no go zone. No matter how good he is.

The media will destroy a club with just a whim, why then would we look at getting a convicted smuggler to source our supps.
You're exactly right. But from memory -- I could be wrong -- but didn't Hird only really meet Charters once while coach, and wasn't it at a surprise? Hadn't Dank arranged for Charters to be present without Hird's knowledge?

EDIT: I have to be up early, so I'm gonna go push some Zzzzs around the room. If I'm wrong, apologies. Didn't want my future lack of a response to look like I was shirking being wrong.

at 2:00 today I was launching the boat, whilst confident of a not guilty verdict, PPB was the ideal place to hear some bad news. once I heard the verdict I was spewing I couldn't sit on the HTB and proudly receive my carding :)

today is one of the best and proudest days I've had being a BOMBERS supporter. the way the club and more importantly jobe and hirdy handled today was beyond my expectations.

I've just read every post from 2:00 pm onwards and to say almost everyone who has contributed to this board are ******* champions is beyond an understatement!

up the DONS, **** the foamers, **** Caro and **** Adam Goodes!

this is going to be a good bloody year, and we all deserve it!

Is this a euphemism that I'm unfamiliar with?

You're exactly right. But from memory -- I could be wrong -- but didn't Hird only really meet Charters once while coach, and wasn't it at a surprise? Hadn't Dank arranged for Charters to be present without Hird's knowledge?
This is what they say, but as the beer ads go "What are YOU doing here" Is a pretty laughable story.

Either way, it should have been stopped upon that meeting with a "Sorry Shane, we go back, but you carry too much heat these days. Best of luck with your future endeavors"

And yet people still call radio stations now, 18 months later, to ask why Essendon players aren't in trouble re AOD.
Some bloke rang up the radio station (in South Australia) this avo after the announcement. He said he was staggered that Essendon got let off despite their captain admitting taking the drug on national television.

The clueless announcer agreed and they just went back and forth with each other saying how baffled they were that ASADA couldn't pin this admission to a guilty verdict.

This is what they say, but as the beer ads go "What are YOU doing here" Is a pretty laughable story.

Either way, it should have been stopped upon that meeting with a "Sorry Shane, we go back, but you carry too much heat these days. Best of luck with your future endeavors"
Agreed.

but regardless of all of that, Evans was the one who sold us under the bus. The Ziggy report nailed us. That was the key report everyone keeps going back to. Evans has no recourse for that. And that alone is where many are highly critical.

Anyhoo. Let's fire up. Game on Saturday apparently. Anyone know what time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some bloke rang up the radio station (in South Australia) this avo after the announcement. He said he was staggered that Essendon got let off despite their captain admitting taking the drug on national television.

The clueless announcer agreed and they just went back and forth with each other saying how baffled they were that ASADA couldn't pin this admission to a guilty verdict.
Yup I heard that one too. Why bother ringing up if youve got no idea what youre talking about, right?
If im not wrong Ricchuto was saying simular things on Triple M too.

Agreed.

but regardless of all of that, Evans was the one who sold us under the bus. The Ziggy report nailed us. That was the key report everyone keeps going back to. Evans has no recourse for that. And that alone is where many are highly critical.

Anyhoo. Let's fire up. Game on Saturday apparently. Anyone know what time?
Got 4:05pm Check your local time just in case..

Firstly I'd like to join in the chorus of expressing my delight in the events of today. As previously posted, I was always confident - but I must say I was still nervous during those final moments.

To the point of my post. I'm sure I've read in a few articles such as the one below, that suggests Stephen Danks' charge sheet includes both Essendon and Gold Coast Suns.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/asada-say-dons-took-another-drug-and-dank-supplied-two-more-clubs

I also recall the media stating as such when he was served with his infraction notice.

Yet, this seems to have been kept very quiet as Essendon has been on the front and back pages of every national newspaper.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but can't help but think the reason why the decision on Dank has been put back a week is because he may be found guilty for what he did at Gold Coast. Now that would throw the cat amongst the magpies!

Regardless, I still find it amazing that:

1 - Gold Coast was never investigated - was it because that would reveal some inconvenient truths? Surely if he was suspected of dodgy dealing at Crunulla and Essendon, surely these practices would have occurred at the Suns? Well at least this should have formed a big part of ASADA's investigation! Was the AFL getting Essendon to self report part of a deal with ASADA? One can only wonder!

2 - the initial charge sheet for Essendon included a lack of governance associated with not undertaking appropriate checks before hiring Dank. Yet the AFL run Gold Coast Suns also hired him immediately prior. Where are the charges against Gold Coast for not undertaking their checks?

It all seems a bit too convenient for the AFL to sweep Gold Coast under the carpet and attack Essendon.

I need answers people, I can't let this go!

Firstly I'd like to join in the chorus of expressing my delight in the events of today. As previously posted, I was always confident - but I must say I was still nervous during those final moments.

To the point of my post. I'm sure I've read in a few articles such as the one below, that suggests Stephen Danks' charge sheet includes both Essendon and Gold Coast Suns.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/asada-say-dons-took-another-drug-and-dank-supplied-two-more-clubs

I also recall the media stating as such when he was served with his infraction notice.

Yet, this seems to have been kept very quiet as Essendon has been on the front and back pages of every national newspaper.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but can't help but think the reason why the decision on Dank has been put back a week is because he may be found guilty for what he did at Gold Coast. Now that would throw the cat amongst the magpies!

Regardless, I still find it amazing that:

1 - Gold Coast was never investigated - was it because that would reveal some inconvenient truths? Surely if he was suspected of dodgy dealing at Crunulla and Essendon, surely these practices would have occurred at the Suns? Well at least this should have formed a big part of ASADA's investigation! Was the AFL getting Essendon to self report part of a deal with ASADA? One can only wonder!

2 - the initial charge sheet for Essendon included a lack of governance associated with not undertaking appropriate checks before hiring Dank. Yet the AFL run Gold Coast Suns also hired him immediately prior. Where are the charges against Gold Coast for not undertaking their checks?

It all seems a bit too convenient for the AFL to sweep Gold Coast under the carpet and attack Essendon.

I need answers people, I can't let this go!
This has always been an issue for me and shines a bright spotlight on the manner in which the AFL have been controlling this. You would think that one day Hird asked to hire Dank and that he crawled out from under a desk and began his first AFL job. Nope. He came from the AFL-constructed Gold Coast Suns. He was "bad news" enough apparently to punish those that hired him for not checking his past, but again, he was at the AFL-constructed GC Suns. If anything that's a gold stamp on someone that this person is okay as far as the AFL is concerned.

Who knows what he did at Gold Coast. But the fact that we hear NOTHING about it is staggering, telling, whatever you want to call it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back